According to Nintendo Reggie Fils-Aime, there's no DSi Virtual Console planned?

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

In my opinion, the DSi would become the definitive handheld IF it has a virtual console feature that can download and play GB, GBC, and GBA games on it. Maybe even have the ability to download old DS games as well, like the PSP can download old PSP games.

But as of right now, I don't see any incentive to pick up a DSi yet. There's only potential, but other than that, there really is nothing that cries out to me that it's a must-have upgrade right now.

"DSi Virtual Console? Sorry, no plans."

But this is where my topic comes in. According to this 1up editor's latest blog, he writes that NoA President Reggie told Wired that there is no plans for a DSi VC and that it would be impossible for it to happen because they want developers to take advantage of the system's unique capabilities.

Here it is:

ttp://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8985286&publicUserId=5379721

"According to Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aimes, there's no DSi Virtual Console in the works to make it possible, because DSi downloadable content should make specific use of the system's unique features."

Anyway, after I read that I cringed and cried out to myself, "NOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!!!"

The DSi looks like a cool upgrade and it probably would be great for casual gamers, no doubt. But what about the core gamers and longtime Nintendo fans like us? What about that endearing legacy Nintendo has from their past all those amazing GB, GBC, and GBA games that can be the ultimate gift to their fans to make these DSi VC games?!

The DSi has this potential.

If Nintendo does not put a VC for the DSi two things can happen:

1. This will permanantly confirm Nintendo cares more about the new casual market than their core fans. We're probably already aware of this but it would only further reinforce the thought.

2. Nintendo will betray themselves, which is that legacy they have built for all these years.

File:Gameboyline2.png

What an amazing legacy! C'mon Nintendo! The DSi VC is a potential gold mine!

I really hope Nintendo brings VC to the DSi. Not only will this be the greatest thing for a Nintendo handheld ever made, but it would also be the greatest gift for Nintendo core fans all over the world. Imagine being able to play all the Super Mario Bros. Advanced games, the Zelda handheld games, Metroid, Advanced Wars, Golden Sun, Tetris, Pokemon, all on one SD Cart!

And don't forget about these as well!

Please Nintendo, make this imagination come true for all of us!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's too soon

It might even be a generation too soon. You might not see a Virtual Console for the DS until the successor to the DS is finally unveiled.

Right now the DS library is amazing and the DSi allows content to be purchased online that you can't get anywhere else

I can see Nintendo sticking with that for the time being until the DSi takes hold, then working it's way into the back catalog of games

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ASK_Story

It's too soon

It might even be a generation too soon. You might not see a Virtual Console for the DS until the successor to the DS is finally unveiled.

Right now the DS library is amazing and the DSi allows content to be purchased online that you can't get anywhere else

I can see Nintendo sticking with that for the time being until the DSi takes hold, then working it's way into the back catalog of games

Jaysonguy
No. It's not too soon. The PSP has been doing it since day one. The DSi needs this. The fans need this. Without it, there really is no reason to pick up a DSi. The DS Lite is still the better choice: GBA BC and lower price point is enough to say that.
Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Redonkulous_D
Member since 2008 • 1018 Posts

No VC, eh?

I couldn't care less. It'd be cool though. Maybe they'll remake classic games so that they use the DSi's specific features, though I wouldn't get my hopes up.

P.S. The DSi doesn't need VC. If the DSi ware continues to be good and the DSi exclusive games/features are good, the DSi will be fine and worth the extra $40.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

It's too soon

ASK_Story

No. It's not too soon. The PSP has been doing it since day one. The DSi needs this. The fans need this. Without it, there really is no reason to pick up a DSi. The DS Lite is still the better choice: GBA BC and lower price point is enough to say that.

No it doesn't need it, as long as we're only talking Earth the DS doesn't need help anywhere

People aren't going to avoid buying a DSi because they can't get older games.

If you need your first DS you're going to go with a DSi

The_Spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Spiderman
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts

I gotta tell ya I'm disappointed there's not going to be a DSi VC. I was looking forward to downloading some classic GB & GBC titles to play. I'll probably still upgrade but it won't be until I absolutely have to now. What a shame! :cry:

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

That's too bad :( I was really hoping. I'm sticking with my DSL for now.

ChildOfGaming7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChildOfGaming7
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

That would be awesome, but I could live without it. I still find it awkward that my handheld has a shop:shock:

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

It's too soon

Jaysonguy

No it doesn't need it, as long as we're only talking Earth the DS doesn't need help anywhere

Sorry, but the GBA BC > DSiWare casual games anyday. Not everyone is satisfied with just mini-games and casual stuff. As of right now, the DS Lite is the better choice.
Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts

I think it will happen eventually

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jaysonguy

Sorry, but the GBA BC > DSiWare casual games anyday. Not everyone is satisfied with just mini-games and casual stuff. As of right now, the DS Lite is the better choice.ASK_Story

What does that have to do with anything?

If that was a priority then you would already have a system that plays those games

Heck if the GBA was really that much of a priority you'd have the GBA player for the Gamecube and be playing them on your TV like another SNES

Right now if you're into a portable system and you want to go from this point forward you grab the DSi.

Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Redonkulous_D

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"] No. It's not too soon. The PSP has been doing it since day one. The DSi needs this. The fans need this. Without it, there really is no reason to pick up a DSi. The DS Lite is still the better choice: GBA BC and lower price point is enough to say that.ASK_Story

Sorry, but the GBA BC > DSiWare casual games anyday. Not everyone is satisfied with just mini-games and casual stuff. As of right now, the DS Lite is the better choice.

There's a few things you're forgetting:

1. The DSi plays games better

2. The shop just opened, more, and probably better stuff will come

3. New DS gamers tend not to purchase GBA games

4. The DSi currently has the highest demand out of any game system

5. GBA games wouldn't be in the shop anyways

6. The DSi does almost everything the DS Lite does and MUCH more

7. The DSi is sturdier

8. The DSi is more resistant to scratches on the casing and is invulnerable to grease stains

9. The DSi has a better design

10. The for the price of one game, you can get a DSi instead of the Lite.

*re-reads list* Okay, you forgot a lot of things.

The DSi doen't need VC to thrive. So says the sales... So says I...

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ASK_Story

Redonkulous_D

7. The DSi is sturdier

8. The DSi is more resistant to scratches on the casing and is invulnerable to grease stains

I'll say it again: No GBA games or VC means the DSi isn't a must-have.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]Sorry, but the GBA BC > DSiWare casual games anyday. Not everyone is satisfied with just mini-games and casual stuff. As of right now, the DS Lite is the better choice.Jaysonguy

If that was a priority then you would already have a system that plays those games

Heck if the GBA was really that much of a priority you'd have the GBA player for the Gamecube and be playing them on your TV like another SNES

Right now if you're into a portable system and you want to go from this point forward you grab the DSi.

What does playing GBA games on the TV have to do with anything? I'm talking about portability here. Don't you want the option to play all your favorite past handheld Nintendo games off of one SD Cart? I'm sure most Nintendo fans do. If you're satisfied with mini-game collection and casual stuff, fine, that's your choice. But I need more reasons to dish out $180 than just a handful of DSiWare games that are more like demos than full games. I'd rather get a PSP with that money.
Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Redonkulous_D

[QUOTE="Redonkulous_D"]

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"] Sorry, but the GBA BC > DSiWare casual games anyday. Not everyone is satisfied with just mini-games and casual stuff. As of right now, the DS Lite is the better choice.ASK_Story

7. The DSi is sturdier

VC's not even a must-have feature! I'll admit it's a cool one, but can be done without. I, myself would rather have the blue highlighted features over a GBA slot. Many of the GBA games have sequels or have been remade for the DS anyways. The GBA slot is just as much a must-have feature as DSi Ware.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]Sorry, but the GBA BC > DSiWare casual games anyday. Not everyone is satisfied with just mini-games and casual stuff. As of right now, the DS Lite is the better choice.ASK_Story

What does playing GBA games on the TV have to do with anything? I'm talking about portability here. Don't you want the option to play all your favorite past handheld Nintendo games off of one SD Cart? I'm sure most Nintendo fans do. If you're satisfied with mini-game collection and casual stuff, fine, that's your choice. But I need more reasons to dish out $180 than just a handful of DSiWare games that are more like demos than full games. I'd rather get a PSP with that money.

The DS has the stongest software lineup of ANY platform this gen

You're making it sound like the DS is struggling to make it. Both versions are selling like hotcakes and it's got software for every single possible user. That's why it's selling so well, because anyone can pick up a DS and find a handful of games they want to play before they actually start researching the games.

Nintendo doesn't need to add anything to make it sell better, the one that someone doesn't pick up will be quickly scooped up by someone else

So what is the point of adding an actual incentive when they don't need to?

That's bad business

(also keep the name of that "other" thing out of this forum, you feel like talking about it go to System Wars)

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="Redonkulous_D"]

7. The DSi is sturdier

Redonkulous_D

VC's not even a must-have feature! I'll admit it's a cool one, but can be done without.

Um, no. Like I said, unless you're satisfied just with casual ware and mini-games, fine. That's your choice. But for me and other core Nintendo fans who love past Nintendo games, the VC is a must needed feature to convince us that the DSi is worth it. Taking away the ability to play GBA games on the DS was a big gamble. But if Nintendo made that sacrifice for the SD Slot but only use it for more casual ware, than I'm sorry to say that doesn't sell me. What if the Wii didn't have a VC? Same thing here. As a longtime Nintendo fan, GB, GBC, and GBA games not only represent games we loved when we were growing up as Nintendo fans, but it also represents Nintendo's legacy. If Nintendo takes that away not only are they betraying their core fans but they are betraying themselves.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ASK_Story

Jaysonguy

The DS has the stongest software lineup of ANY platform this gen

You're making it sound like the DS is struggling to make it. Both versions are selling like hotcakes and it's got software for every single possible user. That's why it's selling so well, because anyone can pick up a DS and find a handful of games they want to play before they actually start researching the games.

Nintendo doesn't need to add anything to make it sell better, the one that someone doesn't pick up will be quickly scooped up by someone else

So what is the point of adding an actual incentive when they don't need to?

That's bad business

(also keep the name of that "other" thing out of this forum, you feel like talking about it go to System Wars)

I don't care about sales. I care about the games.

lucifer3999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lucifer3999
Member since 2005 • 2319 Posts
i'll admit, VC was the selling point for me but thats not going to stop nintendo's target audience from buying a DSi it will stop me though. i'll keep my money
Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Redonkulous_D

[QUOTE="Redonkulous_D"]

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"] I'll say it again: No GBA games or VC means the DSi isn't a must-have.ASK_Story

VC's not even a must-have feature! I'll admit it's a cool one, but can be done without.

Um, no. Like I said, unless you're satisfied just with casual ware and mini-games, fine. That's your choice. But for me and other core Nintendo fans who love past Nintendo games, the VC is a must needed feature to convince us that the DSi is worth it. Taking away the ability to play GBA games on the DS was a big gamble. But if Nintendo made that sacrifice for the SD Slot but only use it for more casual ware, than I'm sorry to say that doesn't sell me. What if the Wii didn't have a VC? Same thing here. As a longtime Nintendo fan, GB, GBC, and GBA games not only represent games we loved when we were growing up as Nintendo fans, but it also represents Nintendo's legacy. If Nintendo takes that away not only are they betraying their core fans but they are betraying themselves.

Read Jasonguy's latest post. This one of the few time where I actually agree with him.

P.S. The Wii hardly has anything good, ergo why VC is necessary. The DS is the most popular gaming system so VC is not needed to boost sales and raise customer satisfaction.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

Man,i gotta say you have a point there.Some people wouldn't care for the VC for the DSi but there are alot of nintendo hardcore gamers who said that the VC is a must.Alot of People were furious onhow the GBA slot was gone but look at it this way,the nintendo DSi was not too long released so there is plenty of time before nintendo comes up with a new thing for the DSi shop that might suprise alot of people.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="Redonkulous_D"]

Redonkulous_D

Read Jasonguy's latest post. This one of the few time where I actually agree with him.

P.S. The Wii hardly has anything good, ergo why VC is necessary. The DS is the most popular gaming system so VC is not needed to boost sales and raise customer satisfaction.

His post and your reply here further confirms that we don't really need the DSi. Why pay more for a system where you can play all the games on the cheaper Lite that also has the ability to play GBA games? You guys are trying to find all these reasons why a DSi is a worthy upgrade, but what I'm saying is that, at the moment, it's not really needed. The DSi has potential, and for me, that potential is a VC. I love GBA games. Don't you want to play all the Super Mario Advanced games on the SD Cart? How about Zelda games like Link's Awakening, Minish Cap, or the Oracle of Ages series? What about Golden Sun? What about Metroid Fusion or Zero Mission? What about all those other great GB, GBC, and GBA games? See what I mean? That's potential and the VC is that potential. Nintendo made a huge gamble to take the GBA slot out so I'm hoping they take advantage of that SD Slot with a VC. But if they don't have any plans for a VC and only care about using that SD Slot for casual ware, than I'm sorry to say Nintendo abandoned their own core fans and their own legacy. See why the VC is so important? It's not just the ability to play games but it's also what it represents. It represents more than just the ability to download past games, it also represents Nintendo's past as well. I would hate to think Nintendo is also abandoning their own handheld core fans for casual fans. What a horrible, horrible thought!
meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

I don`t get Ninty, they first tell that they are planning VC, then later they say they won`t...

I was just checking the old rumors about pokemon platinum a year before the release, and guess what?

Most of them are wrong actually.

I guess the same applies for some things Ninty are saying about the future of the DSi for now...

The question is... what are those things?

Nanu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 Nanu-
Member since 2008 • 873 Posts
I think we should wait until the next gen of handhelds to see a VC on nintendo's handhelds. I would love to play all the great games nintendo have made for the past consoles & handhelds but the DS has a lots of good games to play on it that there's no necesity of a VC.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jaysonguy

Oh God

It comes down to this

If GBA and older games are so important then you're already OWNING THEM

So why are you bothered that you can't buy all your games again right now?

lucifer3999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lucifer3999

Oh God

It comes down to this

Jaysonguy
they aren't in production right now and it would be nice to be able to download them to your portable. i lost some of my GBA/GBC/GB games and i know i'd love to play them again on my DS without having to fumble with cartridges some games on the wii's VC are not demanding and can be played on the DS as well (plus portability)
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ASK_Story

Oh God

It comes down to this

Jaysonguy
You can say that with the Wii's VC as well. But the thought of being able to have all your favorites on one cart is a awesome thing to think about. Plus, there are so many games that we don't have that are either hard to find or expensive. Why go through all that trouble? Super Mario Advanced games for example are expensive still. But put it on the VC and you can download it for $5-8 a piece. What about Minish Cap or the past Zelda handheld games? I can't find them anywhere and I don't own them. The reality is, a lot of us don't own some of these and you can't play GB or GBC games on the DS. So to have it all on one convenient package to play off of one SD cart is a huge joy and a ultimate gift to fans. I'm not saying Nintendo should give up the casual-ware, which is seems you care about more, but I just want Nintendo to not to forget their core fans who were with Nintendo ever since the Gameboy or GBA days. It celebrates the past while thinking about the future. That's why the VC is so important for both fans and for Nintendo.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Oh God

It comes down to this

ASK_Story

You can say that with the Wii's VC as well. But the thought of being able to have all your favorites on one cart is a awesome thing to think about. Plus, there are so many games that we don't have that are either hard to find or expensive. Why go through all that trouble? Super Mario Advanced games for example are expensive still. But put it on the VC and you can download it for $5-8 a piece. What about Minish Cap or the past Zelda handheld games? I can't find them anywhere and I don't own them. The reality is, a lot of us don't own some of these and you can't play GB or GBC games on the DS. So to have it all on one convenient package to play off of one SD cart is a huge joy and a ultimate gift to fans. I'm not saying Nintendo should give up the casual-ware, which is seems you care about more, but I just want Nintendo to not to forget their core fans who were with Nintendo ever since the Gameboy or GBA days. It celebrates the past while thinking about the future. That's why the VC is so important for both fans and for Nintendo.

So you're not willing to buy those games because you have to work to find them?

Minish Cap?

HERE YOU GO

Looks like for waiting to get the game you're issued the "should have got it sooner" tax

If you're unwilling to pay it don't ask Nintendo to bail you out

So all this is that you refused to get certain games and now you want them but you're unwilling to pay for them?

That means when the Virtual Console DOES come out for a portable we'll just expect you to come on complaining that "so and so" game isn't out yet because you couldn't have been bothered to get the game when it was actually in stores?

So all this is is that you want Nintendo to bail you out

Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Redonkulous_D

[QUOTE="Redonkulous_D"]

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"] Um, no. Like I said, unless you're satisfied just with casual ware and mini-games, fine. That's your choice. But for me and other core Nintendo fans who love past Nintendo games, the VC is a must needed feature to convince us that the DSi is worth it. Taking away the ability to play GBA games on the DS was a big gamble. But if Nintendo made that sacrifice for the SD Slot but only use it for more casual ware, than I'm sorry to say that doesn't sell me. What if the Wii didn't have a VC? Same thing here. As a longtime Nintendo fan, GB, GBC, and GBA games not only represent games we loved when we were growing up as Nintendo fans, but it also represents Nintendo's legacy. If Nintendo takes that away not only are they betraying their core fans but they are betraying themselves.ASK_Story

His post and your reply here further confirms that we don't really need the DSi. Why pay more for a system where you can play all the games on the cheaper Lite that also has the ability to play GBA games? You guys are trying to find all these reasons why a DSi is a worthy upgrade, but what I'm saying is that, at the moment, it's not really needed. The DSi has potential, and for me, that potential is a VC. I love GBA games. Don't you want to play all the Super Mario Advanced games on the SD Cart? How about Zelda games like Link's Awakening, Minish Cap, or the Oracle of Ages series? What about Golden Sun? What about Metroid Fusion or Zero Mission? What about all those other great GB, GBC, and GBA games? See what I mean? That's potential and the VC is that potential. Nintendo made a huge gamble to take the GBA slot out so I'm hoping they take advantage of that SD Slot with a VC. But if they don't have any plans for a VC and only care about using that SD Slot for casual ware, than I'm sorry to say Nintendo abandoned their own core fans and their own legacy. See why the VC is so important? It's not just the ability to play games but it's also what it represents. It represents more than just the ability to download past games, it also represents Nintendo's past as well. I would hate to think Nintendo is also abandoning their own handheld core fans for casual fans. What a horrible, horrible thought!

You never know what Nntendo will do next. You're right when you say that the DSi shop has potential, but there can be more to it than VC. There's gonna be more DSi exclusive content in the near future that won't just be casual games.

lucifer3999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lucifer3999

Oh God

It comes down to this

Jaysonguy

Minish Cap?

HERE YOU GO

Looks like for waiting to get the game you're issued the "should have got it sooner" tax

So all this is that you refused to get certain games and now you want them but you're unwilling to pay for them?

That means when the Virtual Console DOES come out for a portable we'll just expect you to come on complaining that "so and so" game isn't out yet because you couldn't have been bothered to get the game when it was actually in stores?

... wow at the end of the day VC in DSi > no VC in DSi it can happen and it should
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ASK_Story

Oh God

It comes down to this

Jaysonguy

Minish Cap?

HERE YOU GO

I can't believe you actually went to go find it for me! I l already know where to look, man! I'm not asking for it, I'm making a point! And it's NOT just Minish Cap you know? It's hundreds, of not, thousands of past games that can be on the VC. You're finding all these reasons and justifying why your new DSi purchase is worth it. Fine, I don't care since that's your choice. But for me, it's not worth it right now. That's all I'm saying.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"] You can say that with the Wii's VC as well. But the thought of being able to have all your favorites on one cart is a awesome thing to think about. Plus, there are so many games that we don't have that are either hard to find or expensive. Why go through all that trouble? Super Mario Advanced games for example are expensive still. But put it on the VC and you can download it for $5-8 a piece. What about Minish Cap or the past Zelda handheld games? I can't find them anywhere and I don't own them. The reality is, a lot of us don't own some of these and you can't play GB or GBC games on the DS. So to have it all on one convenient package to play off of one SD cart is a huge joy and a ultimate gift to fans. I'm not saying Nintendo should give up the casual-ware, which is seems you care about more, but I just want Nintendo to not to forget their core fans who were with Nintendo ever since the Gameboy or GBA days. It celebrates the past while thinking about the future. That's why the VC is so important for both fans and for Nintendo. lucifer3999

Minish Cap?

HERE YOU GO

... wow at the end of the day VC in DSi > no VC in DSi it can happen and it should

I think JaySonGuy is missing all my points. I can't believe he went and actually found Minish Cap for me, LOL! Like I don't know where to look.

I think every true Nintendo fan would agree that a VC in the DSi would be a great thing and without it, it would be a huge missed opportunity for Nintendo.

But JaySonGuy has one thing right. Even without the VC the DSi would still be successful. But this also proves my point: Nintendo doesn't care about core fans or their past anymore. All they care about is the casual market.

Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Redonkulous_D

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"] You can say that with the Wii's VC as well. But the thought of being able to have all your favorites on one cart is a awesome thing to think about. Plus, there are so many games that we don't have that are either hard to find or expensive. Why go through all that trouble? Super Mario Advanced games for example are expensive still. But put it on the VC and you can download it for $5-8 a piece. What about Minish Cap or the past Zelda handheld games? I can't find them anywhere and I don't own them. The reality is, a lot of us don't own some of these and you can't play GB or GBC games on the DS. So to have it all on one convenient package to play off of one SD cart is a huge joy and a ultimate gift to fans. I'm not saying Nintendo should give up the casual-ware, which is seems you care about more, but I just want Nintendo to not to forget their core fans who were with Nintendo ever since the Gameboy or GBA days. It celebrates the past while thinking about the future. That's why the VC is so important for both fans and for Nintendo. ASK_Story

Minish Cap?

HERE YOU GO

I can't believe you actually went to go find it for me! I l already know where to look, man! I'm not asking for it, I'm making a point! And it's NOT just Minish Cap you know? It's hundreds, of not, thousands of past games that can be on the VC. You're finding all these reasons and justifying why your new DSi purchase is worth it. Fine, I don't care since that's your choice. But for me, it's not worth it right now. That's all I'm saying.

Technically, you were saying it wasn't worth it for anybody. Thanks for adding the "for me" part!

... Dang, I have to go find another argument to get in.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ASK_Story

Minish Cap?

HERE YOU GO

Redonkulous_D

Technically, you were saying it wasn't worth it for anybody. Thanks for adding the "for me" part!

... Dang, I have to go find another argument to get in.

Um...no. I think I made it clear in the first post and all my other posts that this is just how I feel about it. I acknowledged other's opinions and choices, but gave my points as well.
blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#35 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

Dude, take it easy! The DSi has been out for what? About four days in NA, not even a year in Japan. The DS and DSLite are still selling hot, and both can play GBA games. I think the next Nintendo handheld will have a VC, but really, I actually own a DSi and I don't feel like it's some casual game machine. Just because it doesn't have a virtual console doesn't mean Nintendo is abandoning it's legacy--you've heard of the Wii virtual console, right? People are way too hard on Nintendo, I swear.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 meiaman

For some reason this topic remember me of system wars.

(everyone screaming and nobody listen)

Go VC guy, gives jaysonguy a lesson of how harsh they treat the players.

Go jaysonguy, give a lesson of reality to VC guy.

Its so hard to pick up a side, XD

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jaysonguy

But JaySonGuy has one thing right. Even without the VC the DSi would still be successful. But this also proves my point: Nintendo doesn't care about core fans or their past anymore. All they care about is the casual market.

ASK_Story

Stop asking Nintendo to bail you out

There's no excuse for not having all of the games you're talking about

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ASK_Story

For some reason this topic remember me of system wars.

(everyone screaming and nobody listen)

Go VC guy, gives jaysonguy a lesson of how harsh they treat the players.

Go jaysonguy, give a lesson of reality to VC guy.

Its so hard to pick up a side, XD

meiaman

Hey, I'm not asking anyone to change their minds. It's their choice. I'm just expressing my concern and how I feel about it. And I think they miss my point as well, LOL! I did say the DSi has potential. And there is still hope that there could be a VC. But for now, in my own opinion, the DSi doesn't seem like a must-have upgrade. That's all I'm saying. I think I said nothing wrong. Did my original post rub the wrong way to a few DSi-owners? That means deep in their hearts, they do care about VC. If they don't care and are happy with the DSi, why argue then?

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

Jaysonguy

Um, what? When did I ask Nintendo to bail me out? What? Do you even understand what I wrote? LOL!
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

It's too soon

Jaysonguy

i couldn't agree with you more jaysonguy

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

ASK_Story

Um, what? When did I ask Nintendo to bail me out? What? Do you even understand what I wrote? LOL!

there is already an insane amount of quality software available for DS, therefore its available for the DSi too, and chances are something will be very good on DSi ware, who knows when it will get its world of goo type game, but the potential is there

so no the DSi, DS lite aren't doing any disservice to us core gamers by not having this. Nintendo can only do so much

while this would be something i'd buy, i'd much rather nintendo focus on things that take advantage of the DSi, DS lite than simply resell old games, no matter what they are

i'm looking for something new and exciting, something the DS brand already excels at

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts

I already have access to every game that could be released on a DSi VC.

There's no reason for this.

It wouldn't help the DSi sell anymore than it already is, and people already have access to all those games.

Save this for a later time, Nintendo.

I like how some people are trying to use this as an "oh noes Nintendo hates teh hardcore"

Really? So hardcore you can't go online and purchase the games yourself? You need Nintendo to put them RIGHT in front of your face for you to find them? A DSi VC would help casuals if anything. They're the ones that need this in order to find these games, because they don't already know these games exist.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

ASK_Story

You keep on bringing up old games

I mean is it 2001?

The Virtual Console is a great thing to revisit every once and a while but if the past was such a big deal then you should already own the games from the past. I mean you keep on talking about hardcore, well the hardcore HAS these games already and if they don't they literally think nothing about tracking them down.

So this all boils down to you want to keep playing games of the past and you're unwilling to do the work to make it happen

You want Nintendo to bail you out. I mean at least admit that part, this is all about you playing games that you should already own

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ASK_Story
It's funny. I posted this similar topic in three different sections and on another gaming forum and almost everyone agrees that the DSi wouldn't be worth it without a VC. And these are all DS Lite owners. Obviously this is a DS forum so that's probably why there's responses like this, which I expected.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ASK_Story

It wouldn't help the DSi sell anymore than it already is, and people already have access to all those games.

I like how some people are trying to use this as an "oh noes Nintendo hates teh hardcore"

Really? So hardcore you can't go online and purchase the games yourself? You need Nintendo to put them RIGHT in front of your face for you to find them? A DSi VC would help casuals if anything. They're the ones that need this in order to find these games, because they don't already know these games exist.

AlexSays
Well, that's you. But what about those who don't have access to all those games or to those who hate changing carts or wants to play all their favorites on one SD Cart?
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 darth-pyschosis

I think JaySonGuy is missing all my points. I can't believe he went and actually found Minish Cap for me, LOL! Like I don't know where to look.

I think every true Nintendo fan would agree that a VC in the DSi would be a great thing and without it, it would be a huge missed opportunity for Nintendo.

ASK_Story

I, and i think a lot of DS gamers would agree, would NEVER EVER want a VC on DSi if it hindered on the development of new games

if it can be done without hurting new content, then i'd like it but its not as much as a missed oppurtunity as you're making out to be (you mention PSP having PS1 (****ics, in NA there is like 10 PS1 games for download, it isn't exactly a stellar service and no it hasn't had since day one it came about around the PS3's launch)

If you didn't want these games when you owned these past consoles, why do you even want them now? And if you still have the games you would normally buy on a service like the VC, why would you even buy them again if you already have them?

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AlexSays
Well, that's you. But what about those who don't have access to all those games or to those who hate changing carts or wants to play all their favorites on one SD Cart?ASK_Story
Everyone has access to all those games. Especially the "hardcore" gamers you're talking about. If someone thinks changing carts is too much of a nuisance, I'd suggest another hobby. lol No point in Nintendo releasing a DSi VC, which could mostly be covered by owning a Game Boy Advance, if the only reasons are for convenience. This isn't a Wii VC situation where some of those games are twenty years old and near impossible to find. Let at least this generation pass, when some games are pushing on 15 years, and then tinker with the thought of a handheld virtual console. Shouldn't make a difference to "hardcore" gamers, and it would be in Nintendo's best interest.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="AlexSays"]

ASK_Story

Well, that's you. But what about those who don't have access to all those games or to those who hate changing carts or wants to play all their favorites on one SD Cart?

i know i hate having to walk to pick up my GBA games and put them in my GBA, and same for all old systems i own

look, if we've learned anything about Reggie, is that he's clueless about what Iwata and crew have planned, i mean he doesn't even know nintendo has the publishing rights to fatal frame

so why would you ever think this was conclusive and why would you not think nintendo can do this, they just want to wait for the right moment

you're basically upset that nintendo wants to force developers into making the DSi worth something to cores and casuals by forcing them to make new content and use the DSi's unique capabilities. you're upset that nintendo would rather have developers work harder, develop original things to the systems strengths because you'd rather play old games you should've already owned, and would play the exact same way

and ppl say nintendo rehashes a lot yet you're asking them to rehash stuff right now

just like the GBA slot going away, i played all the past games in the past, i loved them but today is not their time, if it doesn't hurt new game development than it'd be cool, but if it will than NO WAY

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AlexSays

so why would you ever think this was conclusivedarth-pyschosis

He jumps on every opportunity to try and say Nintendo is leaving the "hardcore"

Then when he's not making any progress here, because there's no real point in having a handheld virtual console yet, he hops on over to System Wars where he knows the kiddies in there will agree with him.

It's so funny in the DS forum. I posted this same topic and there are fanboys who are trying to find all the reason why the DSi is good as it is and doesn't need a VC.ASK_Story

He's not interested in having a well thought out, intelligent discussion. He just wants to rile people up to support his "Nintendo only cares about casuals" campaign.

I mean, those that don't think a DSi VC is necessary because they don't have a problem with "switching carts" are automatically DS fanboys?

Don't worry too much about what this guy thinks. ;)

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 meiaman

^Thats exactly why this remember me of system wars, too much arguements and very few agrements, lol.

But to actually say something about this "hardcore" and "casual" gamers stuff (that i simply dont care), i will say a thing a guy in system wars once said:

"Its like you have a private golf club with its own rules to keep your and some people game in the right pace. But then it suddenly becomes public, and the club manager uses the money that was previously directed to maintenance and quality and direct it to buying more space so everyone can fit in. Also the rules are downgraded to make it acessible and fun for everyone."