This topic is locked from further discussion.

PolskaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PolskaKing
Member since 2008 • 39592 Posts
Hello everybody, so I just purchased the G2x a couple of days ago and decided to ask a friend who knows his way around technology and asked him what are some things I could do for my phone. Told to first root it (which seemed obvious) and he linked to this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1056847 I was just wondering if this guide will work or not. I know there are others here with the G2x, since two people have stated they have it in the CyanogenMod thread. It would be nice to know if that guide will work or if there is perhaps different and better guides. And since I know the OS will matter, 2.3.3. is what my G2x has.
calebcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 calebcop
Member since 2009 • 889 Posts

Someone didn't read the rules! You can't talk about Rooting or Jailbreaking on GS forums.

PolskaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PolskaKing

Someone didn't read the rules! You can't talk about Rooting or Jailbreaking on GS forums.

calebcop
Oh really, seeing as how there is a thread on the CyanogenMod (which requires rooting) and looking into the ToU, there is nothing that indicates I cannot talk about rooting.
calebcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 calebcop
Member since 2009 • 889 Posts

Sorry about that bro. I guess it only applies to Jailbreaking. Another great reason why Google is so epic. They don't care.

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
The guide will work if you follow the directions.
PolskaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PolskaKing

Sorry about that bro. I guess it only applies to Jailbreaking. Another great reason why Google is so epic. They don't care.

calebcop
That is alright man.
semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

yeah, it will work. Its a bit more complicated than I would have liked, but Nvidia has dumb drivers. It works flawlessly though