Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deleteduser198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deleteduser198
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Anyone mess around with either of these titles yet?

I'm considering purchasing either of the two, but would really rather wait for the dollar sale for Chrono Trigger as opposed to firing 10 dollars out my arse.

I have both of these games in original form and am wondering if the revamped touch user-interface in both these games and the tweaked graphics justify a re-purchase. What I find appealing about Chrono Trigger is the addition of two entirely new worlds, but I still am a bit on the fence with the hefty asking price.

EDIT: I just realized that Chrono and the main character from Secret of Mana look nearly identical, same haircut and same wardrobe color theme.

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts
I got Secret of Mana when it came out. It's my all time fav SNES game. It handles really well on the iPhone and looks a treat. I skipped Chrono Trigger because I recently go the DS version, but am still tempted!
ryguy64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ryguy64
Member since 2005 • 77 Posts

I sold my DSi with Chrono Trigger (that was the only game I had for it that I cared about). I just got an iPod touch. Is it worth getting Chrono Trigger again? Or should I get it on virtual console for my Wii? I've heard the controls for the iPod can be pretty bad. Also, anybody know if/when it will be on sale for cheaper?

deleteduser198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deleteduser198
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I sold my DSi with Chrono Trigger (that was the only game I had for it that I cared about). I just got an iPod touch. Is it worth getting Chrono Trigger again? Or should I get it on virtual console for my Wii? I've heard the controls for the iPod can be pretty bad. Also, anybody know if/when it will be on sale for cheaper?

ryguy64
reviews say the re-vamped touch controls are well implemented and actually complement the fight system better. It should be well worth it unless you want to relive the classic on the big-screen