About Ganondorf...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bronzeheart92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 bronzeheart92
Member since 2017 • 129 Posts

So, you know Ganon/dorf from Legend of Zelda series, right? Now, I do have this theory that Ganon (the recurring dark monster) isn't really connected to Ganondorf per se. The theory goes that Ganon by itself can be interpreted as a Hyrulean world roughly meaning 'Adversary' (Satan parallers anyone?). It might tell you something about Ganondorf to style his name after said entity in the first place. At the end of OoT, him turning into Ganon in first place is more like allowing himself to be possessed by it, evidently as a last resort to make sure Link stays dead. He does it again by the time of Twilight Princess but here he evidently has enough will to eventually banish Ganon from his body in order to fight Link as himself and this would be Ganondorf's downfall. As for what happened to Ganon afterwards, I'm not really sure. But it's quite possible it eventually became the Calamity Ganon as seen in Breath of the Wild. Assuming that it's supposed to be set in the same timeline in first place.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i like that....pig gannon is the devil....and ganondorf is an evil man possessed by the devil.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I try not to read too much into it, since I think most of the connections are really loose anyway between games.

I always kind of viewed Ganon as his "true form", while Ganondorf is more of a supressed form, or a disguise.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

To elaborate on this theory, how would you tie in with Demise? (from Skyward Sword). Is Demise Ganon reborn, and the devil a separate entity that possesses Demise/Ganon? Or is the devil Demise himself? If this was the case, then does the devil/Demise be reborn in a similar pattern as Ganon?

I don't know much Zelda lore, but it's still fun to participate and hear out these theories anyway.