2010 NFL Draft (Predict The Pick Group information)

• 143 results
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts

Since the regular season is over I'll start up the draft thread.

There is a new format for the draft this year, it will now take place over 3 days.

Round 1: Thursday, April 22, 7:30 PM (EST)
Round 2-3: Friday, April 23, 6:30 PM
Round 4-7: Saturday, April 24, 10:00 AM

Time limit:

Round 1: 10 minutes
Round 2: 7 minutes
Rounds 3-7: 5 minutes

Changes for 2010 Draft: Teams that make the playoffs pick after all of the teams that did not.  Teams that advance further in the playoffs pick later.  It used to just be the Super Bowl winner and loser, but now encompasses all of the playoff teams.

First Round

1. Rams (1-15)
2. Lions (2-14)
3. Buccaneers (3-13)
4. Redskins (4-12)
5. Chiefs (4-12)
6. Seahawks (5-11)
7. Browns (5-11)
8. Raiders (5-11)
9. Bills (6-10)
10. Jaguars (7-9)
11. Broncos, from Bears (7-9)
12. Dolphins (7-9)
13. 49ers (8-8 )
14. Seahawks, from Broncos (8-8 )
15. Giants (8-8 )
16. Titans (8-8 )
17. 49ers, from Panthers (8-8 )
18. Steelers (9-7)
19. Falcons (9-7)
20. Texans (9-7)
21. Bengals (10-6)
22. Patriots (10-6)
23. Packers (11-5)
24. Eagles (11-5)
25. Ravens (9-7)
26. Cardinals (10-6)
27. Cowboys (11-5)
28. Chargers (11-5)
29. Jets (9-7)
30. Vikings (12-4)
31. Colts (14-2)
32. Saints (13-3)

Coin tosses will be used to decide between picks 10-11, 16-17 and 19-20 because the teams had the same strength of schedule and no division or conference tie-breakers to apply.

Picks 21 to 24 will be the wild-card losers. Picks 25 to 28 will be the divisional-round losers. Picks 29-30 will be the conference championship losers. Pick 31 will be the Super Bowl loser. Pick 32 will be the Super Bowl winner.

Important Dates:

January 15 - Last day for undercIassmen to declare
January 16-23 - East-West Shrine Week (Game on Jan. 23 @ 3 PM (EST) on ESPN2)
January 25-30 - Senior Bowl Week (Game on Jan. 30 @ 4 PM (EST) on NFL Network)
February 24 - March 2 - NFL Scouting Combine
Combine Invitee List

March 3 - April 1 - Pro Days

Links:

The Huddle Report (A list of the top mock drafts)

ESPN Draft Home

UndercIassmen List (You can find it there, can't direct link thanks to GS)

Predict The Pick:

Homepage on NFL.com.  League Name: NFL Union, Password: gamespot

Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#2 Goliath_unit
Member since 2006 • 3930 Posts

I think Jimmy Clausen will be the first player drafted. Suh will be the second pick.

Tim Tebow will probably be going to the Jaguars. They need to sell tickets and Tebow will help them greatly. I don't see him having much success though.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

I think Jimmy Clausen will be the first player drafted. Suh will be the second pick.

Tim Tebow will probably be going to the Jaguars. They need to sell tickets and Tebow will help them greatly. I don't see him having much success though.

Goliath_unit
Please don't ever say that again. Everytime someone says this, I want to punch helpless rabbits.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

You know it's getting old when the Panthers are going into the draft AGAIN with NO first round selections. If Hurney trades ANOTHER future 1st rounder, I might just pull a Shiro. :evil:

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ryder004
Member since 2007 • 4371 Posts
[QUOTE="Goliath_unit"]

CommanderShiro

Please don't ever say that again. Everytime someone says this, I want to punch helpless rabbits.

if thats you when u just hear the phrase i can just imagine on draft day when it actually happens.

as for me..............ED REED ALL THE WAY!!!!!....oops i ment Eric Berry, sorry bout that

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ryder004

You know it's getting old when the Panthers are going into the draft AGAIN with NO first round selections. If Hurney trades ANOTHER future 1st rounder, I might just pull a Shiro. :evil:

Ngamer05

ya dude you guys need a lot this year, i mean both your DT's are over 30 and Peppers is out. And you still dont know whats up with the QB situation.

you better tell your boys in carolina that they need to stop trading future 1st rounders away

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
[QUOTE="Goliath_unit"]

CommanderShiro

What if they drafted him in the 6th?

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
[QUOTE="CommanderShiro"][QUOTE="Goliath_unit"]

wallymartin

I don't think he'll make it that far. Probably be gone within the first 3 rounds.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wallymartin
[QUOTE="wallymartin"][QUOTE="CommanderShiro"][QUOTE="Goliath_unit"]

Bobbles

I don't think he'll make it that far. Probably be gone within the first 3 rounds.

Well, I didn't literally mean the 6th. Anything after the 2nd round, I don't think Shiro could be upset with the Jags taking that chance.

haloraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 haloraider
Member since 2006 • 3110 Posts
We definitely need to use this pick on a stud OT, or maybe a DT. No two ways about it, the line just blows.
themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 themyrmidon
Member since 2007 • 5567 Posts

Dallas needs to get O-line in the first and maybe second too.  After that its drafting for depth.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bobbles

Dallas needs to get O-line in the first and maybe second too.  After that its drafting for depth.

themyrmidon
Hmm, I agree. I will say though, I like how Doug Free is playing right now and he's young. I think they could bolster up those DBs, mainly at the safety position.
favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 favre4thewin
Member since 2008 • 693 Posts

We definitely need to use this pick on a stud OT, or maybe a DT. No two ways about it, the line just blows.haloraider

Come on now.  Do you honestly believe that Al would do that?  The only way Oakland takes a lineman is if they have an ungodly 40 time.  Whoever runs the fastest 40 yard dash at the combine should just start looking for houses in the bay area. 

JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#14 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

Dallas needs to get O-line in the first and maybe second too. After that its drafting for depth.

i hate this phrase. draft potential starters, not for depth. Jerry 'drafted for depth' during the Switzer era, how'd that work out for him? No starters or even long-term backups. The worst drafts in team history

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bobbles

[QUOTE=""] Dallas needs to get O-line in the first and maybe second too. After that its drafting for depth.JackBurton

i hate this phrase. draft potential starters, not for depth. Jerry 'drafted for depth' during the Switzer era, how'd that work out for him? No starters or even long-term backups. The worst drafts in team history

Yeah, those drafts were complete trash. 2008's draft he didn't do this though when the team went 13-3 the year before. Felix Jones, Mike Jenkins, Orlando Scandrick, and Tashard Choice have all been solid. I'm really liking how Jenkins is playing.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ngamer05
[QUOTE="Ngamer05"]

Ryder004

ya dude you guys need a lot this year, i mean both your DT's are over 30 and Peppers is out. And you still dont know whats up with the QB situation.

you better tell your boys in carolina that they need to stop trading future 1st rounders away

I wouldn't say we need "a lot" because most of the team's woes can be answered with how management is going to handle Pepper's situation during the offseason (again). They need to either try to trade him for picks/impact offensive player or offer him a long-term deal once again. If neither work then so be it and then Hurney can move on to even more important things.

haloraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 haloraider
Member since 2006 • 3110 Posts

[QUOTE="haloraider"]We definitely need to use this pick on a stud OT, or maybe a DT. No two ways about it, the line just blows.favre4thewin

Come on now.  Do you honestly believe that Al would do that?  The only way Oakland takes a lineman is if they have an ungodly 40 time.  Whoever runs the fastest 40 yard dash at the combine should just start looking for houses in the bay area. 

lol sadly true. I still can't believe he took DHB. I just hope somehow he realizes that speed does not necessarily equal talent.

themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 themyrmidon
[QUOTE="themyrmidon"]

Bobbles

Hmm, I agree. I will say though, I like how Doug Free is playing right now and he's young. I think they could bolster up those DBs, mainly at the safety position.

I like Free over Columbo as well.  Davis and Flo won't be around forever, preferably Flo won't be back next year if they can find a young replacement.

And when I say draft for depth I mean you take the best player available in the higher rounds and the most boom potential in later rounds.  I know what the phrase implies, but only an idiot would actually draft backups just to have backups. 

Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Goliath_unit
[QUOTE="Goliath_unit"]

CommanderShiro

Tim Tebow will be going to the Jaguars. He will bust horribly. Everyone who thought that Tebow >>> Clausen will feel like a gigantic idiot in thinking Tebow would fare off better than Clausen even though Clausen has superior mechanics. Tebow will do garbage. He will completely ruin the Jaguars. Not even god can save him.

I'm just messing with you, but I still don't think Tebow will do well.

Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Goliath_unit

I laughed my ass off when I looked at this link:

http://www.brobible.com/Story/76334

Take a look at all the pictures and then look at Clausen's at the bottom. LMAO.

mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 mvphalo8
Member since 2005 • 10748 Posts

Yeah, a lot of good DT's out there, shame though when the Panthers finally pick in the 2nd round, hopefull something is there.

But then again it is the draft and players coming from the much later rounds have become stars.

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 geaux321
They have released the preliminary list of invitees to the combine, so I've added that to the first post. More players will be added later.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

themyrmidon

Dallas needs to get a WR. Roy Williams and Crayton are garbage and should be cut. 

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ryder004

good, Lonyae Miller got an invite.

if he gets drafted than i will officially know more NFL players.

i played pop warner with Lonyae(my first year in pop and his last).

and his dad coaches at my high school and has been our strenth/agility coach for the past 4 years, and i trained with Lonyae Miller in the past offseasons. only thing is their not having a draft party at their house, i think it will be in north cali so i wont get to be there for the big moment

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wallymartin

Cowboys: go ahead and replace Flozell with a new LT.  No position I want more.  Then a Safety.  I could live with the reverse if I have to, but those need to be the first two picks assuming they aren't addressed in FA.

Texans: Still looking for that CB.  Might also like a Power RB to help with those short-yardage situations they struggled with so much.

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ngamer05
^ Call me crazy, but I think wide receiver could be an area that needs upgrading. Unless of course you feel Roy Williams can be a competent #2.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wallymartin

^ Call me crazy, but I think wide receiver could be an area that needs upgrading.  Unless of course you feel Roy Williams can be a competent #2.Ngamer05

I feel like the other spots are needed more.  Or not, but I've been dieing to get rid of Flozell.  Between Witten and Austin, you've already got the two guys that will be seeing the majority of the looks anyway.  I couldn't complain too much if they drafted a WR they knew could make an impact, though.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bobbles
^ Call me crazy, but I think wide receiver could be an area that needs upgrading. Unless of course you feel Roy Williams can be a competent #2.Ngamer05
A WR in the later rounds would be good, but not early. OL is the best spot to go me thinks, and LT is the most important position on the line other than C maybe.
themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 themyrmidon

Need to ditch Columbo and Flo and then get a eventual replacement for Davis and Gurode.  Kosier, Free, and Holland are alright.  

I don't think safety is that big a concern.  Hamlin and Sensabough aren't perfect, but odds are they'll be better than any high-round draft pick; and they still have a lot of game left.  If anything in the secondary I'd go corner again, you need to replace T-New and I'm not that hot on Scandrick, plus you can never be too deep at corner.

I'm fine with suffering through another Roy W year, but I don't think there's any doubt you take a high up-side reciever later in the draft.

D-line depth/futures would also be good. 

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Put_in_Kitna

Need to ditch Columbo and Flo and then get a eventual replacement for Davis and Gurode. 

themyrmidon

Tell me this is a joke. First of all. You wanna just throw away both your tackles? Im sure you think its as easy as picking up a kicker...oops. Then you wanna already start looking at the future without Davis and Gurode? :| We are talking linemen here right? 

Dallas is picking late, great spot for a WR, s, or a future Tackle. What they should do is ditch Spears and replace him with Bowen, he had a great year. They might go DE in the 1st considering they are both RFA's. Also Holland sucks fat wein.

Idk how no one has said anything about safety being a need too, both of em blow. Sensabaugh showed some flashes but he wasn't on the field enough and I don't trust him at all. Hamlin turned into a joke once he got paid. Safety is a huge need.

Also I don't think anyone can deny this...kicker is needed. So before you guys start saying we need to plan out the future! Look around cuz there is some huge needs this team still needs.

34-3? Joke.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Put_in_Kitna

Cowboys: go ahead and replace Flozell with a new LT.  No position I want more.  Then a Safety.  I could live with the reverse if I have to, but those need to be the first two picks assuming they aren't addressed in FA.

Texans: Still looking for that CB.  Might also like a Power RB to help with those short-yardage situations they struggled with so much.

wallymartin

I see someone did say safety, good to see. 

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wallymartin
[QUOTE="wallymartin"]

Put_in_Kitna

Sensabaugh blows, he's a backup at best.  Remember that first Sidney Rice touchdown?  Dude didn't even know Rice had caught the ball, and he was right next to him.

themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 themyrmidon
[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"][QUOTE="wallymartin"]

wallymartin

Sensabaugh blows, he's a backup at best.  Remember that first Sidney Rice touchdown?  Dude didn't even know Rice had caught the ball, and he was right next to him.

Sensabough has been solid all year.  That play was bad, yes, but how many big plays did Dallas give up this year compared to previous years?  We finally got a good thing going in secondary, don't tear it up just because there is some room for improvement, there are many other, more worrisome concerns.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 geaux321
Just a heads up, the East-West Shrine game is today at 2 PM CST on ESPN2.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CommanderShiro
Just a heads up, the East-West Shrine game is today at 2 PM CST on ESPN2.geaux321
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be keeping my eye on certain prospects.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 geaux321

Senior Bowl week is here, this is a good chance for players to improve their draft stock in front of NFL coaches in a game environment.

draftcountdown.com has good recaps and whatnot.

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 geaux321
The best OG in this years draft is from Idaho, the last great lineman from Idaho, Mark Schelreth or however you spell it.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CommanderShiro
The best OG in this years draft is from Idaho, the last great lineman from Idaho, Mark Schelreth or however you spell it.geaux321
Yeah Iupati looks really good as a prospect. Watched him play a bit during his bowl game against Bowling Green. I would love for the Jags to trade back and possibly get him.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 geaux321

Some of the players who are having a good week so far in Mobile:

Washington LB Donald Butler
Wake Forest CB Brandon Ghee
Idaho OG Mike Iupati
Michigan DE Brandon Graham
Cincinnati WR Mardy Gilyard
Boise State CB Kyle Wilson
Citadel WR Andre Roberts (they're saying round 3-4 for him)
Ole Miss OG John Jerry
Ole Miss RB/WR Dexter McCluster - he is electric when he touches the ball, similar to Darren Sproles
South Florida DE George Selvie

There are no good QB's here, I would be very surprised if any of these QB's is a starter for a team long term in the NFL.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CommanderShiro

Idaho OG Mike Iupati
Ole Miss OG John Jerry
Ole Miss RB/WR Dexter McCluster - he is electric when he touches the ball, similar to Darren Sproles

There are no good QB's here, I would be very surprised if any of these QB's is a starter for a team long term in the NFL.

geaux321
Familar with majority of the names, and its good to see they're doing well. The QBs struggling raises some eyebrows, but then again the underclassmen QBs this year are the better prospects.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 geaux321
[QUOTE="geaux321"]

Idaho OG Mike Iupati
Ole Miss OG John Jerry

CommanderShiro

Familar with majority of the names, and its good to see they're doing well. The QBs struggling raises some eyebrows, but then again the undercIassen QBs this year are the better prospects.

I don't really like any of the QB's this year.  I don't expect any of them to be starting next year.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CommanderShiro

I don't really like any of the QB's this year.  I don't expect any of them to be starting next year.

geaux321
Seeing as how the Jags are looking to a young QB it doesn't bode well. Jake Locker or Ryan Mallet are whom I want, but they didn't declare.
bobwjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bobwjr
Member since 2002 • 967 Posts
Back on the Tebo subject....I'll go against all you parrots who read some sports column and then repeat it as if it were your own deep thoughts from a shallow mind. There was another guy who "was too short..bad throwing set up..played in a shotgun wide open system offense" and those are the words about him by the same sports guys whining about Tebo. I'm sure yall would be parroting about him too. By the way you can catch him next Sunday qb'ing in the Super Bowl for the Saints. Tebo will be drafted before the second round is finished and by a team not named the Jags. He not only will play qb but will star. This guy is a winner with a winner's mentality. Huge upside and tremendous marketability, as we all know football is a business. Drafting qb's is a crap shoot and if i'm rolling the dice...I'm taking the guy that's going to make me a ton of money and has the work ethics to suceed, is coachable and most of all will stay out of trouble. That guy is Tebo. Want to believe the sports pundits???? Call Al Davis and ask him how that Jamarcus deal worked out for him.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 geaux321

I know you know better, at least spell his name right.  It will take some coaching for Tebow, I'd give him at least 2-3 years before he makes a significant contribution.

LeGarret Blount (yes, the guy that threw the punch after Boise State) scored on a nice TD run, with Iupati making some nice blocks.

bobwjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bobwjr
Member since 2002 • 967 Posts

I know you know better, at least spell his name right. It will take some coaching for Tebow, I'd give him at least 2-3 years before he makes a significant contribution.

LeGarret Blount (yes, the guy that threw the punch after Boise State) scored on a nice TD run, with Iupati making some nice blocks.

geaux321
Yeah , you're right....i could say that a shark bit off my left little finger and makes it difficult to push the "W" button, or I'm a weaksuck and can't push hard enough but I'll chalk it up to not paying attention and potentially making me look dumber than my prediction.
favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 favre4thewin
Member since 2008 • 693 Posts

Back on the Tebo subject....I'll go against all you parrots who read some sports column and then repeat it as if it were your own deep thoughts from a shallow mind. There was another guy who "was too short..bad throwing set up..played in a shotgun wide open system offense" and those are the words about him by the same sports guys whining about Tebo. I'm sure yall would be parroting about him too. By the way you can catch him next Sunday qb'ing in the Super Bowl for the Saints. Tebo will be drafted before the second round is finished and by a team not named the Jags. He not only will play qb but will star. This guy is a winner with a winner's mentality. Huge upside and tremendous marketability, as we all know football is a business. Drafting qb's is a crap shoot and if i'm rolling the dice...I'm taking the guy that's going to make me a ton of money and has the work ethics to suceed, is coachable and most of all will stay out of trouble. That guy is Tebo. Want to believe the sports pundits???? Call Al Davis and ask him how that Jamarcus deal worked out for him.bobwjr

Tebo is a running QB, and not a very fast one.  Yes he is a great college QB, but so was Danny Wuerfuel (or however you spell it). When it all boils down to it, he doesn't throw a tight enough ball to were it would warrant someone picking him to play QB in round 1.  If I was running a draft, Tebow would be a late 2 to round 4 prospect as a QB.  In the end, it is kind of a down year for QB's, but their are still better prospects on the board than Tebo in the first couple rounds.  We have to remind ourselves that the NFL is completely different than College when evaluating QB's.  

Also, comparing Brees to Tebow is unfair, because Brees throws a much better ball than Tebow.  The question with Tebow isn't height it is arm strength, throwing mechanics, and the system he played in.  Arm strength isn't everything, but your throwing mechanics are. 

themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 themyrmidon
Honestly, I hope Dallas drafts Tebow in the third and converts him to fullback.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Bobbles
Honestly, I hope Dallas drafts Tebow in the third and converts him to fullback.themyrmidon
I hope Dallas gets Tebow undrafted, then cuts his ass.
themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 themyrmidon
[QUOTE="themyrmidon"]Honestly, I hope Dallas drafts Tebow in the third and converts him to fullback.Bobbles
I hope Dallas gets Tebow undrafted, then cuts his ass.

Bobbles, WTF?
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wallymartin
To be fair, Tedford QBs had a history of failure, until Aaron Rodgers was given the chance to sit on the bench and relearn the position. There is no reason that Tebow can't relearn it as well. It would take a few years though.