which android should i get?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

hello, i recently returned my iphone to the sprint store (i dont really need a contract)... im looking at unlocked android phones. can someone recommend me one? i was looking at the s2 i9100 international version but i also saw that their coming out with a s3 soon... im not sure what i should too. my dad keeps talking about the sony xperia arc neo or arc s. thanks.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

The galaxy s2 is a very good phone with a nice high quality amoled screen and very fast and one of the better camera's on a smartphone but the resolution is 2 steps the curve at only 800x480 when you have alot of quarter HD phones out there including the iphone and with high end phones moving towards 720p as a standard this year. If your willing to spend as much as a unlocked galaxy s2 currently cost which is close to $600. Defiantly go for the Galaxy Nexus or the Galaxy Note both are better speced phones and have 720p resolution. Its really a matter of how big of a phone you want the note is a massive 5.3" screen and the nexus is still a very big 4.65" screen. I wouldn't even consider the sony phones unless you absolutely wanted a small phone with a decent amount of power in the case of the neo but there overpriced for the specs at that price point you could get the Motorola Atrix 2.

hostX9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 hostX9
Member since 2009 • 163 Posts

The galaxy s2 is a very good phoneDJ_Headshot

I agree on this. If you're looking for a gamer phone I highly suggest Xperia Play yet there are a lot of other choices as well. If you're unsure I suggest you Google for some benchmark tests or look at XDA-Developers which is the biggest place for Android (also other phone PDA) customization which is the top advantage compared to iPhone. And remember high user customization leads to better end-user experience

I'm using HTC Desire and I'm very satisfied.

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

Start with what carrier you want to put it on and go from there. You can't buy an Xperia Play and put it on T-mobile, for example. If you know you want to go with, say, AT&T, then you can work your way from there.

However, your best bet will always be a Galaxy S 2 variant, or the Galaxy Nexus