kalabo10688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 kalabo10688
Member since 2006 • 2605 Posts
they make playoff,even though chi upgraded,I still think the vikes hold edge team talent wise.
themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 themyrmidon
Member since 2007 • 5567 Posts
8-8, miss the playoffs and either tie for second or third in the North. Their offense will improve, but the defense will not be near as good. Green Bay and Chicago are both better.
Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#4 Goliath_unit
Member since 2006 • 3930 Posts
One QB can't make great reads and the other chokes games that others couldn't choke if they tried. If they had at least an average starting QB, then they're a Super Bowl team. But their QB situation is that bad, 10-6, 11-5 is possible, but they have horrible QBs and Chicago and Green Bay are both superior to them. They can protect the QB, they can get at the other QB, they just don't have a good one of their own.
wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#5 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts
Well I do see them playing good, but I do see Peterson being the reasopn, but that is really it. :|
mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 mvphalo8
Member since 2005 • 10748 Posts

7-9 and they miss the playoffs.

Green Bay and Chicago will def. be better than the Vikes.

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ryder004
Member since 2007 • 4371 Posts

10-6-0

they still got a great run D and a killer run game

all depends on QB play

chAzN93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 chAzN93
Member since 2004 • 34854 Posts

if AP plays well they will be in the run to win the division...AP will run well..

however i think the bears are the stronger team...

Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Goliath_unit
If they can solve the QB situation, they'll definetly challenge for the division. Rosenfelts is an improvement, as he can make reads, unlike Jackson, and he is definetly better suited than Frerotte. If he doesn't turn the ball over, and doesn't choke games, the Vikings will contend for the Super Bowl.
DLateral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DLateral
Member since 2008 • 1240 Posts
Peterson and the Vikes great front 7 carry them to the playoffs were without a QB they won't go far:(
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
10-6 for the Vikings. Great defense, suspect offense. With Favre I see them winning 11 or maybe 12, then losing in divisional.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
They'll reach the playoffs now.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
I see them getting 11 wins, especially with the teams in the North all getting better.
chAzN93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chAzN93
they are now a playoff team...but AP still needs a big year
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

they are now a playoff team...but AP still needs a big yearchAzN93

Jaws on ESPN just said that with the acquisition of Favre, they are now the team to beat in the NFC. :lol:

chAzN93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chAzN93

[QUOTE="chAzN93"]they are now a playoff team...but AP still needs a big yearNgamer05

Jaws on ESPN just said that with the acquisition of Favre, they are now the team to beat in the NFC. :lol:

haha i wouldnt go that far
HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 HumanTorch101
Member since 2005 • 6006 Posts

[QUOTE="chAzN93"]they are now a playoff team...but AP still needs a big yearNgamer05

ROFL.  Jaws is just glad that he can suck Brett's you know what for another year.

themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 themyrmidon
[QUOTE="Ngamer05"]

[QUOTE="chAzN93"]they are now a playoff team...but AP still needs a big yearHumanTorch101

ROFL. Jaws is just glad that he can suck Brett's you know what for another year.

You mad me ROFLMAO.
Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Goliath_unit

eff Favre. seriously, my opinion of him has dropped so much since he "retired" from the Packers two years ago, and decided to come back. if he had just retired then, i'd remember that last season when he made the Packers one of the NFLs best teams. now, i'll think of these annual retirements, then coming back a few months later, his self destruction with the Jets, and this.

the Vikings are a playoff team if Favre plays well. if he did what he did last year late in the season, then they'll finish out.

kalabo10688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 kalabo10688
Member since 2006 • 2605 Posts
guess this mean no espn or nfl network till week 8
mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 mvphalo8
Member since 2005 • 10748 Posts

Okay now that favre is there I'll change it from 7-9 to

9-7, still miss the playoffs.

themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 themyrmidon
Change my 8-8 to 7-9
wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#23 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts

Change my 8-8 to 7-9themyrmidon

:lol:

But I think they will do better with Favre, but not much better of course they will beat Detroit both times and then the Spilt the Packers and Bears Series.

But other then that I know they will win their first Regular season game, with the Browns, and then San Francisco is another easy win., then they will lose Vs. the Packers At Home, then they win the next two Vs. St.Louis, and Baltimore, then lose to Pittsburgh, and then Beat the Packers in Green Bay, then Bye, then Win one at Home Vs. Detroit, Lose to Seattle At Home, then Win Vs. Chicago at Home, then go on the road to Arizona and lose, Win at Home to Cincy, and then lose the last three at Carolina, and Chicago and the Lose at home to NYG, at Home for a 9-7 Record.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#24 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts

FAVRE FOR 9,000 OOOOH I'M A COMEDIAN!

lawls.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bgres077

FAVRE FOR 9,000 OOOOH I'M A COMEDIAN!

lawls.

bgres077

+1 like everyone else in this union.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bgres077

Vikings' Favre expected to see more playing time vs. Texans

Associated Press

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Brett Favre's crash course in all things Viking ramps up this week, with coach Brad Childress saying Monday he expects the 39-year-old quarterback to play the entire first half of Minnesota's next exhibition game at Houston.

Favre signed last Tuesday, arriving with such fanfare that there was little time to fully prepare for his first appearance in purple, which came Friday night against Kansas City.

He played two series against the Chiefs, going 1 for 4 for 4 yards and no first downs.

The Vikings' third preseason game is next Monday night, and typically is when coaches play their starters the most. Childress said it will be important for Favre to get plenty of snaps to try to build chemistry with his offensive teammates before the regular season opens at Cleveland on Sept. 13.

Even though Favre missed more than two weeks of training camp, Childress said there was still plenty of time for him to catch up with the offense and learn his teammates' tendencies.

"He's doing everything he needs to do to get up to speed," Childress said. "(I'm) confident we've got the type (of team) and distance to be able to do that."

After the game Friday night, Favre said he "didn't miss a beat" calling the plays. He ran a nearly identical offense in Green Bay for 16 seasons and has said he knows the system so well that he could teach it.

He arrived in the Twin Cities to a circus-like atmosphere. A helicopter followed him from the airport to the team's headquarters, where more than 100 fans and 50 members of the media were staking out the entrance.

Now that his first game with the Vikings is out of the way, the former Packers icon said he expects things to mellow out as the preseason progresses.

"Each day it has gotten a little bit smoother after all of the newness has worn off," Favre said after the 17-13 win over the Chiefs. "It's really (become) just about football."

Childress was not ready to say what his plans were for Favre in the preseason finale against Dallas on Sept. 4. In his first year on the job in 2006, Childress played his starters through the first half in the final preseason game.

The last two seasons, however, he has given most of his first-teamers that game off to avoid risking injury so close to the start of the regular season.

"Brett's old enough to remember, because we had this discussion just a couple days ago, of when guys played into the half in Game 4," Childress said. "Why it's changed, I'm not quite sure. But it has changed, not necessarily just because of roster numbers, but all of a sudden it became en vogue that some people didn't play past Game 3."

Between now and then, Childress said he will monitor the number of throws Favre makes during practice as he works his way into shape. On the day that he signed, Favre said he still has a partially torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder, so the Vikings want to make sure he keeps his arm fresh for the 16-game grind.

"I think you just have to be careful, particularly when you're just starting, that there's not too many throws. ... When guys come back it's not like they break 'em off," Childress said. "So it's more managing. I'm not going to put a number on that for you, but we have a pretty good idea."

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 themyrmidon
Report: Some Vikings want Tarvaris over Brett, 07:52 AM ET   08.25

We reported in early July that members of the Vikings hoped that the team would abandon the pursuit of quarterback Brett Favre and give the ball to Tarvaris Jackson. ESPN's Adam Schefter said during halftime of the Jets-Ravens game that this sentiment still exists in some corners of the Minnesota locker room. It's likely gotten stronger in light of the fact that Jackson pitched a perfect game on Friday night, generating a highest-possible 158.3 passer rating on 15 attempts. And if the Vikings struggle out of the gates, the internal calls for Jackson will only intensify.

profootballtalk

themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 themyrmidon

Wow

Someone wnats to keep their job. 

DLateral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DLateral
Member since 2008 • 1240 Posts

Report: Some Vikings want Tarvaris over Brett, 07:52 AM ET   08.25

We reported in early July that members of the Vikings hoped that the team would abandon the pursuit of quarterback Brett Favre and give the ball to Tarvaris Jackson. ESPN's Adam Schefter said during halftime of the Jets-Ravens game that this sentiment still exists in some corners of the Minnesota locker room. It's likely gotten stronger in light of the fact that Jackson pitched a perfect game on Friday night, generating a highest-possible 158.3 passer rating on 15 attempts. And if the Vikings struggle out of the gates, the internal calls for Jackson will only intensify.

profootballtalk

themyrmidon

F*ck Tavaris the only reason he has any success is that the Vikings set the pass up with the run, any quarterback in the national football league could do what he does and much better.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bgres077

Courtesy of ksk.com

Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Goliath_unit
I don't think Favre will help them. He doesn't have chemistry with his recievers, he's too old (turning 40 in October), he throws too many costly turnovers, he has no chemistry in the locker room (a Jets player said he was very distant) so that makes his teammates doubt him in big situations, he doesn't want to play ball control, he's a distraction, he'll wear down during the season like he did last year (maybe he'll wear down quicker this year) and he's selfish. He wants it to be about him. He'll throw in double coverage, and is extremely aggressive, and even having arguable the best runningback he's ever had to play with, he still won't change. I think that they'll do worse with Favre around. They'll go from my previous 8-8 to 10-6 to a 6-10 to 7-9 record. Huge mistake.
Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#32 Blazer88
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts

I don't think Favre will help them. He doesn't have chemistry with his recievers, he's too old (turning 40 in October), he throws too many costly turnovers, he has no chemistry in the locker room (a Jets player said he was very distant) so that makes his teammates doubt him in big situations, he doesn't want to play ball control, he's a distraction, he'll wear down during the season like he did last year (maybe he'll wear down quicker this year) and he's selfish. He wants it to be about him. He'll throw in double coverage, and is extremely aggressive, and even having arguable the best runningback he's ever had to play with, he still won't change. I think that they'll do worse with Favre around. They'll go from my previous 8-8 to 10-6 to a 6-10 to 7-9 record. Huge mistake.Goliath_unit

With the exception of the QB spot and the coach the Vikes are solid team. Favre is not a great QB and is has always been overrated but he is better than the guys he stole the job from. As long as he does what he is told he and that tam should do well.

Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Goliath_unit

[QUOTE="Goliath_unit"]I don't think Favre will help them. He doesn't have chemistry with his recievers, he's too old (turning 40 in October), he throws too many costly turnovers, he has no chemistry in the locker room (a Jets player said he was very distant) so that makes his teammates doubt him in big situations, he doesn't want to play ball control, he's a distraction, he'll wear down during the season like he did last year (maybe he'll wear down quicker this year) and he's selfish. He wants it to be about him. He'll throw in double coverage, and is extremely aggressive, and even having arguable the best runningback he's ever had to play with, he still won't change. I think that they'll do worse with Favre around. They'll go from my previous 8-8 to 10-6 to a 6-10 to 7-9 record. Huge mistake.Blazer88

With the exception of the QB spot and the coach the Vikes are solid team. Favre is not a great QB and is has always been overrated but he is better than the guys he stole the job from. As long as he does what he is told he and that tam should do well.

The thing is though, I don't think that Favre will do as he's told. He'll throw into double coverage, and he's selfish, all about him. We've seen him in the past. He is no doubt better that Rosenfelts and Jackson, but he doesn't suit what the Vikings should have him do. In fact, he's the exact opposite. He'll throw very risky pases when he should simply just be smart and keep the ball in their hands. All that they need is a managing QB who plays smart and avoids turnovers, much like Collins did in Tennessee did last year. Favre is not that.

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#34 Blazer88
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts
[QUOTE="Blazer88"]

[QUOTE="Goliath_unit"]I don't think Favre will help them. He doesn't have chemistry with his recievers, he's too old (turning 40 in October), he throws too many costly turnovers, he has no chemistry in the locker room (a Jets player said he was very distant) so that makes his teammates doubt him in big situations, he doesn't want to play ball control, he's a distraction, he'll wear down during the season like he did last year (maybe he'll wear down quicker this year) and he's selfish. He wants it to be about him. He'll throw in double coverage, and is extremely aggressive, and even having arguable the best runningback he's ever had to play with, he still won't change. I think that they'll do worse with Favre around. They'll go from my previous 8-8 to 10-6 to a 6-10 to 7-9 record. Huge mistake.Goliath_unit

The thing is though, I don't think that Favre will do as he's told. He'll throw into double coverage, and he's selfish, all about him. We've seen him in the past. He is no doubt better that Rosenfelts and Jackson, but he doesn't suit what the Vikings should have him do. In fact, he's the exact opposite. He'll throw very risky pases when he should simply just be smart and keep the ball in their hands. All that they need is a managing QB who plays smart and avoids turnovers, much like Collins did in Tennessee did last year. Favre is not that.

And I don't disagree with that. So really it could go either way. The thing is I feel that the Vikes are a for better team right now than the Jets were last season and the Packers were in the last year or even in the last few years he was with them. So it is possible they could cover for his generally bad QB'ing.

Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#35 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
The Vikes may have Favre, but they still need to battle against some strong offenses. I picture them clamping down better than ever, but they will still walk away with a 10-6 record. This time, no freebies or undeserving nonsense...