This topic is locked from further discussion.

sk8r_soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sk8r_soda
Member since 2003 • 41 Posts

Or anything like an RPG that is online that is out in the US now? I know that PSZ is comeing out some time but I dont know how online based that is gona be. I was wondering if there are any that are out right now, to keep me bussy till PSZ comes out at some point.

poetsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 poetsoul
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
Nope. RPGs exist aplenty but none featuring an online component.
sk8r_soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sk8r_soda

Guess I am gona have to wait for PSZ and see if that has it ohh well.

RTS____EX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RTS____EX
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/ragnarokonlineds/tech_info.html?tag=tabs;summary I confirmed it, it was released but japan only... i'm not interested so i can give you no more info
meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i doubt they will do any MMORPG for the DS, i've heard that there is a ragnarok DS game as well, but its not online. Anyway, i believe the DS connection is not fast enough to handle mmorpgs, so unless they improve it...

piratedrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 piratedrunk
Member since 2003 • 341 Posts

Yeah I'm pretty sure even PS is only going to have up to 4 players so I'm not sure there are any MMO's currently or planned.

blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#7 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts

Yeah I'm pretty sure even PS is only going to have up to 4 players so I'm not sure there are any MMO's currently or planned.

piratedrunk
the psp has untold legends warriors code with decent online play... I doubt the ds could handle a mmorpg.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

Lol I hope that was a joke. I'd like to see it happen but its impossible technically.

sk8r_soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sk8r_soda

piratedrunk

Yea it has 3 different online modes from the review I read, Solo, Friend, and World, they did not tell what solo online was but I amg guessing play it solo with online settings, and friend is connect via FC and world is connet WI-FI and rendome people up to 4. I am gona get it

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#10 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

Not MMO but 4 players with a sp campaign as well Dokapn Journey

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i doubt they will do any MMORPG for the DS, i've heard that there is a ragnarok DS game as well, but its not online. Anyway, i believe the DS connection is not fast enough to handle mmorpgs, so unless they improve it...

meiaman

Not to mention the unability to handle lots of characters on screen at the same time.

-Hitsugaya-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 -Hitsugaya-
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Or anything like an RPG that is online that is out in the US now? I know that PSZ is comeing out some time but I dont know how online based that is gona be. I was wondering if there are any that are out right now, to keep me bussy till PSZ comes out at some point.

sk8r_soda
HAVE YOU HEARD? Ragnorok Online is coming out soon (for Japan) It is a MMORPG!!! The problem is, however.... It's japanese... And Years later... It's English!
-Hitsugaya-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -Hitsugaya-
Right. They will make it so you use wi-fi for the multi player part... And they wil make the connection for the DS bigger... And they will make it so you can use a "pictochat"-like function on it... They WILL release it.
-Hitsugaya-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Hitsugaya-
Oh, and its 8 people max.
Tubenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tubenz
Member since 2008 • 184 Posts

MMO stands for Massive multiplayer online,but DS can support only 4 - 8 players online, and thats NOT massive multiplayer.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 meiaman

MMO stands for Massive multiplayer online,but DS can support only 4 - 8 players online, and thats NOT massive multiplayer.

Tubenz
This. And ragnarok/phantasy star zero are not massive. .... To the hell with phantasy star zero, sega, gimme a phantasy star IV remake, damm. =/
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
[QUOTE="meiaman"][QUOTE="Tubenz"]

This. And ragnarok/phantasy star zero are not massive. .... To the hell with phantasy star zero, sega, gimme a phantasy star IV remake, damm. =/

Are we forgettung about Maplestory? Its supposedly able to handle up to 50 players on each server. Too bad I think its gonna be a Japan only release.
ms-fable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 ms-fable
Member since 2008 • 741 Posts

Maple story ds....

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 meiaman

Are we forgettung about Maplestory? Its supposedly able to handle up to 50 players on each server. Too bad I think its gonna be a Japan only release.riariases

Maplestory is not a MMO too, or so i've heard. I've found this interview at gamasutra, its an interview with one of nexon's managers, Stephen Lee.

"You mean MapleStory DS? It's not an MMORPG kind of game. It's a typical kind of action role-playing game. It will have fairly different gameplay compared to the original version. It will be specifically adapted to the platform itself…We have some features that support multiplayer, but the main feature will focus on single player."

Link: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=16831

If you have a good source that indicates that supposedly maplestory ds is able to hand up to 50 players, i will believe i you, and no, the paperboy can't be counted as a reliable source.

ms-fable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 ms-fable
Member since 2008 • 741 Posts

You're right. I just checked abit out. oh well atleast there's going to be some online.

armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts

do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? mmorpg...... on nintendo DS........ they system that the wifi can only go up to 4 people ..................... really?

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts

[QUOTE="riariases"] Are we forgettung about Maplestory? Its supposedly able to handle up to 50 players on each server. Too bad I think its gonna be a Japan only release.meiaman

Maplestory is not a MMO too, or so i've heard. I've found this interview at gamasutra, its an interview with one of nexon's managers, Stephen Lee.

"You mean MapleStory DS? It's not an MMORPG kind of game. It's a typical kind of action role-playing game. It will have fairly different gameplay compared to the original version. It will be specifically adapted to the platform itself…We have some features that support multiplayer, but the main feature will focus on single player."

Link: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=16831

If you have a good source that indicates that supposedly maplestory ds is able to hand up to 50 players, i will believe i you, and no, the paperboy can't be counted as a reliable source.

Oh my god, thank you. Maple Story sucks anyways. Have you seen DS gameplay? It looks ugly. And if it actually came to the DS as an mmo, that would suck extremely. 'Cause of all the games that could possibly become an MMO on the DS, MapleStory just should not be one of them. And I still think its possible. It would be fun in my opinion.
Vinth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vinth
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
Umm, Both Phantasy Star Zero and Ragnarok Online DS is the closes to a MMO you will get on the DS. Also, PZ0 is getting english release in Winter 2009.
Tailscoolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tailscoolio
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts

A DS MMORPG is my dream! Nintendo, please be listening to this thread!