Any word on mega Man Star Force 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

strieeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 strieeyes
Member since 2003 • 1397 Posts
So, has anyone heard about the annual Mega Man release? Will there be a Star Force 2, or were the sales from the first one too low here? I know there was one in the works for a Japanese release, but I have not heard anything about it over here.
pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

There are lots of youtube videos for the japanese version here's one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhssY7iwT3A

so that means a sequel is definately being made. I really hope it gets realed in N America, I really enjoyed the last one as well as all the Battle Network games.

strieeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 strieeyes
I loved all of the BN games! I have to admit that I have not finished he first SF yet, know that a sequel is on the way is usually the best way to get me to finish a game. I loved the Brother Band, but unfortunately did not know anyone else that owned the game in order to really get to use it. i really hope the new one opens it up more. :)
krr0814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 krr0814
Member since 2004 • 1398 Posts
I hope we get it soon cause, i really enjoyed the first star force. maybe we'll get it this summer.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Mega Man Star Force 2 is actually already out in Japan (and has been since November 22, 2007), and North American and European releases are listed as "TBA". Curiously, they do, however, have a release date for the Australian version. I would say all signs point to the game definitely being released at some point in the future in North America.

From what I've heard, reviews of the second game say that it fixed a lot of complaints people had about the first one (restrictive movements, how it was too much a copy of Battle Network, etc.), and they also added online battles between human players, which I thought was really cool. I loved the first one despite most reviewers expressing a tepid level of interest, so I'm personally really looking forward to the prospect of more.

strieeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 strieeyes

Mega Man Star Force 2 is actually already out in Japan (and has been since November 22, 2007), and North American and European releases are listed as "TBA". Curiously, they do, however, have a release date for the Australian version. I would say all signs point to the game definitely being released at some point in the future in North America.

From what I've heard, reviews of the second game say that it fixed a lot of complaints people had about the first one (restrictive movements, how it was too much a copy of Battle Network, etc.), and they also added online battles between human players, which I thought was really cool. I loved the first one despite most reviewers expressing a tepid level of interest, so I'm personally really looking forward to the prospect of more.

GabuEx

Perhaps a September, or thereabouts release date, like all the previous games? I am very excited to hear that they have fixed the problems plaguing the first one. There were some gameplay issues that made me stop playing my copy for a while. Once I am finished with Professor Layto, I will pick it up again.

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts
Nice, looking forward to some online battles!
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Perhaps a September, or thereabouts release date, like all the previous games? I am very excited to hear that they have fixed the problems plaguing the first one. There were some gameplay issues that made me stop playing my copy for a while. Once I am finished with Professor Layto, I will pick it up again.

strieeyes

I don't know; beyond "it's coming" anything else is probably just speculation.

Roxas-Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Roxas-Master
Member since 2007 • 55 Posts
I hope this one's actually hard. I found the first one WAY too easy.