Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts

:|

I was looking back in my posting history and i spotted one of my earliest SW postings. And it was EPIC.

Vandalvideo, Foaming Panda clashing against me and metrovania (who's he?)... man! The debates were a battlefield!

I was having fun actually. I knew SW has pretty much died now but i didn't think it died to the point where i no longer debated or have fun in doing so (and yet i still post there).

Anyway, i just thought it may be some good reading and may spark up some good discussion 2 and half years on. Jandurin and Ontain had posted in it actually...

P.S. My prediction in this thread was right on (MS and Sony going the motion route).

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

War... war never changes.. or has changed, it all depends.

But yeah if you go to old SW pages, its quite a different time then today, it seems like people are too afraid of moderation or something to try some more riske' topics, and go for the generic: lol RROD or P$3

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
Systemwars jumped the shark when the King got banned.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
I really don't think he made that much of a differnets. To me there was more an affect when Dreams got banned. It also went downhill a little when ginerDavid, verybest and a few stop posting. Well I liked bond and all me and him never really got into a good debate. There are a couple of realy good debaters left but most of them are on this union expect maybe Steveo.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts
I'm pretty young to System Wars, so I'll get to experience a rise in quality if it happens.;) I don't remember a time when SW wasn't rather dull.....
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts
It has always been fine for me, there are decent debates every now and then but I still enjoy the forum. However a lot of the heavy debaters are gone and I loved to read their posts. Dreamvisions, CakeorDeath, fuzzysquash, B^2, and subrosion. Even if I didn't always agree with what they said they always had good threads and good debates. I know a lot of them are still on gamespot but like Harlock said, they just stopped posting in there. I can only think of a few accounts that are good conversationalist in there now.
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

You were actually debating in that thread, not trolling which is what most people in Systwem wars do: Posting just to geta rise out of other posters. And the thing is a lot of good posters take the bait, troll back, and get banned themselves.

The trick is to ignore the trolling and stick to the sensible topics. But those are few and far in between so you end up ignoring a lot of stuff and then, yeah SW seems dead :(

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts
TBH it seems pretty much every board besides the OT board has seen better days. I used to post all the time in the Wii, PSP, Legacy Platforms and DS boards but they've all pretty much flatlined. SW is still "alive" but not kicking.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
It can be quite nostalgic to those of us who remember SW back in the day.  Posters were more daring, and there were more worthwhile threads and discussions. However, when you have multiple things working against it, like harsher mods and moderations, memorable posters getting the boot/leaving, more and more rules that get progressively stupider, the board loses almost all of its appeal. SW was originally meant to be a dumping ground for the scum of GS, but now it's arguably the most civilized board due to harsh enforcement. The GD is more like the old SW than the current SW is.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I'm getting bored of the place too. These days it's the same crap over and over- sales this, Uncharted that, Halo that, blahblahblah, etc. I can't remember the last time someone made an interesting, original thread.
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts

War... war never changes.. or has changed, it all depends.

But yeah if you go to old SW pages, its quite a different time then today, it seems like people are too afraid of moderation or something to try some more riske' topics, and go for the generic: lol RROD or P$3

110million

It can be quite nostalgic to those of us who remember SW back in the day. Posters were more daring, and there were more worthwhile threads and discussions. However, when you have multiple things working against it, like harsher mods and moderations, memorable posters getting the boot/leaving, more and more rules that get progressively stupider, the board loses almost all of its appeal. SW was originally meant to be a dumping ground for the scum of GS, but now it's arguably the most civilized board due to harsh enforcement. The GD is more like the old SW than the current SW is.Verge_6
I can see harsher moderations having an effect. It's funny, SW is and has always been a dumping ground. And yet back then, even the obvious troll threads pulled in good debaters (i remember some of the PSP FTW threads). The board may have become more civilised because of rules and yet actual 'civilisation' has diminished? :?

I'm getting bored of the place too. These days it's the same crap over and over- sales this, Uncharted that, Halo that, blahblahblah, etc. I can't remember the last time someone made an interesting, original thread.Floppy_Jim

TBH it seems pretty much every board besides the OT board has seen better days. I used to post all the time in the Wii, PSP, Legacy Platforms and DS boards but they've all pretty much flatlined. SW is still "alive" but not kicking.-Oath

Could it be a sign of the times? In other words, the period when there was a worthwhile discussion like the console launch period.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
i was going through my post history. I would get banned now for what I didn't even get moderated for then.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Verge_6

i was going through my post history. I would get banned now for what I didn't even get moderated for then.Jandurin

See what I mean? Jandurin here is living proof of my statement. You must be contained for an indefinite amount of time, and analysed day and night.  

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#14 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
This thread amuses me. Muwahahahah... MUWAHAHAHAHAHAhhh... BTW- SW is fine. Serious business, it is not.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
This thread amuses me. Muwahahahah... MUWAHAHAHAHAHAhhh... BTW- SW is fine. Serious business, it is not.musicalmac

My reaction is similar. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="musicalmac"]This thread amuses me. Muwahahahah... MUWAHAHAHAHAHAhhh... BTW- SW is fine. Serious business, it is not.

BANNED I TELLS YA D=
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

Yeah it's been that way for a long time. I used to enjoy going to sw because it had originality in it. Now it feels like a chore. All the new troll's keep on posting the same stuff over and over and over...I'll take Bad--Robot over anyone of them. Even red_cloak no longer posts here. It's as how Sol puts it "Its the same **** every day."

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
I'm getting bored of the place too. These days it's the same crap over and over- sales this, Uncharted that, Halo that, blahblahblah, etc. I can't remember the last time someone made an interesting, original thread.Floppy_Jim
Don't forget those Killzone 2 and Crysis threads, also, fad topics and such.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
To be honest I haven't seen a major change in SWs. Its just as stupid as it was years ago. Only now its easier for a troll to get banned.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
SSDD Same **** Different Day, kage
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mitu123

I also love those 360/PC games count as 360 exclusives threads, how can it be exclusive if it's on more than 1 system?:lol:

And some of those kinds of threads had over 10 pages.

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 spinecaton

I also love those 360/PC games count as 360 exclusives threads, how can it be exclusive if it's on more than 1 system?:lol:

mitu123

I haven't seen those threads in a long time, I only find it funny when someone only compares PS3 vs xbox 360 but excludes PC/xbox 360 titles because they aren't exclusive. I mean you are only comparing PS3 and xbox 360 it makes sense to add the PC/xbox 360 titles because you aren't comparing the PC in this argument. However I try to stay out of most list threads because the are almost always the same thing just a different poster. 

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

spinecaton

I haven't seen those threads in a long time, I only find it funny when someone only compares PS3 vs xbox 360 but excludes PC/xbox 360 titles because they aren't exclusive. I mean you are only comparing PS3 and xbox 360 it makes sense to add the PC/xbox 360 titles because you aren't comparing the PC in this argument. However I try to stay out of most list threads because the are almost always the same thing just a different poster. 

You haven't, you must not have been there a lot, I'm on it nearly everyday. I do find it funny about those PS3 v.s. 360 threads, they should make them if they're not comparing exclusives and just games because calling 360/PC games exclusive is still wrong IMO. You can use 360/PC games against PS3, but don't call them exclusive though they love to use "console exclusive".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
no SW in mah GUFU Don't make me bring out my inner fanboy D:
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 spinecaton
[QUOTE="spinecaton"][QUOTE="mitu123"]

mitu123

You haven't, you must not have been there a lot, I'm on it nearly everyday. I do find it funny about those PS3 v.s. 360 threads, they should make them if they're not comparing exclusives and just games because calling 360/PC games exclusive is still wrong IMO. You can use 360/PC games against PS3, but don't call them exclusive though they love to use "console exclusive".

I agree, you can in no way call them exclusive but you should still be able to include them in the PS3 vs xbox 360 threads. I am on there everyday at work but I probably skip them because the threads aren't interesting to me so I just don't notice them :P 

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

It's getting boring with all the rules and silly reporting.

I don't blame the mods, just the people that report for (imo)very minor stuff.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HarlockJC
Many of them will mod you but not count it agaist you. I have been modded a number of times without even a point loss. Which is cool because they are just saying hey this is not allowed.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Many of them will mod you but not count it agaist you. I have been modded a number of times without even a point loss. Which is cool because they are just saying hey this is not allowed. HarlockJC
Tell that to my 19th suspension :P
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

no SW in mah GUFU Don't make me bring out my inner fanboy D:Jandurin

Your GUFU?

*raises eyebrow*

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mitu123
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]Many of them will mod you but not count it agaist you. I have been modded a number of times without even a point loss. Which is cool because they are just saying hey this is not allowed. jg4xchamp

I've only been suspended like 4 times, 19, that's insane.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]Many of them will mod you but not count it agaist you. I have been modded a number of times without even a point loss. Which is cool because they are just saying hey this is not allowed. jg4xchamp

jesus champ. You're gonna be banned soon D:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

[QUOTE="Jandurin"]no SW in mah GUFU Don't make me bring out my inner fanboy D:Wasdie

Your GUFU?

*raises eyebrow*

yes, mine. Wanna fight about it? =0
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="HarlockJC"]Many of them will mod you but not count it agaist you. I have been modded a number of times without even a point loss. Which is cool because they are just saying hey this is not allowed. Jandurin

jesus champ. You're gonna be banned soon D:

Yeah the era of champ is coming to an end. But hey atleast I'll go out in one final blaze of glory...or just wimp out and stick to the GUFU boards :P
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

good lord look at all those nested quotes that go 5+ deep.  *cringe*

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HarlockJC

Ontain

Ontain

Ontain

Ontain

Ontain

good lord look at all those nested quotes that go 5+ deep.  *cringe* "Harlock is amazing!!!!

Ontain

Ontain

What 5 quotes...O and thank you Ontain

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

SW has been kinda boring lately.

Too many good posters banned and too many bad posters ban-dodging.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Probably not many of you remember the Old, Old SW, before Blackbond and Dreams were here and new posters...  but I will see with this...lol.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Yeah it's been that way for a long time. I used to enjoy going to sw because it had originality in it. Now it feels like a chore. All the new troll's keep on posting the same stuff over and over and over...I'll take Bad--Robot over anyone of them. Even red_cloak no longer posts here. It's as how Sol puts it "Its the same **** every day."

kage_53

Yeah, Bad Robot was witty, and good at trolling. I wonder if he ever returned as another user...:)

Red Cloak, that guy was HILARIOUS. Then there were others like YellowRose,  who got kids and grew up, HDGuyBasic (Who is still around I hear), etc.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

I remember Captain Planet quotes and that stuff. Last time I saw that was around May....3 years ago. I heard there was a Captain Planet union too and one of the mods deleted like 10 minutes after it was formed.

Also another thing: Where is the funny ? SW was full of funny stuff like the London, France fiasco and why aren't there anymore funny quotes like

[QUOTE="Mad_Rhetoric"] I know its not confirmed but Ubisoft isn't dening it either.glassglassglass

you're adopted and your mother was born as a man. I know its not confirmed but your parents havent denied it either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

Also another thing: Where is the funny ? SW was full of funny stuff like the London, France fiasco and why aren't there anymore funny quotes like

kage_53

Indeed.There were a bunch of really funny threads before.I recall this one thread regarding food; the opening post went something like "I saw food in the grocery store,so that means nobody is buying food," in response to the PS3 not selling.Many of the posts in that thread were so hilarious.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 789shadow
[QUOTE="kage_53"]

VGobbsesser

Indeed.There were a bunch of really funny threads before.I recall this one thread regarding food; the opening post went something like "I saw food in the grocery store,so that means nobody is buying food," in response to the PS3 not selling.Many of the posts in that thread were so hilarious.

My god, I wish I had seen that.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HarlockJC

Probably not many of you remember the Old, Old SW, before Blackbond and Dreams were here and new posters...  but I will see with this...lol.

SolidTy

Fire!

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

789shadow

I wish I had the link to that thread.:(

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 789shadow
[QUOTE="789shadow"]

VGobbsesser

I wish I had the link to that thread.:(

It sounds like comedy gold.:(

jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jechtshot78
Member since 2004 • 29851 Posts

It changed for the worse before you even joined gamespot. Believe me.

Its too serious business now.  It used to be a place to just screw around, now it is a lame forum game for adolescents. Its basically the Miley Cyrus of forums.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

HarlockJC

Fire!

Dude, Earth goes first, learn 2 Captain Planet.

EARTH!

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mitu123
Its basically the Miley Cyrus of forums. jechtshot78
That is definitely not a good thing.*shivers*
Brain3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Brain3000
Member since 2003 • 2857 Posts
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

PBSnipes

Fire!

EARTH!

And why is EARTH not colored brown like earth? Anyways....

WIND

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 789shadow
[QUOTE="PBSnipes"][QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Brain3000

Fire!

EARTH!

WIND

PIE

That needs to be a part of it.:P

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Verge_6
[QUOTE="PBSnipes"][QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Brain3000

Fire!

EARTH!

WIND

The best ones actually had pictures of the Planeteers accompanying the yelled element. That's right, I saw those epic threads. Anyways...

WATER! 

Â