nexus s became slow after ICS update

This topic is locked from further discussion.

redwarrior191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 redwarrior191
Member since 2009 • 138 Posts

i just got my ICS update yesterday, but i noticed that everything becomes a little bit sluggish.. swiping my home screen is a little bit laggy, scrolling through messages is also laggy (never happened before), also especially when updating apps.. before, i can leave the update running in the background and do other things, but now when i press the home button while downloading and installing app update, everything becomes not responsive.. anyone with nexus s experiences this??

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts
Oh no :( I thought ICS was supposed to improve performance in these areas. I hope it's patched for you soon.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#3 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

Thats strange because I am in love with the 4.0.4 update for nexus S. No homescreen or scrolling msgs lag.

However bear in mind that GB was smooth as silk anyways so they couldnt have made it faster.

The ram usage has increased significantly in ICS so maybe the multi-tasking capabilities are adversely affected. Honestly ICS brings so much more functionality and good looks that I wouldnt mind a bit of performance loss for it.

You can try doing a factory reset, most people have been very satisfied with the ICS update for nexus S that came a few days back.

saharasarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 saharasarge
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I'm really hoping i don't have those issues, though I am still waiting for my update to come... Though I do have my nexus s using solely verizon towers for better coverage and speed so maybe that would prevent me from being able to get the update OTA.
redwarrior191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 redwarrior191
Member since 2009 • 138 Posts

Thats strange because I am in love with the 4.0.4 update for nexus S. No homescreen or scrolling msgs lag.

However bear in mind that GB was smooth as silk anyways so they couldnt have made it faster.

The ram usage has increased significantly in ICS so maybe the multi-tasking capabilities are adversely affected. Honestly ICS brings so much more functionality and good looks that I wouldnt mind a bit of performance loss for it.

You can try doing a factory reset, most people have been very satisfied with the ICS update for nexus S that came a few days back.

Gambler_3

may i know how to do the factory reset?? but it will erase all my data and apps, correct?

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#6 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

may i know how to do the factory reset?? but it will erase all my data and apps, correct?

redwarrior191

Settings

Reset and backup

There you will find the option to factory reset. But yes it will remove all your data.

deleteduser198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deleteduser198
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

The new update is a RAM hog, and the multi-tasking system for Android isn't save-state based, so if you launch too many apps to multi-task you'll naturally place a strain on the OS.

I'd factory reset, it's usually my cure-all for my various Android-based afflictions.