Chrome for Android (beta) released

This topic is locked from further discussion.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

We'll have to see how this stacks up against Dolphin. I'm perfectly happy with Dolphin HD, but I can at least give Chrome a try.

http://www.androidcentral.com/google-chrome-beta-now-available-android-40-devices?utm_source=topbar&utm_medium=alert&utm_campaign=mobilenations&utm_term=120207-Chrome+browser+in+beta+on+Android!

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
Pretty freaking great for a beta. Obviously not a finished product yet, but damn am I looking forward to future development on this.
Rhys2SkilleD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rhys2SkilleD
Member since 2012 • 149 Posts

yas :D

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
Doesn't support flash so won't be using it still plenty of sites that need it to work.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

Doesn't support flash so won't be using it still plenty of sites that need it to work.DJ_Headshot

And apparantly there are no plans to incorporate it. That instantly makes this a deal-breaker. Besides, I doubt it can even match the feature-set of some of the heavy weight browsers like Opera and Dolphin.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Just tried to download it to discover my phone is incompatible with it. But after reading this thread and learning it doesn't even support flash, I lost all interest in it and will stick with Dolphin Browser HD.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
And apparantly there are no plans to incorporate it. That instantly makes this a deal-breaker. Besides, I doubt it can even match the feature-set of some of the heavy weight browsers like Opera and Dolphin.UssjTrunks
Long-term, this IS going to completely replace 'Browser' on Android, though - on a technical level is Dolphin a completely separate app, or does it rely on the existence of the stock browser to work at all?
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]And apparantly there are no plans to incorporate it. That instantly makes this a deal-breaker. Besides, I doubt it can even match the feature-set of some of the heavy weight browsers like Opera and Dolphin.Makari
Long-term, this IS going to completely replace 'Browser' on Android, though - on a technical level is Dolphin a completely separate app, or does it rely on the existence of the stock browser to work at all?

Third-party browsers are completely independant of the stock browser. This doesn't affect them in any way.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
Third-party browsers are completely independant of the stock browser. This doesn't affect them in any way.UssjTrunks
OK - I remember back on my OG droid, some of the third-party browsers broke spectacularly when I deleted browser.apk. :D