Am I the Only one that's a little ticked off??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

moo223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 moo223
Member since 2006 • 187 Posts

I just wanted to see if any of the original DS owners who bought the hand-held when it was released ae a little pissed off that they have a lite version out now with a brighter screen??? cause i am..

Okami_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Okami_Link
Member since 2007 • 488 Posts
I was but not anymore. I love my original DS
poetsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 poetsoul
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts

Not so much.

It's always been the way of Nintendo handhelds to improve over time. I'd rather they improved the technology over time, wouldn't you?

The only reason I would be upset with Nintendo is if they deliberately held back on features to make more money with the DS Lite... and I doubt that was the case, seeing as they were still neck and neck with Sony in the early months of the release.

princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts

I know a lot of people aren't too upset with it because we have come to expect this from Nintendo. It happens all the time with their handhelds. They come out with the GameBoy Color in one color and then months down the line there are a bunch of different variety of colors. Next the GBA is released and then a year or so later GBA SP comes out. That's justthe way that Nintendo rolls. If you are really that ticked off about it you should wait to buy the next handheld. I'm sure after awhile there will be a new version of it.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

I have a major problem comprehending why you are upset, are you perhaps easily upset? Do you have some kind of medical condition you haven't told us about perhaps? If not I don't get it, it's not like the time between the releases wasn't significant.

I also don't see why it's significant if Nintendo purposely or unpurposely held back features, do you not think that Apple DON'T want a bigger HDD in each new iPOD iteration? Of course they do, they want the product to have many features to boast about as possible, but oftentimes it just isn't viable to release a product will all it's features...I mean when you do you end with...well...the PS3...(actually, even that lost some features along the way).

RojAvon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 RojAvon
Member since 2005 • 922 Posts

Keep your old one, buy a DS and use the old one to play multiplayer games with friends.

Otherwise, get over it.

Paully3433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 Paully3433
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
Wonder what the better change is, DS --> DS Lite Or PSP --> PSP Slim?
OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OniStrat
Member since 2003 • 1800 Posts
I have the original DS and I'm happy with it. The DS lite is too small for my hands. : )
siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 siafni
Member since 2005 • 629 Posts
Mine had a problem after a year or so... Nintendo replaced it with a band new one (I don't agree with all the company does, but the customer service is great), and I sold it right away to get a light later on...
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#10 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts
The DS Lite offers more than a brighter screen. Games actually look more vibrant on the Lite's screen. Then there are the buttons, the altered GBA port, and the improved stylus. But the DS Lite doesn't make the original DS obsolete. If you have large hands, it's better to stick with the "fat" DS.
poetsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 poetsoul
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
If its any consolation, the DS Phat is built like a brick. None of those pesky shoulder buttons shutting down on you, as has happened twice with my DS lites.