skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1 skrutop
Member since 2002 • 2262 Posts

I posted this on the Ask Gamespot! board by accident.  I wanted to get some more discussion, so I copied it over: 

So the 80's song pack for Guitar Hero was officially announced today, and there's already rumors about a metal song pack coming out. These are great ideas from a money-making standpoint, and no doubt it'll be fun and amusing to play most of these songs.

But I wonder how good any of the music from any of these add-ons will be. Sure, there's some stinkers in GH and GH2, but there's also classics like Freebird and Smoke on the Water. Would Neversoft save their best stuff for the proper GH sequels, or might they put some classics in these add-ons? I would love to play "Master of Puppets", which is both metal and from 80's, any way that I can get it, but I would expect the developers would probably throw it in Guitar Hero before slapping it with the the 80's or metal tracks like "I Ran" or "Holy Diver".

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts

I posted this on the Ask Gamespot! board by accident.  I wanted to get some more discussion, so I copied it over: 

So the 80's song pack for Guitar Hero was officially announced today, and there's already rumors about a metal song pack coming out. These are great ideas from a money-making standpoint, and no doubt it'll be fun and amusing to play most of these songs.

But I wonder how good any of the music from any of these add-ons will be. Sure, there's some stinkers in GH and GH2, but there's also classics like Freebird and Smoke on the Water. Would Neversoft save their best stuff for the proper GH sequels, or might they put some classics in these add-ons? I would love to play "Master of Puppets", which is both metal and from 80's, any way that I can get it, but I would expect the developers would probably throw it in Guitar Hero before slapping it with the the 80's or metal tracks like "I Ran" or "Holy Diver".

skrutop
True i hope there not just crap music i hate to say it but about 30 percent of guitar hero 2 songs were stinkers (GH 1 was alot better) anyway i hope they save songs like TNT by AC/DC for GH III cause i don't want to buy a game with the same type of songs that GH 2 had
Kodai_kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Kodai_kun
Member since 2005 • 1413 Posts
The Song packs are just focused. Yes, I believe they'd save a AAA song for a proper sequel, but it's a different product. the main Guitar Hero games are going to be more diverse in selection
Kodai_kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Kodai_kun
Member since 2005 • 1413 Posts
The Song packs are just focused. Yes, I believe they'd save a AAA song for a proper sequel, but it's a different product. the main Guitar Hero games are going to be more diverse in selection
firebird23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 firebird23
Member since 2005 • 4752 Posts
I'd like it if they went for the genre specific downloadable content route. There are plenty of death metal songs I'm sure alot of my friends and their friends and theirs and so on would pay to play. There would be huge money in that.