New ipad takes 6 hours to charge and you cant game while charging!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 0

#1 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

Apparantly it doesnt charge while gaming as otherwise it would get too hot. Thats just epic fail no? :?

http://blog.gsmarena.com/new-ipad-battery-test-complete-see-how-it-did/

awptical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 awptical
Member since 2003 • 844 Posts

Wow, you can't be serious. That's a deal breaker right there. What a massive drawback if that's true. I'm sure iPad's battery is great, but gaming on it will eat that battery up in a couple hours tops. Then you must wait 6 hours to play again? Massive fail. Can anyone confirm this? I was actually thinking of going down to BB to take a look at one of these...

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts

Mine was at about 75% when I took it out of the box new. It lasted a few days with some solid gaming, browsing, ebook reading and (gasp!) some work. I chucked it on the charger in the evening before bed (like I do for my phone, kindle and every other portable device) and while I did notice it took quite a bit longer to charge than the previous model, it obviously won't bug me. Worst case is if I'm time poor, I'll charge half of it and it'll only last a couple of days on the road!

As for playing games while charging, I can't say I've ever done that with any tablet or phone - how inconvenient.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts
This forum is considered a sanctuary for Apple IOS devices. Anti-Apple IOS discussions will be considered a forum invasion.Staff
Gambler you are a good user but this is the second time you have come to the Apple board with negative things to say about the iPad. Its considered forum invasion to come in here and dis iOS devices.