am i the only one that hasn't bought a VC game yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

monkey2go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 monkey2go
Member since 2004 • 3760 Posts
cause i dont see the point in buying them if you could just download emulators. Like i have a modded xbox that has all the consoles ever made up to genesis i think, so i was thinking why buy the games that you already have. Yeah buying it from the VC will enhance your expierience from the wii but what else is difference and appealing.
OneSiCShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 OneSiCShooter
Member since 2006 • 103 Posts

yea i havnt bought one ethier. but if they do the original paper mario im there thats the only game i want

Psy236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Psy236
Member since 2006 • 973 Posts

the differences between buying on VC (or xbox live) and just downloading emulators and the games online is that buying them is actually legal. now, I'm not the kind of person to say "DON'T USE EMULATORS!! THEY'RE AGAINST THE LAW!!" because I personally have used them before myself, but u did ask what the difference was. Also, with the VC u get to play them with an actual controller that is pretty close to the actual controller (for NES and SNES at least) and you actually have full ownership of those game with the VC. Also, the actual visual quality and stuff is equal, if not a tad better, to that of the actual cartridge game on it's original system. I don't know about you, but I've always found it hard to find a rom that works perfectly of any game. I always end up getting one that either doesn't work worth crap, works fine except for a pixel glitch every once in a while, or works fine but not as good as the original.

I actually haven't downloaded any VC games. Not because I don't want to, but because I haven't had the money that I wanted to spend on them rather than on a new game or something else.

monkey2go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 monkey2go
Member since 2004 • 3760 Posts

yeah but i guess theres not alot to choose from right now so maybe thats why i havent bought anything

kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts

yeah but i guess theres not alot to choose from right now so maybe thats why i havent bought anything

monkey2go

I think there's a ton for me to purchase and want personally.

Ranchod94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Ranchod94
Member since 2004 • 404 Posts
Neither have I. Overpriced and have too many originals on their systems.
robotecha5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 robotecha5
Member since 2006 • 1207 Posts
I havnt theyre all old games. Unlike XBLA wich releases new content.
Airek49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Airek49
Member since 2003 • 1081 Posts

I haven't and don't plan on it.

I'm not spending money for a 20 year old game. I didn't buy a $250 brand new system to play classics on. Give me some real games. 

kayne2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 kayne2000
Member since 2004 • 5583 Posts

i havent but prolly will eventually

and most companies dont care about genesis and nes emulation cause its so old

well nintendo might now care about new emulation but still you get the point

hiho24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 hiho24
Member since 2005 • 4052 Posts
I love the VC.   I have 6 games on it already and I havfe 2700 points on it so when I feel like getting another game I will. :)
Thegame2429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Thegame2429
Member since 2003 • 653 Posts
I havent bought a VC game yet either. I have yet to see the point of it. Every good game they release on the VC i have in my basement with my old N64, SNES, and NES. So if i wanted to play those games again (Which I Dont) i would just hook up my old nintendo systems, insted of paying 10 and 20 dollars on Wii points. I bought the Wii to play Wii games, not VC games.
jdsteffen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 jdsteffen
Member since 2003 • 184 Posts

To me it seems like a waste of money. I have a modded xbox with every system's emulators from nes to N64/ps1. Along with every game released in the US for each of them.

If the VC would release some original games that were simple and fun, I might be willing to pay for them. They should just take a look at RuneScape as a decent example.

slickvic1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 slickvic1990
Member since 2004 • 2590 Posts
no you are not. i havent even connected it to the internet yet. i dont have a wireless router or usb connector