Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
Cowboys finally get a kicker.....they lost 3 games because the kicker missed cheap shot fieldgoals....games like at seattle and denver on thanksgiving. keep in mind cowboys win those games their 12-4. Vanderjagt is the most accurate kicker ever in the nfl, even though most ppl remember that shank against pittsburgh.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts

Yay!  That'll add a few more wins.

naz18h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 naz18h
Member since 2004 • 17231 Posts
I was hoping he would of gone to the Patriots.
trooper028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 trooper028
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts

i was hoping he would go to the pats to but i knew it wouldnt but hes still not going to help much to the cowboys seeing as hes not that good during pressure.....playoffs

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts

i was hoping he would go to the pats to but i knew it wouldnt but hes still not going to help much to the cowboys seeing as hes not that good during pressure.....playoffs

trooper028

He's still a vast improvement over Cundiff, Cortez, and Suisham, and that's all the Boys want- consistency.  Vanderjagt has it.  Last year Dallas won or lost almost every game by small margins.  Clutch or not, by improving the kicking game that much, you give your team a much better chance of winning.

Megametalrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Megametalrush
Member since 2005 • 454 Posts

I was hoping he would of gone to the Patriots.naz18h

I was hoping for the same thing, but I knew they wouldn't sign him. A $2.5 mil signing bonus and a contract that can be worth more than $ 6 mil, forget about it.

It's too bad there's no loyalty to teams these days, it's all about the moola. Vinatieri had a very good offer in N.E., but a $3.5 mil signing bonus for a kicker. I don't blame the Pats for not matching the offer or anything. The Colts are desperate, plain and simple.

sadgese17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sadgese17
Member since 2005 • 86 Posts

[QUOTE="naz18h"]I was hoping he would of gone to the Patriots.Megametalrush

I was hoping for the same thing, but I knew they wouldn't sign him. A $2.5 mil signing bonus and a contract that can be worth more than $ 6 mil, forget about it.

It's too bad there's no loyalty to teams these days, it's all about the moola. Vinatieri had a very good offer in N.E., but a $3.5 mil signing bonus for a kicker. I don't blame the Pats for not matching the offer or anything. The Colts are desperate, plain and simple.

You think the Colts are desperate, wait for a couple more days and you'll he ho desperate the Pats will be. They have released a ton of their key players, I think this is going to be a tough year for the Pats.
Megametalrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Megametalrush
Member since 2005 • 454 Posts

You think the Colts are desperate, wait for a couple more days and you'll he ho desperate the Pats will be. They have released a ton of their key players, I think this is going to be a tough year for the Pats.
sadgese17

Yeah, the Colts are desperate to win a big game, unlike the Pats. And as long as the Pats have Belichick and Brady at the helm there's not too much to be worried about in N.E.

VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VanHalun040604
Member since 2004 • 6399 Posts
Nobody should want that white trash POS...
Skaterfool99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Skaterfool99
Member since 2004 • 12731 Posts

o great 2 players i dont like go to dallas

axel360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#11 axel360
Member since 2006 • 7592 Posts

Nobody should want that white trash POS...VanHalun040604

Looks like the Cowboys are looking for an attitude change with all these signings: first owens, now vanderjerk. As long as he changes his attitude, people will know him only for his accurate kicking ability which kickers should only be known for.

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#12 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

GREAT MOVE HOMIE! this is the year. I got SB all in my mind

Cowboys finally get a kicker.....they lost 3 games because the kicker missed cheap shot fieldgoals....games like at seattle and denver on thanksgiving. keep in mind cowboys win those games their 12-4. Vanderjagt is the most accurate kicker ever in the nfl, even though most ppl remember that shank against pittsburgh.Espurs117

phoenix14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 phoenix14
Member since 2005 • 7406 Posts
that's good for dallas and the colts arent even hurt because they got another good kicker...looks like both teams will b happy in the up common season
timbfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 timbfox
Member since 2006 • 2712 Posts

Good riddins!!! I am so happy the Colts got rid of Vander-jerk.  Good luck with that Cowboys.  Cowboys were in definite need for a kicker.  He should be a good fit there.  It's a good thing he stayed in a dome.  He is the most accurate for a couple  of reasons......that being in a dome and only having to kick 30 yard feild goals.  Those should be equivalent to free throws.

On another note, Cowboys seem to be filling in the missing pieces pretty well this off-season.  I am excited to see Colts vs. Cowboys this year.

Toucanbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Toucanbird
Member since 2004 • 6440 Posts

The Cowboys were in desperate need of a kicker and I tell you what, you need a great kicker nowadays if you're going to win close games. Just like how you need great QBs.

steeldawg816

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 steeldawg816
Member since 2003 • 160 Posts
Vanderjagt signing is def an upgrade but let's see if he can keep his mouth shut in big D. That's one of the reasons he wasn't re-signed in Indy. You can't go around and talk trash about your qb and head coach and still expect to be re-signed. Let's see how he handles his new team, plus I think he's gonna be under more pressure in Dallas due to the fact that this offense isn't as good as Indy's and he will have to come through more in the clutch. I guess we'll wait and see.
axel360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#18 axel360
Member since 2006 • 7592 Posts
I wonder how long Bill Parcells will like Vanderjagt. I guess until he misses a clutch kick.
timbfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 timbfox
Member since 2006 • 2712 Posts

Vanderjagt signing is def an upgrade but let's see if he can keep his mouth shut in big D. That's one of the reasons he wasn't re-signed in Indy. You can't go around and talk trash about your qb and head coach and still expect to be re-signed. Let's see how he handles his new team, plus I think he's gonna be under more pressure in Dallas due to the fact that this offense isn't as good as Indy's and he will have to come through more in the clutch. I guess we'll wait and see. steeldawg816

We will see how their offense handles 2 mouths now.  TO and Vander-jerk should get along quite well.  Time will tell.

Greatwasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#20 Greatwasabi
Member since 2005 • 1818 Posts
Dallas looks like a major Super Bowl contender now.. Drew Bledsoe, T.O, Julius Junes, and Mike Vanderjagt.. thats a pretty good roster if you ask me. Denver really needs to replace Jason Elam, hes getting pretty old..