JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

General/minor news and game discussion for Week 4 should be kept in this thread.

Start times, Networks and DirecTV

Sunday, October 4th
Bengals (2-1) at Browns (0-3)
Bills (1-2) at Dolphins (0-3)
Buccaneers (0-3) at Redskins (1-2)
Chargers (2-1) at Steelers (1-2)
Cowboys (2-1) at Broncos (3-0)
Giants (3-0) at Chiefs (0-3)
Jets (3-0) at Saints (3-0)
Lions (1-2) at Bears (2-1)
Raiders (1-2) at Texans (1-2)
Rams (0-3) at 49ers (2-1)
Ravens (3-0) at Patriots (2-1)
Seahawks (1-2) at Colts (3-0)
Titans (0-3) at Jaguars (1-2)

Monday, October 5th
Packers (2-1) at Vikings (3-0)

Byes: Cardinals (1-2), Eagles (2-1), Falcons (2-1), Panthers (0-3)

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ryder004
Member since 2007 • 4371 Posts
bucs have a slight chance to win this week
Avatar image for deactivated-5c47d700b56ab
deactivated-5c47d700b56ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 deactivated-5c47d700b56ab
Member since 2003 • 8038 Posts
will be attending the chefs game and not because of the chefs. and im going to the dallas game.
kalabo10688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 kalabo10688
Member since 2006 • 2605 Posts
will be attending the chefs game and not because of the chefs. and im going to the dallas game.Gunnerman007
lmoaz,I wonder if jets can contain saint Offense or if the boys can hand denver it first lost
garey017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

#5 garey017
Member since 2006 • 1725 Posts

will be attending the chefs game and not because of the chefs. and im going to the dallas game.Gunnerman007

You're going to be in Kansas City at 1pm, watch the game, then make it to Denver by 4:15? That's impressive. Or when you said chefs game, did you mean there was some kind of tailgating cook-off in Denver?

supermanj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 supermanj9
Member since 2009 • 1585 Posts
Saints are going to kill the jets
HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 HumanTorch101
Member since 2005 • 6006 Posts

Anyone remeber the Snickers commercial a while back where there was someone painting one of the Arrowhead endzones and spelled Chefs instead of Chiefs?  His reply was one of the greatest in all of history: "Great googly-moogly".  Nice that you can watch your team get a win.  Unlike me.

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
I'm really excited for this weekend's game, hopefully it will be on TV here. The best offense vs. the best defense, it's go time.
Avatar image for Mister__Awesome
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Mister__Awesome
Member since 2009 • 2439 Posts

Ravens @ Patriots i think will be a great game. If the Patriots offense still plays with their lovable FGs instead of TDs in the redzone but if their offense wakes up this can be the game of the week if you ask me. Very potent offense versus possibly the top defense.

Jets and Saints another great game to see.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c47d700b56ab
deactivated-5c47d700b56ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5c47d700b56ab
Member since 2003 • 8038 Posts

[QUOTE="Gunnerman007"]will be attending the chefs game and not because of the chefs. and im going to the dallas game.garey017

You're going to be in Kansas City at 1pm, watch the game, then make it to Denver by 4:15? That's impressive. Or when you said chefs game, did you mean there was some kind of tailgating cook-off in Denver?

sorry, i was referring to the chefs and cowboys game the NEXT week.

JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JackBurton

Colts' Freeney to miss two weeks with quadriceps injury

Eagles sign four-time Pro Bowl LB Trotter; Garcia cut

Steelers weigh benching WR Sweed after drops

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

Ravens @ Patriots i think will be a great game. If the Patriots offense still plays with their lovable FGs instead of TDs in the redzone but if their offense wakes up this can be the game of the week if you ask me. Very potent offense versus possibly the top defense.

Mister__Awesome

at least Ryan wont be there to call a timeout and ruin the game for the Ravens...

and in other news..The Steelers will destroy the Chargers as usual. 77-7. Ben throws for a record 800 yds, and 8 TDs.

themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 themyrmidon
Member since 2007 • 5567 Posts
[QUOTE="Mister__Awesome"]

CWEBB04z

at least Ryan wont be there to call a timeout and ruin the game for the Ravens...

and in other news..The Steelers will destroy the Chargers as usual. 77-7. Ben throws for a record 800 yds, and 8 TDs.

How the heck did espurs end up leaving and you're still here?
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mister__Awesome
[QUOTE="Mister__Awesome"]

CWEBB04z

Yea i remember that, shortly after the GW TD Bart Scott threw the flag and got an unsportmanlike conduct and they collapsed. 

If the Steelers do that to the Chargers expect a $100 Check, i'd love to see the Chargers get blown out like that. Hate em!

wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#15 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts
[QUOTE="CWEBB04z"][QUOTE="Mister__Awesome"]

themyrmidon

:lol: I agree I wish espurs was here more then you CWEBB04z, I think that the Steelers still suck, even with their two Super Bowl Rings this Decade.

But just to tell you I would rather a Cowboys fan that bad mouths my teams then a Steelers Fan that does the same.

But any way I think that Dallas was the better team last Monday night.

This week though I do see Tampa Bay Losing to Washington, and Baltimore winning Vs.New England.

mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 mvphalo8
Member since 2005 • 10748 Posts

Some great match-ups this weekend.

Saints vs Jets

Ravens vs Patriots

spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 spfx30
Member since 2005 • 9945 Posts
Thank God for bye weeks. :(
CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CWEBB04z
[QUOTE="themyrmidon"][QUOTE="CWEBB04z"][QUOTE="Mister__Awesome"]

wwe4ever_in05

:lol: I agree I wish espurs was here more then you CWEBB04z, I think that the Steelers still suck, even with their two Super Bowl Rings this Decade.

But just to tell you I would rather a Cowboys fan that bad mouths my teams then a Steelers Fan that does the same.

This week though I do see Tampa Bay Losing to Washington, and Baltimore winning Vs.New England.

at least the steelers won a superbowl, sadly I cant say the same for the panthers...where is deshaun foster these days?

Ben>Delhomme

themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 themyrmidon
[QUOTE="wwe4ever_in05"][QUOTE="themyrmidon"][QUOTE="CWEBB04z"][QUOTE="Mister__Awesome"]

CWEBB04z

at least the steelers won a superbowl, sadly I cant say the same for the panthers...where is deshaun foster these days?

Ben>Delhomme

wwe proves you don't have to be better to be a hater.

I prove that it helps to be better when you're a hater. ;) 

HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HumanTorch101

Thank God for bye weeks. :(spfx30

I wish the Chiefs were on a permanent bye week so that I didn't always feel like killing myself each and every week.

mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 mvphalo8
Member since 2005 • 10748 Posts

Ben>Delhomme

free agent, battling constant injuries.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
[QUOTE="wwe4ever_in05"][QUOTE="themyrmidon"][QUOTE="CWEBB04z"][QUOTE="Mister__Awesome"]

CWEBB04z

Ben>Delhomme

Giant's Steve Smith>Santonio Holmes

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CWEBB04z
[QUOTE="CWEBB04z"][QUOTE="wwe4ever_in05"][QUOTE="themyrmidon"][QUOTE="CWEBB04z"][QUOTE="Mister__Awesome"]

Ngamer05

Ben>Delhomme

Giant's Steve Smith>Santonio Holmes

Superbowl MVP > Smith

spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 spfx30
Member since 2005 • 9945 Posts

[QUOTE="spfx30"]Thank God for bye weeks. :(HumanTorch101

I wish the Chiefs were on a permanent bye week so that I didn't always feel like killing myself each and every week.

A happy outlook. :lol:

funkykong64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 funkykong64
Member since 2009 • 29 Posts
On Monday the Packers will destroy Brett Farve and the Vikings, Rodgers will have a great game. Also, Titans will get their first win.
kalabo10688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kalabo10688
Member since 2006 • 2605 Posts
On Monday the Packers will destroy Brett Farve and the Vikings, Rodgers will have a great game. Also, Titans will get their first win.funkykong64
titans will win but their no way in hel rodgers leav that game untouch...they'e given up 14?-16 sacks so far...even david carr is shocked
Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#28 Goliath_unit
Member since 2006 • 3930 Posts

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see the Jags beat the Titans. If you keep saying, "They need to win this game" (for the Titans), then they can't be a great team, right?

I am actually not surprised by this start. Haynesworth commanded double teams on every play. Teams said they really needed to adjust their gameplan in order to win against the Titans, and now that he's gone, the defence isn't as terrifying anymore, they can't get pressure up the middle, the rest of the D-Line hasn't stepped, and they haven't had the luxery of the one-on-one matchups they frequently got with Haynesworth still there. This has affected the offence as well, as now Collins now has to try to win games, which he isn't capable of doing anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they went 5-11, 6-10 this year. They might turn around, but it would be too late. I wouldn't even be surprised to see Vince Young return for a bit, but thats a bit much for now.

Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mister__Awesome

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see the Jags beat the Titans. If you keep saying, "They need to win this game" (for the Titans), then they can't be a great team, right?

I am actually not surprised by this start. Haynesworth commanded double teams on every play. Teams said they really needed to adjust their gameplan in order to win against the Titans, and now that he's gone, the defence isn't as terrifying anymore, they can't get pressure up the middle, the rest of the D-Line hasn't stepped, and they haven't had the luxery of the one-on-one matchups they frequently got with Haynesworth still there. This has affected the offence as well, as now Collins now has to try to win games, which he isn't capable of doing anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they went 5-11, 6-10 this year. They might turn around, but it would be too late. I wouldn't even be surprised to see Vince Young return for a bit, but thats a bit much for now.

Goliath_unit

I agree 100%. Me on the other hand i just thought last year was just a lucky year by them and they were truly a 8-8 to 10-6 team. To me they overachieved big time last year and without Hayneworth down the middle they won't be doing much as i predicted. Maybe it is time to hand the keys of the car to Vince Young.

But like you claim, the defense without Haynesworth just isn't the same.

garey017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 garey017
And while you're at it, have the Titans hand the keys to the AFC South back over to the Colts.
garey017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 garey017
GOOD LORD the Skins are epic fail this year. I can't believe I picked them for this game.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 geaux321
What happened to everyone saying the Colts weren't going to be good this year due to the personnel they lost?
garey017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 garey017
The Titan's season is over already.
Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Goliath_unit

And I was right about the Titans.

Am I the only one who hates it when people (lets use the Steelers and Titans this year as examples) say that they'll win this game or that because they have to? Seriously, when you are already in a must-win situation this early in the season, you suck, enough said. Titans are done, Steelers are in a massive hole if the Chargers beat them tonight. Right now, if someone were to have told me that the Titans were going to start 0-4, my answer would've been light "Hmm, sounds reasonable." But the Steelers 1-3? Thats shocking me, but now, I'm starting to get less surprised or disappointed with teams now than before, because I've grown to see that the NFL is like that. Right now, the only teams I think will repeat a playoff spot are the Colts, Chargers, Ravens, Giants and Vikings, though for the Vikings I wouldn't be surprised to see another Favre meltdown.

garey017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 garey017

You're right Goliath, and that's what I love about football, "any given sunday". A team that most people would expect to be crappy can pull it together and end up succesful, and vice versa.

Speaking of crappy teams, looks like I'm lossing my upset special again this week. Friggin Raiders. I have every other game right today so far.

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ryder004

how did we end up with trash Mike Nuggent......he missed 2 easy FG's this game and we end up loosing by 3. he is like 1/6 for the season.

hopefully theres a good kicker in the 7th next season

themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 themyrmidon

Am I the only one who hates it when people (lets use the Steelers and Titans this year as examples) say that they'll win this game or that because they have to?

Goliath_unit
Don't forget the Panthers.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
Jaguars.......:cry: *tears of joy* No emo cutting tonight folks
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
Didn't watch Raiders/Texans, as I was out filming a soccer game. Looking at the stats, Nnamdi Asomugha pretty much had Andre's number again. Only 2 catches.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 geaux321
Darren Sharper is $$$, 99 yd INT return for TD.
Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ryder004

Darren Sharper is $$$, 99 yd INT return for TD.geaux321

Derren Sharp=Superbowl 44 MVP

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 geaux321
Another defensive TD, Sanchez was stripped in the endzone this time.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 geaux321
4-0, Shaper had another pick. The offense struggled a bit, Revis might overtake Nnamdi as the best CB in the league. It's nice to be undefeated heading into the bye week and that Giants game should be a dandy in the following week.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wallymartin
Son of a *****. Newman almost had that ball, too.

But I'd rather Marshall run in for the TD now than let the Broncos waste another minute and half and come away with points anyway.
Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ryder004
wow...........broncos are for real
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wallymartin

Bobbles is from here on out banned from all Cowboys games.

HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HumanTorch101

Son of a *****. Newman almost had that ball, too.

But I'd rather Marshall run in for the TD now than let the Broncos waste another minute and half and come away with points anyway.wallymartin

Dallas = garb.  Now they face my Chiefs.  They should be scared.  Seriously.  Don't laugh at me.  DON'T F****** LAUGH AT ME!!!!!!!

JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JackBurton

Bobbles is from here on out banned from all Cowboys games.wallymartin

PM exchange from this morning:

[Quote="Bobbles"] Did you seriously take Denver? You dirty little b****. I'll be at the game and to watch Dallas win (assuming they run the ball 60% of the time). I hate you. JackBurton

Meh. Choice is the lone remaining healthy RB; Marshall>Williams; McDaniels>Garrett; Orton is less of a douche than Romo - what else do you want me to say?

Enjoy the game!

themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 themyrmidon

Bobbles is from here on out banned from all Cowboys games.

wallymartin
I second the motion!
Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Goliath_unit

I'm really lost right now with the Broncos. I knew that this was going to be an important game for them because everyone thinks that they're a fluke, and that this was potentially their most important game of the season for a while, but I'm still shocked that they won. Wow...

**** YOU, YOU STUPID ****ing **** ASS BRONCOS!!!! GO **** YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!