Your game collection?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 craigofadown
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

Hi I'm currently very interested in game collections(from one franchise, console, rare games etc.) and I wanted to know, what do you collect?

Please share pics if you have :)

CincySwagGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CincySwagGamer
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Hi I'm currently very interested in game collections(from one franchise, console, rare games etc.) and I wanted to know, what do you collect?

Please share pics if you have :)

craigofadown
Hey! I have been collecting video games for a while now and just made a youtube channel so I can share my passion Nintendo hand helds and other consoles with others. I figured this was the best forum to sign up with and start getting more involved with the community. To check out my videos just follow this link: http://www.youtube.com/user/CincySwagGamer I already have my gameboy collection up as well as a video where I discuss my favorite game music and artwork. Soon I will be posting my N64 collection which includes just under 100 games. I think you would enjoy them. Thanks, CincySwagGamer
craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 craigofadown

Wow that's impressive, recently I've been buying and selling legacy games and consoles. I love the idea of building my own collection whilst helping others develop their's. :)

craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craigofadown

I can't believe you got pokemon crystal! I loved that game but I have no idea where it is now :(

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#5 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

uk.gamespot.com/users/self/games_table?mode=own

with the exception of 2 games I think (Rampo and Digital Dance Mix on the Saturn) all of my games are in list

craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 craigofadown

with the exception of 2 games I think (Rampo and Digital Dance Mix on the Saturn) all of my games are in list

Darkman2007

This just shows me my collection :L

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

craigofadown

This just shows me my collection :L

uk.gamespot.com/users/self/games_table?platform=&user=Darkman2007&mode=own how about now?
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I just started collecting games in 2011, so my collection is quite small. I traded in and sold everything I had around 2005. I didn't have any of the rare systems, but I had systems like NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1, N64, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Dreamcast, PSP, DS, DS Lite, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, Sega Game Gear, and a bunch of games for each platform.

This gen, I started from scratch, and even traded in a lot of what I had from this gen, including various Wii, PS3 and 360 games. It wasn't until 2011 that I adopted a no trade/sell policy for myself, and actually started holding onto games for the long haul. It's also the year that I started buying retro games and consoles, a lot of which is stuff that I used to have from the past. I have only gone as far as patching up my losses dating back to the fifth generation, with systems like PS1 and N64, so my current collection is not really a good indication of how long I have been gaming for.

The boxes consist of extra consoles I have. They aren't all clearly labeled, but they include a PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox 360, PS3 Slim, Wii, and 2 Xbox originals. I do quite a bit of PC gaming, although admittedly not nearly as much as I used to ever since I quit playing World of Warcraft, but I have some monitor / television combos which I used to use for that, pictured as well.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

love your mario 3ds pouch arkesonic...

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 arkephonic

love your mario 3ds pouch arkesonic...KBFloYd

Thanks. There was a nicer case for the same price, but I needed the Mario one. I'm a huge Mario fan. I am even thinking about getting these collectible boxed Super Mario Galaxy 2 figurines that I saw at Best Buy. There is a special figurine for each power-up form he has in the game, like Cloud Mario, Bumble Bee Mario etc.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#11 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Haha my collection is pretty big... 64 GC games, several Wii games, as well as Xbox 360... and tons of handheld ones.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I have been collecting since about 2009, but my collecting has really amped up over the past year, mostly because I recently have been finding most of my games dirt cheap at thrift stores, flea markets, garage sales, and occasionally Ebay. Right now I have about 400 games, most of which are retro, but I do have a PS3 with 30ish games, and a Wii with about 10 games. I'm not one of those people that buys every game I can get my hands on, but rather I buy stuff that looks interesting or stuff that I have heard is good. By far my most collected console is my PS2 collection which is about 110 games strong, followed by my N64 game collection which has about 50 games. I just love searching for great games, and coming across good stuff randomly for really cheap. It makes collecting much more interesting and affordable.

Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

Amazing PS3 collection... I'll post my collection on Friday, when I have time and some good light.

DSmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 DSmon
Member since 2009 • 2220 Posts

I really started collection in 2008. I would just pick up games at yard sales for like 25 cents to $2 a piece and over time my collection just grew. I estimated the number of games in my collection at ~700 games last year, but I wouldn't be surprise if I'm encroaching the 900 mark. I have about 1/3 of my collection on my gamespot page if anyone wants to check out what games I have. Anyway, here is a (crappy)pic of my whole NES, GEN, N64, 32X, and SEGA CD collection.

Avatar image for generationeight
generationeight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 generationeight
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I used to have a huge and proudly displayed collection of consoles and games not too terribly long ago... then I got married and we had a child. This meant less room, and less money for adding to my collection. This thread has inspired me to dust it all out and at least gather some good photos.... though I'm somewhat lazy and so I probably wont do it anytime soon. I have 8 totes in total of gaming stuff. This includes every Nintendo console (though not all the revised hardware versions) and nearly every Nintendo handheld, I'm missing the DS Lite, DSi,3DS, and GBA Micro. I do have the ALL the old Game Boy revisions, and GBA revisions (except Micro). I DO have both the NES and the Top-Loader NES, too. I also have every Atari interchangeable-cartridge system, including their handheld, the Lynx. Though mine is a model 2, not the original Lynx. It even comes with the 'sand cover', that was designed with the Gulf War in mind, I kid you not. :) Other fun things include all the Sega systems and handhelds, including the American-released Sega devices, and I also have the Japanese-only SG-1000. Have Odyssey 2, Intellivision, Collecovision, Astrocade, Fairchild F, and a bunch more. Downside? I don't get to use them very often since I have a 2 year old and very little time/space to bust them out. The only 'retro systems' that I have never allowed myself to put into storage are my NES, SNS, and Dreamcast. They are still out in my entertainment cabinet actually. I also have my Goldstar 3DO in my bedroom closet because it is still in it's box (which is in VERY good condition) and a NIB- Virtual Boy. I also have an opened Virtual Boy that is in storage. This happened because at one point, when VB was shunned not too long after coming out, Walmart slashed its new price to just $15. I begged my mom for two. One I opened, one I resolved never to open. The unopened Virtual Boy is probably one of the items I'm most proud of, mainly because its the only new-in-box console I have. More than once I've considered selling at least parts of my collection so they can go to people who will display them prominently and give them the love they deserve. At the same time I can't will myself to do it, and admit that once in a while i will still bust out some of the stored systems. In fact I was just messing with my Atari 2600 Junior not too long ago. :) Anyone else have a large collection that they've found they no longer have room for? I often feel guilty, like I should let the poor guys go free. How about you? Do you feel that way? IF I ever do sell any of it, I have resolved to at least keep every Nintendo system (because I bought all of them while they were still current-gen), and probably all the Atari and Sega Systems. Wow, this turned into a novel.
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 arkephonic

I used to have a huge and proudly displayed collection of consoles and games not too terribly long ago... then I got married and we had a child. This meant less room, and less money for adding to my collection. This thread has inspired me to dust it all out and at least gather some good photos.... though I'm somewhat lazy and so I probably wont do it anytime soon. I have 8 totes in total of gaming stuff. This includes every Nintendo console (though not all the revised hardware versions) and nearly every Nintendo handheld, I'm missing the DS Lite, DSi,3DS, and GBA Micro. I do have the ALL the old Game Boy revisions, and GBA revisions (except Micro). I DO have both the NES and the Top-Loader NES, too. I also have every Atari interchangeable-cartridge system, including their handheld, the Lynx. Though mine is a model 2, not the original Lynx. It even comes with the 'sand cover', that was designed with the Gulf War in mind, I kid you not. :) Other fun things include all the Sega systems and handhelds, including the American-released Sega devices, and I also have the Japanese-only SG-1000. Have Odyssey 2, Intellivision, Collecovision, Astrocade, Fairchild F, and a bunch more. Downside? I don't get to use them very often since I have a 2 year old and very little time/space to bust them out. The only 'retro systems' that I have never allowed myself to put into storage are my NES, SNS, and Dreamcast. They are still out in my entertainment cabinet actually. I also have my Goldstar 3DO in my bedroom closet because it is still in it's box (which is in VERY good condition) and a NIB- Virtual Boy. I also have an opened Virtual Boy that is in storage. This happened because at one point, when VB was shunned not too long after coming out, Walmart slashed its new price to just $15. I begged my mom for two. One I opened, one I resolved never to open. The unopened Virtual Boy is probably one of the items I'm most proud of, mainly because its the only new-in-box console I have. More than once I've considered selling at least parts of my collection so they can go to people who will display them prominently and give them the love they deserve. At the same time I can't will myself to do it, and admit that once in a while i will still bust out some of the stored systems. In fact I was just messing with my Atari 2600 Junior not too long ago. :) Anyone else have a large collection that they've found they no longer have room for? I often feel guilty, like I should let the poor guys go free. How about you? Do you feel that way? IF I ever do sell any of it, I have resolved to at least keep every Nintendo system (because I bought all of them while they were still current-gen), and probably all the Atari and Sega Systems. Wow, this turned into a novel.generationeight

That's cool that you have a NIB Virtual Boy.

I wouldn't say that you are doing your collection a disservice. I don't think you should feel guilty at all for not selling them. In my opinion, you're doing the best possible thing you can for your collection, keeping it in totes so it remains dust free, and not leaving it susceptible to possible damage if your child decided it looked like a toy, lol.

Nah, man, don't feel bad that they aren't getting as much playtime as you think they should be getting. In my personal opinion, I think the best thing anyone can do for retro stuff is just preserve it in the best way possible, to ensure it lives a long and healthy life. That's why I box a lot of my systems up, to keep them protected and dust free.

I also learned a thing or two from some of the hardcore collectors around here. I used to keep my game cases stacked on top of each other horizontally, not all of them, but some of them, and a user here brought to my attention that discs can actually warp overtime if left in that position. So I rearranged all my stuff and now I keep all the discs in their original case and vertical.

It might have an effect, it might not, but it's good info nonetheless. Preservation is the most important thing. There's always the possibility that the person you sell your collection to could treat it like crap, and that would be a bummer.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Some very impressive collections I'm seeing. Love it! Let's see more, people!

Here's link to some pics I took about a year back. I've gotten more and changed things a little, but this gives you an idea, at least:

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=30602

The first post on my first page is pretty much a general view of my collection and mancave. The 2nd page has more detailed pictures of my actual games and consoles. Right now, it's just the extra room in our apartment, so if it looks cramped, that's because it is. We're looking at houses currently, so hopefully I'll get a bigger set-up with an actual couch and coffee table.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 arkephonic

Here's link to some pics I took about a year back. I've gotten more and changed things a little, but this gives you an idea, at least:

The first post on my first page is pretty much a general view of my collection and mancave. The 2nd page has more detailed pictures of my actual games and consoles. Right now, it's just the extra room in our apartment, so if it looks cramped, that's because it is. We're looking at houses currently, so hopefully I'll get a bigger set-up with an actual couch and coffee table.

Emerald_Warrior

Cool stuff, man.

I really like all your video game memorabilia. That is the kind of stuff that I sort of wish I had more of. All I have right now is a few figurines and T-shirts that I got when I worked at Gamestop around 2004. The Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft representatives always used to come in and give us free stuff. The Sony rep was by far the nicest, some totally down to earth chick.

I'm really into Marvel, but I have next to nothing to show for it. After moving a few times, I sort of lost track of it all. It's crazy looking back and realizing how many things got misplaced, or just thrown out. Back when I was younger, I just didn't give a damn about collecting or anything, and I was pretty careless about my stuff, and I kind of wish I had been more careful. Hell, I even lost my first guitar, and looking / thinking back, I don't even know what the hell happened to it.

All those Marvel figurines are sweet, and tons of good games across all those systems, very nice. I especially like that boxed / unopened Resident Evil figurine, which appears to be Tyrant?

Nice collection indeed.

Double_Wide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#19 Double_Wide
Member since 2006 • 1985 Posts

My game collection (needs to be updated, but still fairly recent):

craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 craigofadown

These are some huuuuge collections :o

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Darkman2007

craigofadown
well this is Legacy boards, its where alot of collectors go to , so its to be expected.
Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

This is mad. I only have about 50 games total since I recently cut down on my collection. Some people have that many games on ONE system.

Double_Wide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#23 Double_Wide
Member since 2006 • 1985 Posts

craigofadown

Yeah! These were taken last year too...so I have even more that are unaccounted for in those pictures. Including the PS Vita that I picked up yesterday, my PSP/PS3 downloads, and Dingo A320 that's on its way in the mail.

craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 craigofadown

[QUOTE="craigofadown"]

Darkman2007

well this is Legacy boards, its where alot of collectors go to , so its to be expected.

I just thought collections like this were a lot rarer :o

lordoftheleft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lordoftheleft
Member since 2011 • 151 Posts

I have somewhere around five hundred games. When I was younger I use to sell and trade games a lot which I now regret because if I didn't I'd probably would have had three times as much. It wasn't until 2007 that I started to holding onto stuff.

PS1 is the platform that I think I have the most for. There's some more off to the left side but that's the best angle I could get without moving stuff. Some DC and PSP stuff on the top.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#26 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
I can't really my my collection a collection, most of my games come and go, I do lots of trading/selling/buying, I can't afford to only buy in most cases, only the ones I REALLY like stay.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

arkephonic

Cool stuff, man.

I really like all your video game memorabilia. That is the kind of stuff that I sort of wish I had more of. All I have right now is a few figurines and T-shirts that I got when I worked at Gamestop around 2004. The Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft representatives always used to come in and give us free stuff. The Sony rep was by far the nicest, some totally down to earth chick.

I'm really into Marvel, but I have next to nothing to show for it. After moving a few times, I sort of lost track of it all. It's crazy looking back and realizing how many things got misplaced, or just thrown out. Back when I was younger, I just didn't give a damn about collecting or anything, and I was pretty careless about my stuff, and I kind of wish I had been more careful. Hell, I even lost my first guitar, and looking / thinking back, I don't even know what the hell happened to it.

All those Marvel figurines are sweet, and tons of good games across all those systems, very nice. I especially like that boxed / unopened Resident Evil figurine, which appears to be Tyrant?

Nice collection indeed.

Thanks! The figure collection really isn't much, though. A good number of the unboxed stuff you see is from my childhood, my mom opened up the storage shed and found them in a box. The stuff still in boxes are mostly figures given to me as gifts, because people know I'm a comic book fan. I'm not really an action figure collector, though.

In case you wondering, the pictures of my actual games and consoles are on the 2nd page of that thread. Which I've gotten a little bit more since, those are from about a year back.

NinjaLegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NinjaLegacy
Member since 2012 • 189 Posts

Goodwill is a great place for T-Shirt's i have over 40 gaming shirts and everyone came from a thrift store.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I have 640 games in my collection, got to update the listings at some point.

NES (32 games) Sega Genesis/mega drive (37 games) Super Nes (47 games) Playstation 1 (54 games) Nintendo 64 (31 games) Playstation 2 (142 games) Xbox (32 games) Nintendo gamecube (31 games) GBC (2 games) PSP (63 games) PSP Go (11 DL Games)

482 legacy games for systems/plaforms from the 3rd,4th,5th,6th,Generations of videogames

:shock:The current Generation of systems PS3 (108 games) (2 DL games) Xbox 360 (43 games)(1 DL game) PSvita (4 Games)PSP/PSP go (63 games)(11 DL games.

I am more of a Legacy gamer than current generation

Total number of games 640 from generations 3/4/5/6/7/8

232 current generation games & 566 Legacy games.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

We do have tons of Xbox 360 and Xbox games,but I'm just going to list my Wii,WiiWare,Virtual Console,and Gamecube games for now.I'll list my PS2 and PSP games later.

Wii:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare: Reflex

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Link's Crossbow Training

Metroid Other M

Monster Hunter Tri

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

No More Heroes

No More Heroes 2 Desperate Struggle

Red Steel

Resident Evil

Resident Evil 4

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Spyborgs

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Paper Mario

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Tenchu Shadow Assassins

Wii Sports

WiiWare:

Cave Story

Defend Your Castle

Driift Mania

Fluidity

LIT

Onslaught

Tetris Party

Virtual Console:

Super Mario 64

Super Mario Kart

The Legend of Zelda

The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time

Gamecube:

F-Zero GX

Killer7

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Mario Golf Toadstool Tour

Mario Kart Double Dash

Mario Power Tennis

Star Fox Adventures

Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II

Super Monkey Ball

Super Monkey Ball 2

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Wave Race: Blue Storm

ThE-JoKeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ThE-JoKeR
Member since 2003 • 7632 Posts
I've been collecting for about 6 years now. My banner below my comment takes you to my channel and the intro shows a good portion of my collection. If you like games, I personally find it to be the most enjoyable thing just collecting. You get to relive memories and make new ones with games you didn't know about or systems that were too expensive when they first came out.
skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

The above is an idea of how little space I have, it's a storage bin full of PS1 games that I don't have anywhere to display. Same goes for other games and systems not pictured, like my GB/GBA/GBC collection. My collection is kind of a mish-mash all over my house because of space constraints. But that's the bulk of it.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Emerald_Warrior

^ Absolutely amazing!

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 skooks

^ Absolutely amazing!

Emerald_Warrior
Thanks! :D
craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 craigofadown

I've always wanted to know, how good is ff6? It's the only final fantasy game I havn't played on the playstation 1, no idea why.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Emerald_Warrior

I was pointed to this site by another board I frequent. It' s a great way to keep track of your collection, and to display your games. It has this really neat feature where your collection is shown on a virtual wooden shelf, front covers showing. It looks really nice:

The site won't let me give you a link to it's homepage, because it automatically redirects to my library for me, but at least you guys can see how it looks this way:

http://darkadia.com/member/BurningDoom/library

I'm sure you can get there, though, by just typing Darkadia into a Google search.

And to let anyone know who starts playing around with it, it appears as if you can only choose one platform of the game when adding them to the library at first, however when you click on the games in your library, you can change details including what platform(s) you own the game for.

I also just discovered that I can add pics to my RFGeneration profile, which I've had for a while, so I feel like an idiot. That's another great site to keep track of your collection. It includes stats, too, which is cool. You can see how many games of a certain platform or genre you have. You can see how many accessories or systems you have, and have it all displayed in a bar graph mode:

My RF Generation Profile:

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl#stats

RF Generation Homepage:

http://www.rfgeneration.com/

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I was pointed to this site by another board I frequent. It' s a great way to keep track of your collection, and to display your games. It has this really neat feature where your collection is shown on a virtual wooden shelf, front covers showing. It looks really nice:

The site won't let me give you a link to it's homepage, because it automatically redirects to my library for me, but at least you guys can see how it looks this way:

http://darkadia.com/member/BurningDoom/library

I'm sure you can get there, though, by just typing Darkadia into a Google search.

And to let anyone know who starts playing around with it, it appears as if you can only choose one platform of the game when adding them to the library at first, however when you click on the games in your library, you can change details including what platform(s) you own the game for.

I also just discovered that I can add pics to my RFGeneration profile, which I've had for a while, so I feel like an idiot. That's another great site to keep track of your collection. It includes stats, too, which is cool. You can see how many games of a certain platform or genre you have. You can see how many accessories or systems you have, and have it all displayed in a bar graph mode:

My RF Generation Profile:

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl#stats

RF Generation Homepage:

http://www.rfgeneration.com/

Emerald_Warrior

Wow, thanks for posting this. I have been looking for a site to organize my collection on for some time now and Darkadia is just what I was looking for! I know you can kind of do it on here, but I like being to physically see my games on a digital shelf :p

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 skooks

I've always wanted to know, how good is ff6? It's the only final fantasy game I havn't played on the playstation 1, no idea why.

craigofadown
It's one of my favourites, awesome story, music and characters. Track it down, it's well worth it!