JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts

GameSpot game nights have returned! We'll be filling up a game night schedule here soon, but in the meantime, you all know what the return of game nights for the year means, right? It means a celebration trivia not long after the first game night of the year!

After the live webcast of On the Spot, some of the GameSpot staff plan to jump into a game of MORTAL KOMBAT!. To participate, all you have to do is jump in the chatroom to share your in-game names with Staff.

US Date: April 21
US Time:
5:00 p.m. PT
GameSpot Staff: 
Ryan Mac Donald, Giancarlo Varanini, Maxwell McGee, and Synthia Weirese. But, I'll see if I can grab some more staff on the way!

Here's how to participate.

Step 1)Visit the chatroom. If you have any problems loading this chatroom visit java.com to download the most recent version.

Step 2) Be sure to change your font color in the chatroom with the following:

PS3 players will use blue text.
X360 players will use green text.

By changing your font color staff and other GameSpot members will know the platform you plan to play. 

Step 3) Staff will be in the chatroom sharing their ingame names or requesting your ingame name. The first 15 minutes is often us sharing the ingame names so we thank you ahead of time for your patience. Once the name exchanges are complete,  staff members hosting each game will begin matches.

If you show up late please note that there might be a little wait time in the chatroom in between games. Just be sure to share with other players idling in the chatroom that you plan to play a certain game. That way, if you step away from viewing the chatroom you can have other players sharing that you are interested in playing! Once staff return from the game we'll likely see if anyone else wants to join prior to starting another match in the game. 

Time zone differences?

Check the time zone converter to see what time it will be for you. 

Planning to participate?

Share which platform you plan to play ahead of.

What do you get?

You get to show off your mad MK skillz, but we'll also grant a 2011 Game Night emblem. If you can't participate in this game night, we'll also have a game night trivia later on to give other GameSpotters a chance to receive the game night celebration emblem if they don't own a PS3 or X360, but maybe they LOVE them some MORTAL KOMBAT.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#2 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I'll have it for the 360
bowlingotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#3 bowlingotter
Member since 2005 • 6464 Posts
Thanks for sending a telegram out for this!
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#4 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

I don't plan to buy the game so I won't be participating, but have fun everyone. I'll drop by the chat most likely.

Thanks for sending a telegram out for this!bowlingotter

I didn't get a telegram!

[Edit]

Just a side note to everyone. If you want continue playing games with the Gamespot staff, make sure you come out and support the game nights. That may sound a little reduntant, but in the past there have been game nights where it seemed like a lot of people were interested, but then not many showed up. The Gamespot staff take time out of their days to play with us and we should show that we appreciiate them for that. It takes effort for the community manager(s) to get the staff together and set this up and I'm sure they wouldn't be happy if they did all that and no one shows up. Let this be a great year for game nights as it has always been!

lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lim_ak
Member since 2003 • 1545 Posts
I probably won't be playing in this one, not a massive MK fan but I'll drop by the chat and see how folk are doing!
KillerLiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 KillerLiew
Member since 2005 • 619 Posts
Is the Game Night only available for North America region?
Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
That sucks... i have to work till 10pm :cry:
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RealKilla_789

Is the Game Night only available for North America region? KillerLiew

Nope, anyone is welcome.

WorldOfHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 WorldOfHurt
Member since 2006 • 5397 Posts

Sorry, not been a fan of brawlers since Tekken 3 so I will be sitting this one out, but I will try to drop by the chat.

Glad to see game night rolling again though, it's been a while :)

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

Game doesn't release until Friday here, but if I decide to get it (most likely tbh) then I can always preorder it which usually results in me getting it on a thursday.

I'll probably drop by the chatroom either way :] 

kevb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kevb84
Member since 2005 • 703 Posts

I'm in now if only I could get good within 2 days. hehe (emoticons never seem to work on here for me anymore)

Sidburn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sidburn19  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 4715 Posts

MK doesn't come out here until Friday, so I can't play, but I will be in the chat rooting for players

Scalper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Scalper
Member since 2002 • 437 Posts

I'm planning on renting it for the PS3 and buying it after the price drops($60 seems to much for this kind of game).

But with PSN being down maybe I should get the 360 version.

What happens if PSN is down all day?

kevb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kevb84
Member since 2005 • 703 Posts

Seems like PSN may be down all day. Well at least I can still drop by the chat.

And I rented it as well if you don't buy the online pass you do get a 2 day trial good thing I didn't start mine yet.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
I was led here via a link from RealKilla_789's PM. I'm not interested (or don't even have) Mortal Kombat, but I do have Portal 2 (PC) and would like to join that, but I see no information here as for how to do so.
Sidburn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sidburn19  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 4715 Posts

I was led here via a link from RealKilla_789's PM. I'm not interested (or don't even have) Mortal Kombat, but I do have Portal 2 (PC) and would like to join that, but I see no information here as for how to do so.tjoeb123

As soon as me and realkilla get more information we will post more details soon as possible. Make sure you join the game night chat room for full detailson how to get into match with staff and other players

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#17 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Good night. I beat Fiddle, I made River cry with a babality, toastied Scalper, and won a poster.
mamelon2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mamelon2012
Member since 2011 • 309 Posts
Had a blast! Went 1-1 with fiddlecub which I guess I am happy with :) Thanks everyone for playing. im HanzPumpsYouUP on XBL if anyone wants to play send me a PM.
MUR1217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MUR1217
Member since 2010 • 229 Posts

Just a side note to everyone. If you want continue playing games with the Gamespot staff, make sure you come out and support the game nights. That may sound a little reduntant, but in the past there have been game nights where it seemed like a lot of people were interested, but then not many showed up. The Gamespot staff take time out of their days to play with us and we should show that we appreciiate them for that. It takes effort for the community manager(s) to get the staff together and set this up and I'm sure they wouldn't be happy if they did all that and no one shows up. Let this be a great year for game nights as it has always been! RealKilla_789

Respect what you have written and feel it is right but most of the people didnot recommended Mortal Kombat for the gamenight in the  Game Night 2011 Recommendations.

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RealKilla_789

[QUOTE="RealKilla_789"]Just a side note to everyone. If you want continue playing games with the Gamespot staff, make sure you come out and support the game nights. That may sound a little reduntant, but in the past there have been game nights where it seemed like a lot of people were interested, but then not many showed up. The Gamespot staff take time out of their days to play with us and we should show that we appreciiate them for that. It takes effort for the community manager(s) to get the staff together and set this up and I'm sure they wouldn't be happy if they did all that and no one shows up. Let this be a great year for game nights as it has always been! MUR1217

Respect what you have written and feel it is right but most of the people didnot recommended Mortal Kombat for the gamenight in the  Game Night 2011 Recommendations.

I'm sorry, Mortal Kombat had nothing to do with waht I said. I was saying that more in reflection of game nights in the past.

MUR1217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MUR1217

You were saying it at comparitive term I understand it now:oops:

Get a people recommended game on the gamenight and people will be there to respect your work and most importantly enjoy :D

This year would surely be better than before.Try getting a feedback from people it might help you solve the problem of less people showing up.

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RealKilla_789

Get a people recommended game on the gamenight and people will be there to respect your work and most importantly enjoy :D

This year would surely be better than before.Try getting a feedback from people it might help you solve the problem of less people showing up.

MUR1217

You know what, that's a great idea. I created the feedback thread.

MUR1217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MUR1217
[QUOTE="MUR1217"]

RealKilla_789

You know what, that's a great idea. I created the feedback thread.

Thanks for the positive response.:D

Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nightmare-_-
Member since 2006 • 17420 Posts
dammit! I wanna to join! :lol: oh well :P
leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts
its too bad that i always wait for games to be on special before i buy them.