Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts
What with the trilogy ending what is next for the Metroid universe? will we see another Metroid on the wii and if so how do we want to see it?
Majura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Majura
Member since 2006 • 3074 Posts

Hmm, good one. Off course, we, as Nintendo fans, can't sleep easy untill a new Metroid has been announched.

Well, if it's forthe Wii, we should stick to the Prime-type first-person view. And without the respawning enemies off course.

Not having played any Prime after the first one, which I disliked, I can't say much more on the subject. I guess the developpers just have to read the reviews on what can be improved.

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Foolz3h
Hmm, how about on the DS then? Should we continue with the Hunter's type control system or perhaps even go back to 2d?
DIMANICUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 DIMANICUS
Member since 2007 • 351 Posts
I was (and am still) not fussed about Metroid. The Wii might do good to have a another spinoff though.
toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts
What about a new 2D game for Wii Ware?
Avatar image for lorddarkness122
lorddarkness122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 lorddarkness122
Member since 2007 • 128 Posts
i never played metroid before srry
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Hmm, how about on the DS then? Should we continue with the Hunter's type control system or perhaps even go back to 2d?Foolz3h

If any game comes out for the DS, I seriously hope that it's a 2D game like Metroid Fusion. I really, really tried to get into Hunters, but it just wasn't happening. The controls just didn't work for me. Which is really saying something for me, because I love Metroid. I mean, I really love Metroid. It's about ten heads and shoulders above any other game series in my books.

I see no reason why a game absolutely has to be in full 3D; a well-made side-scroller can be just as entertaining as an FPS. I think we're focusing way, way too much on throwing graphics on something where they don't belong while ignoring the ultimate question behind any video game: is it fun?

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Foolz3h

[QUOTE="Foolz3h"]Hmm, how about on the DS then? Should we continue with the Hunter's type control system or perhaps even go back to 2d?GabuEx

If any game comes out for the DS, I seriously hope that it's a 2D game like Metroid Fusion. I really, really tried to get into Hunters, but it just wasn't happening. The controls just didn't work for me. Which is really saying something for me, because I love Metroid. I mean, I really love Metroid. It's about ten heads and shoulders above any other game series in my books.

I see no reason why a game absolutely has to be in full 3D; a well-made side-scroller can be just as entertaining as an FPS. I think we're focusing way, way too much on throwing graphics on something where they don't belong while ignoring the ultimate question behind any video game: is it fun?

Don't strangle me but I must admit I've never played a 2d Metroid. I've never played Hunters for that matter either!

I have to agree about 2d vs 3d though, there's absolutely nothing wrong with 2d games and to this day I still prefer 2d platformers to 3d ones.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GabuEx

Don't strangle me but I must admit I've never played a 2d Metroid. I've never played Hunters for that matter either!

Foolz3h

Well it's never too late to start. :P

DIMANICUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 DIMANICUS
Member since 2007 • 351 Posts
I haven't played any Metroid (much like MGS, FF and Silent Hill), and I suppose I could always get into them, but tbh, I've never played Resident Evil up until I bought 3 (GC) and 4 (Wii) and now I'm hooked and need to buy the other GC versions to play on Wii. But Metroid still doesnt really appeal to me for some reason, it just looks like a weak, Nintendian shooter IMHO.
Majura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Majura
Member since 2006 • 3074 Posts
Like said before, I didn't like Prima at all. I DID play Fusion however. Also, I finished it, but didn't really enjoy it. Perhaps I am not the type for the 'metroidvania' genre. I do remember what pissed me of most: CHEAP HIDDEN PASAWAYS!
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GabuEx

[Metroid] just looks like a weak, Nintendian shooter IMHO.DIMANICUS

INCORRECT

The Metroid Primes are three of the most atmospheric, immersive games I've ever played. With Samus' scan visor, you can basically get as little or as much of the backstory behind each place you go to and as little or as much information about all of the creatures you come across as you like - and believe me, there is a lot of stuff to find. The most interesting part about the games is that a lot of the story is entirely optional - it's all there if you want to find it, but you don't have to bother if you don't feel like it.

Of course, that's only the Metroid Primes. I like the 2D games even more; they's some of the most well-constructed platformer/shooter hybrids to ever grace the face of the planet. There's so much stuff to find and all the words are so well-constructed that they just suck you right in. Seriously, if you've never played a Metroid game, you owe it to yourself to find Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, or Metroid Prime and go play that sucker right now.

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Foolz3h

Don't forget that though the story in both games might not be Tolkien it's wonderfully told. ;)

(I say both games as I'm not finding the same case with the third.)