A gripe I already have with Mario Galaxy.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

There is something about this game that's really making want to kill something.....the sound effects and voice acting.

I felt like breaking a wall in anger after watching this video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27454.html (there might be an ad before it loads)

How many ****** times does Mario have to say "WAHOO!"? The whimsy whistles of his jumps and leaping off vines were bad enough with enough cutsey-ness and cheesy-ness to make me wrestle in bear with a blunt knife. But this is making my blood boil. I was literallyshouting atMario to "shut up!". Actually, that wasn't quite what I said but if I did type what I yelled, I'd be suspended/banned, but I wanted him to shut up.

I'm off to get therapy now. One thing's for sure is that the sound effects will be on mute/low on my copy.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
STAR GET!!!god this game is amazing...
The Wahoo and stuff doesn't bother me...
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

STAR GET!!!god this game is amazing...
The Wahoo and stuff doesn't bother me...Lto_thaG

Star Get is the Japanese version. The US version says" you got a star"

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]STAR GET!!!god this game is amazing...
The Wahoo and stuff doesn't bother me...Travo_basic

ow :(...I like STAR GET...doesn't matter,you got star is alright :)
MegaSonicZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 MegaSonicZX
Member since 2007 • 811 Posts
[QUOTE="Travo_basic"]

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]STAR GET!!!god this game is amazing...
The Wahoo and stuff doesn't bother me...Lto_thaG

ow :(...I like STAR GET...doesn't matter,you got star is alright :)

CUDCUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CUDCUD
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

There is something about this game that's really making want to kill something.....the sound effects and voice acting.

I felt like breaking a wall in anger after watching this video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27454.html (there might be an ad before it loads)

How many ****** times does Mario have to say "WAHOO!"? The whimsy whistles of his jumps and leaping off vines were bad enough with enough cutsey-ness and cheesy-ness to make me wrestle in bear with a blunt knife. But this is making my blood boil. I was literallyshouting atMario to "shut up!". Actually, that wasn't quite what I said but if I did type what I yelled, I'd be suspended/banned, but I wanted him to shut up.

I'm off to get therapy now. One thing's for sure is that the sound effects will be on mute/low on my copy.

Optusnet

Some of the sound effects weren't very good, but i didnt see anything wrong with the voice acting and i didnt think that he said "wahoo" too many times it was only when he jumped on a spring. If you think it is too cheesy maybe its not your kind of game.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
maybe you are stressed out.... get some rest, and turn the audio off.. put some Norah Jones in the CD player and have a cup of tea.
black_steel_4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 black_steel_4u
Member since 2006 • 904 Posts
i dont like it when. it tells u TOO BAD
LordelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 LordelX
Member since 2004 • 1376 Posts
Hmmm...sounds exactly the same as Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, New Super Mario Bros or any game that Mario has been in for the last 10 years. Find something else to complain about.
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 jNerd
Member since 2005 • 7598 Posts

Dude that's such a dumb gripe, Mario's been doin it for 30 years and he isn't going to stop anytime soon, so GET STAR or GET OUT!

Dissident420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dissident420
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Optusnet

Sounds like you shouldn't play it, your not a kid at heart. You should go kill something, or scare yourself into killing something.

This is one of the best games I have ever played period.

dirktu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#12 dirktu
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts

Optusnet

I guess you shouldn't go anywhere near kindergarten, 'cause if Mario's 'WAHOO' already makes you feel like killing......

Some people really try too hard to be 'grown up'.. sigh

Super_Ska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Super_Ska
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts

I don't really know why your freaking out over something this small. The sounds don't bother me at all.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
He basically did that in SMS and SM64, doesnt bother me..
MechaGoomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 MechaGoomba
Member since 2007 • 173 Posts
Its how mario showa hia feelinga.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Sounds just like a Mario game....:? I see no problem here.
blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blingchu55
Member since 2007 • 3098 Posts

i think the sound in this game is perfect, its not like the background music is the wahoo rap

and zoom in on that sign, L is real 2401 :O

yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
this still not going to stop me from picking it up! it's mario for godsake! haha
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

*leaves thread*

numbah2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 numbah2
Member since 2006 • 1475 Posts
Sounds like Mario is playing womens tennis in this vid :P
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts
dude.....thats how mario always sound!
Jayesler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Jayesler12
Member since 2006 • 1690 Posts

Optusnet
whoa! blunt knife, kill something, break a wall, typing swear words when watching video.......you are dark lol. but yeah i did notice he said WAHOO and WIPEE like a hundred times. but in some videos he didn't do it that much..:|
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
I don't see any problem... Sounds like the usual Mario, nothing that bothers us.
gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 gigabrowser12
Member since 2006 • 1647 Posts
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27349.html
_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 _Cab0ose87_
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts

Hmmm...sounds exactly the same as Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, New Super Mario Bros or any game that Mario has been in for the last 10 years. Find something else to complain about.LordelX

Uhh.. Buddy? that right there IS something to complain about.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

the sound effects arent bad and about the yahoos, i probably wouldve never noticed them if you hadnt mentioned them.

one_of_panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 one_of_panda
Member since 2006 • 487 Posts
Man you must be Dr. Seuss or something with the rhymes your busting out!!!

I don't really know why your freaking out over something this small. The sounds don't bother me at all.

Super_Ska
Beets85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Beets85
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Dude seriously, just shut up.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Optusnet

In Mario 64 and SMS he never wahood THAT many times. He didn't. And even when he did mae sounds that would vary from 'WahAA' to 'here we gaaaaa...." to "Whooooo"

Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Optusnet
Also, I will still get this game, and I still love Mario, and the game looks absolute bliss apart from my gripe.I just simply get irked when Mario thinks he's a cowboy every 3 seconds....
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Optusnet

Not to mention hesa gay midget in space... :P

blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blingchu55
Member since 2007 • 3098 Posts
Man you must be Dr. Seuss or something with the rhymes your busting out!!![QUOTE="Super_Ska"]

one_of_panda

epic win :D

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Also, I will still get this game, and I still love Mario, and the game looks absolute bliss apart from my gripe.I just simply get irked when Mario thinks he's a cowboy every 3 seconds....Optusnet

A gay cowboy.... LOL i have no clue why i keep making these UR. MR. GAY jokes up :D