Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Like with everything else, IGN has decided to do a top 25 list detailing the best Anime Characters. And with every other IGN list, the fail is pretty strong in this list.

Seriously, Naruto ranking higher than L, Light Yagami, Vash The Stampede, Edward Elric, andLupin? What the hell type of sacrilegious blasphemy is this?

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
...Goku is No. 1, and the fact that Naruto is even ON that laughable list just confirms that this is a 'Most mainstream anime characters!' list. Also, there is a complete lack of Alucard/Anderson. The amount of fail here is immeasurable.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#3 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts
The fact that they put Naruto higher than L makes this list fail.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4962/suicidej.gif

I don't even like anime, but I'll use any excuse to post this gif.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Sailor Moon? Astro Boy? Speed Racer? :shock:

Ichigo, Motoko, and L should have been much higher on the list. Where's Jin and Mugen? Where's Inuyasha? Another crappy IGN list...

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

I like that list. Goku FTW is number 1. Nothing else really matters too much.

PBSnipes

That's amazingly funny.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#7 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Goku is No.1? At least they got one thing right. :D
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

Well that list was horrible.. here is my top 5 because that list depresses me:

Captain Harlock 

(No, I am not sucking up to the now Mod, I love the show)

Sunred from Astro Figther Sunred

The entire Baccano Cast

Ginko from Mushishi

Kamina from Gurren Lagann

I know I wasted my time putting them up, but I still think I had to, to make myself feel better. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

PBSnipes

Barney is win.

And while I have always enjoyed DBZ, I don't think Goku is the top Anime character ever. I need to watch more Anime for sure. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#10 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
I think IGN needs to watch more anime.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

Awesome :D

Goku deserves #1, he's easily the most recognizable anime character around today.

He's also the most pure no doubt about it.

Haruhi should have been higher though, and where's mah Konata?! :x

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts
Onizuka didn't make the cut :( he is my favorite.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
:? Terrible list. You leave out characters like Kamina (Gurren Lagan), Ranma Saotome (Ranma 1/2), Soul Eater or Black Star (Soul Eater), Onizuka (GTO), Makenuchi Ippo (Hajime No Ippo)... hell, even Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh would've made a better choice than some of the ones they chose. Astro Boy at #3? Really IGN?
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

what the hell is this ****?

Naruto isn't even the best character in his own series.

Hell that title goes to Kakashi.

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

:? Terrible list. You leave out characters like Kamina (Gurren Lagan), Ranma Saotome (Ranma 1/2), Soul Eater or Black Star (Soul Eater), Onizuka (GTO), Makenuchi Ippo (Hajime No Ippo)... hell, even Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh would've made a better choice than some of the ones they chose. Astro Boy at #3? Really IGN?Hoffgod

Yeah! another Onizuka fan!

LegendofNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LegendofNerd
Member since 2007 • 2140 Posts

Not a real great list, though I do agree with Goku for the top spot.

Naruto shouldn't have been anywhere near the top 10.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
I have no idea who half the people on that list are but... GO PIKACHU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

The amount of fail is staggering.This is nothing more than another reason why mainstream anime sucks..."We're gonna do this list because everyone know these characters!!!11!!". At least they have Spike and Lupin. Everything else can shove it (Astro Boy as a show/manga is really good but as a character...meh)

[QUOTE="Hoffgod"]:? Terrible list. You leave out characters like Kamina (Gurren Lagan), Ranma Saotome (Ranma 1/2), Soul Eater or Black Star (Soul Eater), Onizuka (GTO), Makenuchi Ippo (Hajime No Ippo)... hell, even Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh would've made a better choice than some of the ones they chose. Astro Boy at #3? Really IGN?spinecaton

Yeah! another Onizuka fan!

Onizuka kicks ass. I thought me and Red were the only ones that know GTO,
grapefruit21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 grapefruit21
Member since 2007 • 3537 Posts
I may not know much about anime, but having pikachu on the list and not having anyone from Gundam Wing seems like blasphemy to me. And according to you all they went mainstream and left off the second of the two animes that really brought it to the minds of Americans (DBZ and Gundam Wing). Disgraceful.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kage_53
I may not know much about anime, but having pikachu on the list and not having anyone from Gundam Wing seems like blasphemy to me. And according to you all they went mainstream and left off the second of the two animes that really brought it to the minds of Americans (DBZ and Gundam Wing). Disgraceful.grapefruit21
Nah. DBZ was the sole reason anime got popular in America. Gundam is insanely popular in Japan but then again so is the entire mecha catagory,
grapefruit21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 grapefruit21
Member since 2007 • 3537 Posts
[QUOTE="grapefruit21"]I may not know much about anime, but having pikachu on the list and not having anyone from Gundam Wing seems like blasphemy to me. And according to you all they went mainstream and left off the second of the two animes that really brought it to the minds of Americans (DBZ and Gundam Wing). Disgraceful.kage_53
Nah. DBZ was the sole reason anime got popular in America. Gundam is insanely popular in Japan but then again so is the entire mecha catagory,

I'll take your word for it, but I could have sworn the wing was almost as popular back in the day.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
I'll take your word for it, but I could have sworn the wing was almost as popular back in the day.grapefruit21
Wing was popular, but this isn't the 25 Most Popular characters list. If you're going to include a Gundam character, get one from a series that doesn't suck, not Wing.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kage_53
[QUOTE="kage_53"][QUOTE="grapefruit21"]I may not know much about anime, but having pikachu on the list and not having anyone from Gundam Wing seems like blasphemy to me. And according to you all they went mainstream and left off the second of the two animes that really brought it to the minds of Americans (DBZ and Gundam Wing). Disgraceful.grapefruit21

I'll take your word for it, but I could have sworn the wing was almost as popular back in the day.

It was nowhere near as popular as DBZ back then. DBZ was on local cable too back then as well. Wing became more popular after it was shown on Toonami.
[QUOTE="grapefruit21"]I'll take your word for it, but I could have sworn the wing was almost as popular back in the day.Hoffgod
Wing was popular, but this isn't the 25 Most Popular characters list. If you're going to include a Gundam character, get one from a series that doesn't suck, not Wing.

/G Gundam, Char's Counterattack etc.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="grapefruit21"]I'll take your word for it, but I could have sworn the wing was almost as popular back in the day.Hoffgod

Got the perfect candidate right here

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

[QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="grapefruit21"]I'll take your word for it, but I could have sworn the wing was almost as popular back in the day.Shinobishyguy

Pfft, this shouldn't be the best anime character list, it should be the best Char list. :P

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

PBSnipes
:)
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

Kenshin behind speed racer ? 

Truewiseblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Truewiseblade
Member since 2005 • 2607 Posts
Personally, I can't argue with this list. if you look at it less as a "best" list and more of a list of famous and popular characters outside of Japan, then it really makes sense. I may not like everyone on the list (Lelouch, Light, I'm looking at you) but I can't deny they popularity and what they've done to bring manga into the mainstream. I'm a touch disappointed at how much the list slants to the shonen side, though.
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

Kenshin behind speed racer ?

Ontain

Agreed, that's lame.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Well that was a kick to the junk, thanks IGN. Glad you at least didn't insult my Mother at the same time.... By best are they meaning most recognizable? Popular? Dumb?
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#31 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts
I'm not too big into anime BUT Spike Spiegel was in the top 5 which is awesome. The list on the whole though really wasn't that great. Seriously, Naruto is one of the top characters? Gimme a break.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

Oh, you did NOT just diss Gundam Wing. :| 

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#33 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

The lack of Conan was what depressed me the most. Detective Conan/Case Closed was awesome man. :(

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I think IGN needs to watch more anime.siLVURcross

They do, they listed spike spiegel at $#4 which is damn good, but his first appeareance is in episode 1 of cowboy bebop which is entitled Asteroid blues.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#35 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Yeah, this list has Naruto in it rated higher than most characters, er, what? Really shows how overrated he is. And I have watched that show too.

Believe it.:P

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

I stopped watching most anime when I found out that it was one of the worst offenders of narrative in all of storytelling, but the list is not half bad. I personally agree with characters like Ichigo and Naruto being on this list, as they are driving forces of manga and anime today. Say what you will about their character depth, but their impact in their respective series lends to their popularity. Without them, anime would be struggling to find hits to keep the general public interest. Look at One Piece as an example as great series with a great character that just never caught on in this side of the earth. In other words, characters shouldn't be ranked by their depth or appeal, they should be ranked by their impact in their respected narrative that has lend to the success of the story. Hell, its why I'm tolerating whiny emo extraordinaire Shinji Ikari in this list.

Also, some of you need to respect your elders. Astro Boy was rocking deep themes such as loss of a child, racism,  child neglect, and class injustice when most creators of these other series weren't even thought of. Astro Boy as a character was not only appealing for his design, but for his innocence when dealing with these issues through the series. This made him the driving force for his show, which was the world's first anime. Without him representing anime to begin with, all other characters on this list wouldn't even exist and animation in Japan today would be insanely different. In fact, I'd say Astro Boy should have taken the top slot.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts
I thought that list wasn't all that good. Shame really.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ibacai

I stopped watching most anime when I found out that it was one of the worst offenders of narrative in all of storytelling, but the list is not half bad. I personally agree with characters like Ichigo and Naruto being on this list, as they are driving forces of manga and anime today. Say what you will about their character depth, but their impact in their respective series lends to their popularity. Without them, anime would be struggling to find hits to keep the general public interest. Look at One Piece as an example as great series with a great character that just never caught on in this side of the earth. In other words, characters shouldn't be ranked by their depth or appeal, they should be ranked by their impact in their respected narrative that has lend to the success of the story. Hell, its why I'm tolerating whiny emo extraordinaire Shinji Ikari in this list.

Also, some of you need to respect your elders. Astro Boy was rocking deep themes such as loss of a child, racism,  child neglect, and class injustice when most creators of these other series weren't even thought of. Astro Boy as a character was not only appealing for his design, but for his innocence when dealing with these issues through the series. This made him the driving force for his show, which was the world's first anime. Without him representing anime to begin with, all other characters on this list wouldn't even exist and animation in Japan today would be insanely different. In fact, I'd say Astro Boy should have taken the top slot.

Redmoonxl2
So, are you arguing that impact and popularity are what dictate "best"? I would also say that most forms of art and entertainment are just big of offenders as Anime when it comes to "narrative" as you put it. I'm guessing that's a shot at the simplistic form of just conveying a work of fiction wrapped nicely in a bow to the viewer? I'd agree most anime is highly derivative.
Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

Shinobishyguy

G Gundam was the only Gundam series I ever liked. :P

I remember when I liked Naruto, both the show and character. He was a little ninja who was too loud and wore orange but you couldn't help but root for him because he was the underdog. My favorite part was the exams. Then it got worse, especially after the time skip.

And Luffy > Naruto. :evil:

sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#40 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

Seems to me a lot of people failed to read the opening paragraph.

Our criteria for selection involved a little bit of everything – each character's lasting fame, the impact they had on the medium and their particular genre at the time, the depth and quality of their realization on screen, and of course, a little bit of personal taste. Everyone out there has their own damned opinion, of course, so have a look at ours, and then feel free to share yours afterwards.IGN

Impact and popularity were major critera in the selections on IGN's list. That's naturally going to skew things towards recognizable faces, such as Goku. With this in mind (especially in a list targeted towards US anime audiences), putting Goku on top makes a lot of sense. 

That said, Shonen Jump characters are certainly a bit overrepresented here, and a bit more recognition of some manga giants that are more popular in Japan (such as Gundam) or different genres (something besides the token Sailor Moon mention) would improve the list, even by their critera. 

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ibacai

[QUOTE="IGN"]Our criteria for selection involved a little bit of everything – each character's lasting fame, the impact they had on the medium and their particular genre at the time, the depth and quality of their realization on screen, and of course, a little bit of personal taste. Everyone out there has their own damned opinion, of course, so have a look at ours, and then feel free to share yours afterwards.sonicmj1

Impact and popularity were major critera in the selections on IGN's list. That's naturally going to skew things towards recognizable faces, such as Goku. With this in mind (especially in a list targeted towards US anime audiences), putting Goku on top makes a lot of sense. 

That said, Shonen Jump characters are certainly a bit overrepresented here, and a bit more recognition of some manga giants that are more popular in Japan (such as Gundam) or different genres (something besides the token Sailor Moon mention) would improve the list, even by their critera. 

Yup, I admit I didn't read the opening paragraph and just jumped to the list. As it is I understand the choices IGN made much more now and Red's post here. Though, I would not use the word "best" to describe what IGN has chosen though the choices would meet one definition of the word. Just seems to me that's a very small aspect of the word "best".
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#42 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

Shinobishyguy

Amen to that, Kakashi is badass.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

fabz_95

Amen to that, Kakashi is badass.

Yep, he can kick your butt while reading a book.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Redmoonxl2

So, are you arguing that impact and popularity are what dictate "best"?

I would also say that most forms of art and entertainment are just big of offenders as Anime when it comes to "narrative" as you put it. I'm guessing that's a shot at the simplistic form of just conveying a work of fiction wrapped nicely in a bow to the viewer? I'd agree most anime is highly derivative.Ibacai

O hai, Mr. ILIKETOPUTWORDSINPEOPLESMOUTHS, how are we doing today? I see the profession of your namesake is being put into great usage!

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Redmoonxl2

[QUOTE="IGN"]Our criteria for selection involved a little bit of everything – each character's lasting fame, the impact they had on the medium and their particular genre at the time, the depth and quality of their realization on screen, and of course, a little bit of personal taste. Everyone out there has their own damned opinion, of course, so have a look at ours, and then feel free to share yours afterwards.sonicmj1

Impact and popularity were major critera in the selections on IGN's list.

Oh, well, lookie here. Looks like I was on the ball when it came to what this list actually represented! To be quite honest, I overlooked it as well.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ibacai

[QUOTE="Ibacai"]So, are you arguing that impact and popularity are what dictate "best"?

I would also say that most forms of art and entertainment are just big of offenders as Anime when it comes to "narrative" as you put it. I'm guessing that's a shot at the simplistic form of just conveying a work of fiction wrapped nicely in a bow to the viewer? I'd agree most anime is highly derivative.Redmoonxl2

O hai, Mr. ILIKETOPUTWORDSINPEOPLESMOUTHS, how are we doing today? I see the profession of your namesake is being put into great usage!

I was actually asking for clarification because I didn't understand... :| I wasn't trying to come off hostile or put words in your mouth. It's just the written word does not convey my emotion of curiosity.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Redmoonxl2
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]

[QUOTE="Ibacai"]So, are you arguing that impact and popularity are what dictate "best"?

I would also say that most forms of art and entertainment are just big of offenders as Anime when it comes to "narrative" as you put it. I'm guessing that's a shot at the simplistic form of just conveying a work of fiction wrapped nicely in a bow to the viewer? I'd agree most anime is highly derivative.Ibacai

I was actually asking for clarification because I didn't understand... :|

Well, considering that "best" is subjective at best (lulz), I find it stupid to get butthurt when a list contains a Naruto or a Goku to begin with. People will name a thousand names and swear by them like the holy word without care of how other factors may play a part in such a decision. Then when you get into the issue of depth, oh lord, watch yourself. 

"Oh, this guy went through the heartache of being an orphan and grew up to be the greatest mecha pilot ever and devoted to the common man even when that alien chick tried to use him in her plans!"

"Well, my favorite guy went through all that, got corrupted by a demon, AND broke free from the demon's grasp, obtaining all his powers without killing anyone! He's so much better!"

It's the stupid crap sane people's nightmares are made of. Not to belittle you anime fans, but I have a hard time taking things seriously when character discussions revolve around things like this.  In other words, IGN went the correct route by objectively measuring the impact on anime in general, which is why Astro Boy and Goku are high up on the list; Their influence as character types are still being felt today. If you want to argue which character is better because he or she slept with his baby's demon mama and how he/she delt with that in a world ending scenario, you're kind of missing the point of such a list.

By the way, I agree that other forms of art and entertainment are even bigger offenders than anime in narrative. Have you seen paintings throughout history? No character development at all! A still life flower?! THIS TELLS ME NOTHING OF PLOT! (Yes, I'm being kind of silly here.)

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Redmoonxl2

I wasn't trying to come off hostile or put words in your mouth. It's just the written word does not convey my emotion of curiosity.Ibacai

Also, don't mind me. I've had the Pike of Life shoved up my exiting back door for several weeks. If I sound snappy, it be the pike.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ibacai
[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]

I would also say that most forms of art and entertainment are just big of offenders as Anime when it comes to "narrative" as you put it. I'm guessing that's a shot at the simplistic form of just conveying a work of fiction wrapped nicely in a bow to the viewer? I'd agree most anime is highly derivative.Redmoonxl2

I was actually asking for clarification because I didn't understand... :|

Well, considering that "best" is subjective at best (lulz), I find it stupid to get butthurt when a list contains a Naruto or a Goku to begin with. People will name a thousand names and swear by them like the holy word without care of how other factors may play a part in such a decision. Then when you get into the issue of depth, oh lord, watch yourself.

"Oh, this guy went through the heartache of being an orphan and grew up to be the greatest mecha pilot ever and devoted to the common man even when that alien chick tried to use him in her plans!"

"Well, my favorite guy went through all that, got corrupted by a demon, AND broke free from the demon's grasp, obtaining all his powers without killing anyone! He's so much better!"

It's the stupid crap sane people's nightmares are made of. Not to belittle you anime fans, but I have a hard time taking things seriously when character discussions revolve around things like this. In other words, IGN went the correct route by objectively measuring the impact on anime in general, which is why Astro Boy and Goku are high up on the list; Their influence as character types are still being felt today. If you want to argue which character is better because he or she slept with his baby's demon mama and how he/she delt with that in a world ending scenario, you're kind of missing the point of such a list.

By the way, I agree that other forms of art and entertainment are even bigger offenders than anime in narrative. Have you seen paintings throughout history? No character development at all! A still life flower?! THIS TELLS ME NOTHING OF PLOT! (Yes, I'm being kind of silly here.)

Beyond silly there Makki as I never claimed Naruto or Goku as not deserving spots on the list in this thread. Hello pot.... As for me being butthurt, it was over dramatization on my part. Guilty, want to point out any other idiosyncrasies? I have plenty that are quite silly. :P And as for narrative I was assuming you would realize I meant forms of art and entertainment that would actually fall under the definition. My fault there as I was asking for clarification I gave none. Talking more about movies, tv shows, music, comics, and books. Astro Boy for the win by the way. :D

[QUOTE="Ibacai"]I wasn't trying to come off hostile or put words in your mouth. It's just the written word does not convey my emotion of curiosity.Redmoonxl2

Also, don't mind me. I've had the Pike of Life shoved up my exiting back door for several weeks. If I sound snappy, it be the pike.

Pfft....You're fine there good buddy. ;) No need to explain anything as I didn't take offense to anything you wrote. I actually like discussing practically anything here GUFU and just agreeing is boring.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

I would like to mention that some of the generalizations of anime would be similar to saying every FPS is a bland and mindless shoot and run, and that every RPG is an amnesiac trying to save the world.

I fully understand why the list is what it is, but unfounded bashing of anime isn't cool either, most people know like a handful of the older great titles and assume everything after that just became generic and stupid, as to avoid having a real opinion, I'm not targeting this at any specific person, just some general thoughts.