Is the HTC One X still worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ralphster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ralphster
Member since 2007 • 471 Posts

I hear Android devices lag after a few months so I was a bit worried this would be the case.Does it have a decent camera and good battery life?I'm torn between the One X and iPhone 5.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Iphone 5 would be light years ahead of the HTC One X. But in all fairness I don't even think they're selling the Iphone 5, On Contract anymore unless you're buying either of these used/unlocked. But if that were enough the case there might be better options for the price.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/2/2919202/htc-one-x-review

Here's a review of the HTC One. They seem to say the Battery is good and the Camera was "Okay".

Also for what It's worth most Android devices shouldn't "Lag" after a couple of months unless there's something wrong with It's software. That being said my Galaxy S2 worked excellently for a good 6 Months and then after a  bad Software update from AT&T It literally ruined my phone. The Battery constantly drained, the phone kept crashing, and just a constant barrage of problems. That's one nice thing about Iphones, Apple for the most part don't screw up their updates so you don't need to worry about those issues.

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
I would choose something besides the One X. The phone design and performance is excellent, but the battery life is atrocious.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Are you sure you're not getting mixed up between the HTC One X and the One?

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

The Iphone 5 "light years" ahead?  lol.   No.  The HTC One X is a powerful quad code 720P device.   The Iphone 5 is a dual core A6.  The HTC ONE X will best it every time.

farrell2k

Quad vs Dual Core doesn't always mean the Quad will win. Apple's latest Iphone 5S Is a good example of that, It's beating pretty much every Android Quad core, and It's a Dual Core itself. This review also says the Iphone 5 beats the HTC One X performance wise.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/review/2216467/apple-iphone-5-vs-htc-one-x-head-to-head-review/page/2

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

The Iphone 5 "light years" ahead?  lol.   No.  The HTC One X is a powerful quad code 720P device.   The Iphone 5 is a dual core A6.  The HTC ONE X will best it every time.

farrell2k
LOL.. a person who still believes the amount of cores is an indication of power. Its funny how you laughed at twisted shade, yet he is actually more correct than you. The iPhone 5 would be my pick too. The Htc One x was the most problematic phone i ever owned. I would not get it.
Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#8 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

I'm assuming by now a One X, S3, Xperia TL are all free phones with an upgrade. And an Iphone 5 is probably $100 or more with contract, so it just depends on what you want to spend.

Peronally I'd get the free phone (I never pay a down payment on a phone) I have the Xperia TL and it does everything I need it to. And in two years when I get my next upgrade I'm sure there will be another free phone that out performs my TL and I'll get it.

One X isn't even a year old, I'm sure it'll do everything you need it to do. Who cares if new phones are .001 seconds faster at opening Facebook! It's just silly.