Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
I have yet to see it,but a few of my friends said it was good.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
I've never seen any of the movies. I really like the posters for the new movie though.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

I am a fan of Pot......ter

anyways, I have read all the books with my wife and have enjoined them. I hope that even if Rowling does not carry on Harry story and it ended well that she does more book based out of the same universe. 

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Are you talking about the books or the new movie?
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
Are you talking about the books or the new movie?Ibacai

The new movie.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HarlockJC
If your talking about the movie the last one I watched was like the 3rd one.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts
I didn't think it was that great. They took out the battle with the Death Eaters at the end!! WTF!?
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

It was pretty damn good actually. I liked it.

Still, nothing hold's a candle to Prisoner of Azkaban. Still the best, most expressive adaptation thus far. 

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
I couldn't even bring myself to read the last book. The franchise, for me, died with the end of the fourth book. I really didn't like the 'edgy' route it took from there. You could tell Rowling had completely lost touch with what she had initially created.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
I didn't think it was that great. They took out the battle with the Death Eaters at the end!! WTF!?789shadow
makes sense. They have to do it in the 7th movie anyway, it'd be silly to do it twice
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

The first movie was great.

2-4 were terrible.

The 5th was excellent (the best so far).

I'm watching The Half-Blood Prince tomorrow. It's one of the best books of the series, I can't wait to see it.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

2-4 were terrible.

IronBass
I knew Harry Potter sucked after the 1st one.:P I didn't like the 1st one that much, very overrated IMO.
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts
[QUOTE="IronBass"]

2-4 were terrible.

mitu123

I knew Harry Potter sucked after the 1st one.:P I didn't like the 1st one that much, very overrated IMO.

Hey me too! Well as far as the books go at least, I decided to read it to see what all the hussle and bussle was about. Thought it was an okay book but didn't bother to dwell into it any deeper. Movies are entertaining though.

jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jechtshot78
Member since 2004 • 29851 Posts
The only ones I didnt like were 2 and 4. They took way too much out of 4 to the point where it felt shallow. It should have been the first DARK story like the book is. Though 3 is pretty dark thinking back on it.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="IronBass"]

2-4 were terrible.

spinecaton

Hey me too! Well as far as the books go at least, I decided to read it to see what all the hussle and bussle was about. Thought it was an okay book but didn't bother to dwell into it any deeper. Movies are entertaining though.

The books are better than the movies IMO, definitely the 1st one, I read the 1st book and watched the movie, and I preferred the book, LOL. To me these books don't translate that well into movies.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HarlockJC

The books are better than the movies IMO, definitely the 1st one, I read the 1st book and watched the movie, and I preferred the book, LOL. To me these books don't translate that well into movies.mitu123

The first book and the movie are a lot alike. It's the second book IMO that they started messing with the story too much. They should have made each book into 2 movies. That would have been better than what they have done now. WHich is one of the reasons I stopped watching the movies. 

The books are good and I disagree with the idea they are overrated. 

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]The books are better than the movies IMO, definitely the 1st one, I read the 1st book and watched the movie, and I preferred the book, LOL. To me these books don't translate that well into movies.HarlockJC

The first book and the movie are a lot alike. It's the second book IMO that they started messing with the story too much. They should have made each book into 2 movies. That would have been better than what they have done now. WHich is one of the reasons I stopped watching the movies. 

The books are good and I disagree with the idea they are overrated. 

Hmm, maybe you're right, I do use that word(overrated) a lot though.:P
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ibacai
As for the movie, I liked it quite a bit. The only problems were that it was slow in parts and that it was edited by a blind monkey with ear-plugs. Seriously, the transitions were freaking awful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Seriously, the transitions were freaking awful.Ibacai
hmm, jarring transitions, I think I might agree with that. Anyway, 2 was the worst book AND worst movie.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FrozenLiquid

I couldn't even bring myself to read the last book. The franchise, for me, died with the end of the fourth book. I really didn't like the 'edgy' route it took from there. You could tell Rowling had completely lost touch with what she had initially created.Verge_6

I think her plan was to try and 'grow up' with the audience she had initially captured with the first book.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FrozenLiquid

As for the movie, I liked it quite a bit. The only problems were that it was slow in parts and that it was edited by a blind monkey with ear-plugs. Seriously, the transitions were freaking awful.Ibacai

I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Then again, I don't primarily watch Hollywood blockbusters so I'm not perplexed by some fancy, artsy looking stuff. 

I still wouldn't say it was edited by a blind monkey with ear-plugs. That simian edited Babylon A.D. Seriously man, it seemed every other sequence ended with a fade-to-black for no apparent reason. 

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HarlockJC

[QUOTE="Ibacai"]Seriously, the transitions were freaking awful.Jandurin
hmm, jarring transitions, I think I might agree with that. Anyway, 2 was the worst book AND worst movie.

4 was the best book...never saw the movie

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ibacai

[QUOTE="Ibacai"]As for the movie, I liked it quite a bit. The only problems were that it was slow in parts and that it was edited by a blind monkey with ear-plugs. Seriously, the transitions were freaking awful.FrozenLiquid

I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Then again, I don't primarily watch Hollywood blockbusters so I'm not perplexed by some fancy, artsy looking stuff. 

I still wouldn't say it was edited by a blind monkey with ear-plugs. That simian edited Babylon A.D. Seriously man, it seemed every other sequence ended with a fade-to-black for no apparent reason. 

It wasn't artsy stuff. It was a botched editing job to rush the movie out in time after the first cut was rejected.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
i enjoyed it though good lord did it leave you dissapointed that there wasn't some epic wizard battle like the last one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
i enjoyed it though good lord did it leave you dissapointed that there wasn't some epic wizard battle like the last one. Ontain
i believe they're saving up for the last 2 movies
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]I couldn't even bring myself to read the last book. The franchise, for me, died with the end of the fourth book. I really didn't like the 'edgy' route it took from there. You could tell Rowling had completely lost touch with what she had initially created.FrozenLiquid

I think her plan was to try and 'grow up' with the audience she had initially captured with the first book.

I sure as hell didn't want that. I wanted fun, quirky adventures centuring around a magical school and its students. Not a dark tale where all those characters get killed every other page.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]I couldn't even bring myself to read the last book. The franchise, for me, died with the end of the fourth book. I really didn't like the 'edgy' route it took from there. You could tell Rowling had completely lost touch with what she had initially created.Verge_6

I sure as hell didn't want that. I wanted fun, quirky adventures centuring around a magical school and its students. Not a dark tale where all those characters get killed every other page.

fun and quirky gets old real quick
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]I couldn't even bring myself to read the last book. The franchise, for me, died with the end of the fourth book. I really didn't like the 'edgy' route it took from there. You could tell Rowling had completely lost touch with what she had initially created.Jandurin

fun and quirky gets old real quick

So does dark and edgy. REALLY fun and quirky, like the first book, does indeed get old. But, if the rest of the series had had the same tone as, say, books two and three, I would have enjoyed it. It certainly has some dark and even disturbing elements to it, but it's still got a healthy amount of Hogwarts schooling and fun in it. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
yeah, i s'pose. But the students were always intended to grow from age 11 to 18, so... anyway, i didn't like the second book :x
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

So does dark and edgy. REALLY fun and quirky, like the first book, does indeed get old. But, if the rest of the series had had the same tone as, say, books two and three, I would have enjoyed it. It certainly has some dark and even disturbing elements to it, but it's still got a healthy amount of Hogwarts schooling and fun in it. 

Verge_6

my friends and I have quite a few laughs during the last movie. most at the love triangle subplot. 

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
I think it's the best of the Harry Potter movies.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

I didn't think it was that great. They took out the battle with the Death Eaters at the end!! WTF!?789shadow

^^^ this I can understand other omissions due to time constraints but the movie desperately lacked an action piece and this would have finished off the movie nicely.

Avatar image for videogamegirl05
videogamegirl05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 videogamegirl05
Member since 2004 • 21306 Posts

it was kinda "meh"

But, it will probably watch it again.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FrozenLiquid
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]

[QUOTE="Ibacai"]As for the movie, I liked it quite a bit. The only problems were that it was slow in parts and that it was edited by a blind monkey with ear-plugs. Seriously, the transitions were freaking awful.Ibacai

It wasn't artsy stuff. It was a botched editing job to rush the movie out in time after the first cut was rejected.

Oh really? Well damn this filmmaker for not picking out what was a bad editing job. FML totally. Imma totally hand in my reigns.

Really, not once did I experience out of sync audio, not once did I see a major unintended continuity error, and not once did I see Yates and co. break the 180 rule. I may sound blunt but I honestly cannot tell you how many times people have decided an editor ****ed up just because they couldn't handle the non-conformity. Not only that, they don't even know half of what editing is; I am going to presume your idea of 'editing' was completely within the realms of visuals, in particular the cuts, disregarding color grading, mattes, set continuity etc. Let's not even begin to talk about audio in editing.

Let's say I'm wrong in my presumption. I'm going to see this movie again, so could you please tell me which scenes in particular are so bad so that I can look out for them upon my next viewing. I actually feel ashamed I couldn't pick them out because as a filmmaker, I can't watch movies as pure escapism anymore; I know the tricks they use and I basically see the film set around the intended composition, and instead of seeing seamless editing, I see the fruits of Avid, Premiere Pro, Vegas etc. So for me to miss overall bad editing makes me feel pretty stink.

If all you come up with, however, is a sequence such as Harry leafing through the half-blood prince book while all that crap flashes by past the screen in an effort to convey time lapse, well, don't worry about it. As I said, I've heard it before, and I think I've had enough.

The only thing in HBP that seemed out of place, and it's not the fault of the editor, but the both the director and DoP, are a few handheld shots that litter some of the suspenseful sequences. While a lot of the shots were conventional mid-to-close up statics, tracks, and pans, some joker thought he would scatter some shaky cam here and there while hiding in the bush. Children of Men, this ain't.

-

Anyway, why do I sound so angry? Because editors get the short end of the stick, all the freakin' time. Not only do they not get credited for their technical proficiency (only at the Academy Awards), they're the ones that did several years of film theory papers while we childish directors sat on our fat asses and watched our favourite films over and over again during the same period. In the end, the directors get all the credit for a perfectly cohesive film, and the editors gotta sit down and shutup behind him. At least cinematographers/DoPs are slowly being credited for films, and I hope editors get the limelight next.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FrozenLiquid

Verge_6

I understand that it did get a bit dark in the end, but kudos to Rowling for not making fun and luff for all seven books. In any case, the books got progressively darker as the series went on, so maybe even your partiality towards Goblet of Fire irks fans of only the first book, and yeah, there was an outspoken group of fans who only ever liked the first book :S.

Anyway, I think Rowling turned out better when she did what she wanted to do (except for a particular thing, more on that later). The only fanservice she did was the epilogue of Deathy Hallows, and boy did that completely suck. So if you liked the epilogue after Deathly Hallows, then well, I guess you like it. I personally thought that was the dumbest thing I've ever read after a 7 book epic. Fanservice and a disappointing low.

Oh, and Harry/Hermione forever. Alfonso Cuaron knew it, David Yates knew it (they work so damn well in the HPB movie), Dumbledore knew it, and hell, even Harry and Hermione knew it. Rowling, like that oh-so-fussy mother did you rip those two apart. Let love blossom!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Oh, and Harry/Hermione forever. Alfonso Cuaron knew it, David Yates knew it (they work so damn well in the HPB movie), Dumbledore knew it, and hell, even Harry and Hermione knew it. Rowling, like that oh-so-fussy mother did you rip those two apart. Let love blossom!

FrozenLiquid
That was awesome. Honestly, Hermione works with everyone D: I could see Ron, Krum, anyone with her.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Also, what is non-conformity, Liquid?
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HarlockJC
I liked the darkness myself it made the story more real. When they killed off who they did it was unexpectted. I also liked that when she killed someone you though maybe they could still come back. Only to have them stay dead.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ibacai
[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]

[QUOTE="Ibacai"]As for the movie, I liked it quite a bit. The only problems were that it was slow in parts and that it was edited by a blind monkey with ear-plugs. Seriously, the transitions were freaking awful.FrozenLiquid

Oh really? Well damn this filmmaker for not picking out what was a bad editing job. FML totally. Imma totally hand in my reigns.

Really, not once did I experience out of sync audio, not once did I see a major unintended continuity error, and not once did I see Yates and co. break the 180 rule. I may sound blunt but I honestly cannot tell you how many times people have decided an editor ****ed up just because they couldn't handle the non-conformity. Not only that, they don't even know half of what editing is; I am going to presume your idea of 'editing' was completely within the realms of visuals, in particular the cuts, disregarding color grading, mattes, set continuity etc. Let's not even begin to talk about audio in editing.

Let's say I'm wrong in my presumption. I'm going to see this movie again, so could you please tell me which scenes in particular are so bad so that I can look out for them upon my next viewing. I actually feel ashamed I couldn't pick them out because as a filmmaker, I can't watch movies as pure escapism anymore; I know the tricks they use and I basically see the film set around the intended composition, and instead of seeing seamless editing, I see the fruits of Avid, Premiere Pro, Vegas etc. So for me to miss overall bad editing makes me feel pretty stink.

If all you come up with, however, is a sequence such as Harry leafing through the half-blood prince book while all that crap flashes by past the screen in an effort to convey time lapse, well, don't worry about it. As I said, I've heard it before, and I think I've had enough.

The only thing in HBP that seemed out of place, and it's not the fault of the editor, but the both the director and DoP, are a few handheld shots that litter some of the suspenseful sequences. While a lot of the shots were conventional mid-to-close up statics, tracks, and pans, some joker thought he would scatter some shaky cam here and there while hiding in the bush. Children of Men, this ain't.

-

Anyway, why do I sound so angry? Because editors get the short end of the stick, all the freakin' time. Not only do they not get credited for their technical proficiency (only at the Academy Awards), they're the ones that did several years of film theory papers while we childish directors sat on our fat asses and watched our favourite films over and over again during the same period. In the end, the directors get all the credit for a perfectly cohesive film, and the editors gotta sit down and shutup behind him. At least cinematographers/DoPs are slowly being credited for films, and I hope editors get the limelight next.

Butt hurt argument coming. Just sleepy right now.
Avatar image for Tragic_Kingdom7
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Tragic_Kingdom7
Member since 2008 • 4011 Posts

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was a great movie which was actually better than the book in many ways. But first let me get my gripes with the movie out of the way:

+I felt some scenes were really rushed.

+I felt they tried to wrap the movie up too quickly. The ending should have been extended.

+They didn't delve deep enough into the Half-Blood Prince potion book storyline.

+They didn't set up Aragog's death sufficiently. I would think that the audience wanted to know why Hagrid was standing over a dead spider.

Now this is what I think the movie did right:

+The film was visually gorgeous. It was by far the most visually attractive/visually interesting Potter film. Starting wtih Prisoner of Azkaban the films have had a beautiful gothic look to them and in HBP that style is in top form.

+The movie had good dialogue and it was genuinely funny in many parts. I always felt that the movies were horrible in the humor department, but this one was on point except for a few awkward parts here and there.

+Being worried about them focusing too much on the romance, I was actually very happy with the way it turned out. The actress that played Lavender was excellent and they made the romance parts seem more grounded and authentic than in the book.

+The acting performances were top-notch (well, for a Potter film anway) in this movie. The adults always do an excellent job, but the kids (well they're not really kids anymore, but you get what I mean) always seemed to turn in awkward performances. However, in HBP, the kids turn in great performances as well.

+The flash-backs were handled extremely well. Potter fanboys are going to be mad that so many of the flashbacks were done away with, but these people never seem to be able to understand that film and books are two different mediums and so the movie and the books can't line up exactly. With the flashbacks, the moviemakers took out the best stuff, streamlined it, did justice to the most exciting parts and thus made them acceptable in a fast-paced medium such as a film. In films, it's important to try to keep stuff like flashbacks to a minimum because too much backward motion bores the audience. The filmakers mantained a good balance.

+I was extremely skeptical with how the movie was going to turn out because HBP is such a transitional book. It's not all that eventful, there are not many setpieces, it's sort of a slow-burner, it's not very stand-alone, but rather is there to set up Book 7, etc. However, I was pleasently surprised at how good a job the moviemarkers did in the way of taking material not well-suited for adaption and making an interesting movie out of it and how good a job the filmakers did in the way of making HBP function somewhat (key word being somewhat, I don't think it's possible to make the last two volumes function completely as stand-alone stories) as a stand-alone story.

I'd argue that the single most important factor in their success in this area was the emphasis of Slughorn and his plot arc and the way that they handled the Malfoy plot arc. The fact that they introduced Harry's mission to get Slughorn to divulge his memory right away, making it appear as a mission very central to the progression of the story (I felt the movie put more importance on this than the book and thus the movie seems less meandering than the book and more purposeful), was essential in building anticipation.

The Malfoy plot arc was handled beautifully. In the book, the reader is given clues that Malfoy is up to something, but since the book is somewhat limited to Harry's perspective, we only truly know what he's up to through dialogue when he lays it all out at the end. In the book, we are told more than shown. The movie shows was Draco is up to, however, by showing him with the vanishing cabinet and showing him testing it out with a bird and an apple, etc. Basically, the movie reworks the vanishing cabinet stuff so that we can see that endeavor in real-time and not hear about it second hand through Draco. I say with no reservation that the Malfoy plot arc was absolutely handled better in the film than in the book.

+I felt the movie did a good job of making what seemed kind of flat in the book have gravity in the movie. For instance, the Quidditch stuff.

+Eliminating the Dursley's all together was a really good move. Their part in the book was pretty dull so it was wise to just do away with them.

I could say alot more, but I'll just end by saying that these moviemakers know what they are doing. Kudos to them for making material that initially seemed incompatible with the film medium into a great, briskly paced movie.

Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

I have mixed feelings about the movie.

I think a reason for that is that I loved and hated book six -- I love the Horcruxes, Slughorn, the memories, Snape, Dumbledore's death, all of the ending, and Luna. I pretty much hate the rest of the book: how almost all the characters were out of character compared to how they acted in the other five books, how she made Tom/Voldemort into a boring villain by making being born evil. And then the romance -- I think I must have done something horrible in a previous life or something to have had read through all of that just to get to the good parts.

The movie did fix a lot of the problems though -- I liked Harry again, the rest of the characters were just awesome, and the romance was either hilarious (Won-Won and Lavender) or bearable (Harry and Ginny) but at least this time not painful to think about. And they did such a great job with Malfoy's character -- while in the book I only really felt sympathetic toward him during the bathroom scene and at the end, in the movie I felt bad throughout the entire movie. 

But then the movie had problems too -- it felt like everything was too quick, especially the opening and ending. Tom was too obviously evil -- I prefer the old actor from movie two. I still don't like Dumbledore's actor, although he was very Dumbledore-y when he was talking to Malfoy. And then there is other minor stuff, but most of it is from the book in the first place...

However, the scene with the Inferi was awesome, and I loved the scene when Harry touches the ring and Dumbledore looks suspicious/worried because it hints at what will happen. And the details they've put into everything was great.

So I'd say I like movie six a lot more than I like book six.

Compared to the other movies, however, I'm not sure if I like this one or movie five the best. I know after them I like CoS, then PS, then PoA, and then finally GoF -- which is really odd because GoF is my favorite book of the series and HBP was my second-least favorite.

But I know I am not looking forward to DH. I hate that book. Hate it, hate it, hate it, and I cannot see how they could make it good. :evil:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
haha. nice rant/review Though I don't know what your abbreviated titles refer to PS Philosopher's Stone? Goblet of Fire that's all I can get without cheating
Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

haha. nice rant/review Though I don't know what your abbreviated titles refer to PS Philosopher's Stone? Goblet of Fire that's all I can get without cheatingJandurin

PS = Philosopher's Stone/Sorcerer's Stone

CoS = Chamber of Secrets

PoA = Prisoner of Azkaban

GoF = Goblet of Fire

OotP = Order of the Phoenix

HBP = Half-Blood Prince

DH = Deathly Hallows

:P 

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#45 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
To date, I have not seen a single Harry porrter movie, and I haven't read any of the books. I i doubt I ever will
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#46 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

The movies are okay, they mostly suffer from having to edit out so much stuff just to make it not have too much length.

If I had to rank the movies it'd go

5 > 1 > 3 > 2 > 4

I'll probably go see half Blood Prince this weekend (though TBH, it wasn't that big on the book when I read it.)

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
off topic: Where have you been moon? We've missed you ;_;

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
off topic: Where have you been moon? We've missed you ;_;Shinobishyguy
this
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
I've never read the books so i've seen the movies. I never saw all what the craze was. So i've watched the movie and after watching half blood prince. It was just slower than all the other ones. And I wish they would have went in more into who the half blood prince was and stuff.
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#50 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
I've read every book and seen every film except the latest one. I enjoyed the previous one a lot and has got me hyped for Half-Blood Prince, BUT i'll still wait for the Bluray release. :?

The movies are okay, they mostly suffer from having to edit out so much stuff just to make it not have too much length.

If I had to rank the movies it'd go

5 > 1 > 3 > 2 > 4

I'll probably go see half Blood Prince this weekend (though TBH, it wasn't that big on the book when I read it.)

Lionheart08
5th is definitely the best out of the lot (disregarding 6th) imo and my memory fails me for how good the other films were. :P