Whats the difference between..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkmask1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#1 darkmask1991
Member since 2008 • 817 Posts

The Touchwiz UI and the Timescape UI?

Are there any features that make one better than the other? which?

gigatrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gigatrainer
Member since 2006 • 2029 Posts
Touchwiz UI/UX is the primary feature of most Samsung phones whereas TImescape is on Sony phones. Both are custom manufacture overlays on default android(Meaning that they've changed the looks of some default apps and added a few new nifty features). I've only used Touchwiz and in all honesty it's better than default Gingerbread in many regards. The launcher is better than stock android(But can be replaced with something like ADW or Go) and it uses GPU acceleration quite well(Atleast in S, S2 and Note). But I'd say that the vanilla ICS is far better than the Touchwiz ICS crap that Samsung is about to pull off(From the looks of the leaks of S2 and Note).
semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

Touchwiz isn't actually all that different from stock. Touchwiz 4 (android 2.3) provides hardware accelleration, various apps with various functionality (some good, like the memo app, some not so good, like that weird social networking aggregation app that kindly informs you twice of messages) and generally vomits color and sound effects on your phone, which is either good or bad depending on your tastes.

Timescape, from what I understand (and have never used) adds new feeds for your social networking, a bunch of crazy animations and widgets, and blue. EVERYWHERE.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#4 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

Touchwiz 4.0 >>> Xperia iterface >>>>>>>>>>> Touchwiz 3.0.