Your All Time Favorite Gaming Quotes?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Prince_Rhymz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Prince_Rhymz
Member since 2012 • 107 Posts
Hi guys. Was just wondering what ur Favorite quotes were from videogames? Il go first .. As well as the one in my sig: "Thank you Mario!, but our princess is in another castle" - Super Mario Bros. Absolute classic! And Brings back a lot of memories for me :p
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Max Payne lines tend to be cheesy, if memorable, but the beginning (and end) of Max Payne 3 had one great quote that seems to sum up Max's unfortunate skills and life. There's another thread where I pretty much said them all, but this one is one I like to repeat.

"So I guess I'd become what they wanted me to be, a killer. Some rent-a-clown with a gun who puts holes in other bad guys. Well, that's what they had paid for so in the end, that's what they got. Say what you want about Americans, but we understand capitalism. You buy yourself a product and you get what you pay for, and these chumps had paid for some angry gringo without the sensibilities to know right from wrong. Here I was about to execute this poor bastard like some dime-store angel of death and I realized, they were correct. I wouldn't know right from wrong if one of them was helping the poor and the other was banging my sister." - Max Payne

genius2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 genius2365
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts
''You, big, stupid, jellyfish! '' Mass Effect 3 ''We face our enemy together, and together we will defeat the Reapers!'' Mass Effect 3 ''I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favorite spot on the Citadel'' Mass Effect 3 ''I've had enough of your tabloid journalism!'' Mass Effect 3 ''Stand fast, stand strong, stand together. Hackett out'' Mass Effect 3 and my favorite from ME3 ''Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong!'' Mass Effect 3 That's all I can think of, at any rate (+1 if you catch the reference)
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Richter: "Die, monster! You don't belong in this world!" Dracula: "It is not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was brought here by humans who wish to pay me tribute." Richter: "Tribute? You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!" Dracula: "Perhaps the same could be said of all religions..." Richter: "Your words are as empty as your soul. Mankind ill needs a savior such as you." Dracula: "What is a man!?" [tosses goblet, which breaks] Dracula: "A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!"
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

"You came for Demon Souls? Or to save this land, and be remembered as a Hero? Bah, it's all the same. You're just another prisoner of the Nexus. We're welcome here as long as we keep slashing up Demons. Hahahahah" -Crestfallen Warrior, Demon's Souls

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts
I actually use it in my email: If this is the land of the free, let's start with our pants - Barry Stark (GTA:VC)
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

The quote that was in my signature untill I changed it recently.

"If you keep thinking about little things, you'll stay a little person" Moses Sandor. From Tales of Legendia.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#8 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Richter: "Die, monster! You don't belong in this world!" Dracula: "It is not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was brought here by humans who wish to pay me tribute." Richter: "Tribute? You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!" Dracula: "Perhaps the same could be said of all religions..." Richter: "Your words are as empty as your soul. Mankind ill needs a savior such as you." Dracula: "What is a man!?" [tosses goblet, which breaks] Dracula: "A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!"Zeviander

This. Although I was just going to say "What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets?" but Zeviander's version is better.

mlevenimed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mlevenimed
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
"Yes, we will destroy god. That is our purpose... That is our destiny" What meaning is there in having control of a planet as insignificant as this? God has given us the right to rule over the universe. "God? Who said you'd be God? What impertinence! We are humans. We were created to be terminal interfaces of God. It is the same for you, who were once humans. Man cannot become God. We can only entrust ourselves to God"
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

Richter: "Die, monster! You don't belong in this world!" Dracula: "It is not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was brought here by humans who wish to pay me tribute." Richter: "Tribute? You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!" Dracula: "Perhaps the same could be said of all religions..." Richter: "Your words are as empty as your soul. Mankind ill needs a savior such as you." Dracula: "What is a man!?" [tosses goblet, which breaks] Dracula: "A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!"Zeviander

Yes, I love the dialogue in that particular scene in SOTN. I've played it so much I know all the dialogue by heart. :P

One of my personal favorites:

Ovelia: "So, who are you? Friend or foe?"

Delita: "Human, just like you!"

- FF Tactics

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

Mine is from a trailer for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.

"I am a soldier. I've served my country for 20 years. But if I'm captured or killed I know that nobody will come to rescue me. I won't even get a funeral. Because the nation that I protect can never admit that I exist. So my death would go unremarked, my bones would go unclaimed. I don't know if that day will come, but I do know... that it must not be today"

- Sam Fisher

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#13 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

"Yeah, well, stick around-- I'm full of bad ideas."-- Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 2. That's one of my favorites.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#14 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

"Yeah, well, stick around-- I'm full of bad ideas."-- Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 2. That's one of my favorites.

Prince_Rhymz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Prince_Rhymz
Vulcan Raven: "You are a Snake which was not created by Nature. You and the Boss... you are from another world... a world that I do not wish to know..." - MGS1
fanaticsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 fanaticsm
Member since 2010 • 90 Posts

"Same $hit Different Day" = MW2

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

"I Am Error" - Zelda 2

"Metal Gear!?" - MGS

Any Ellis monologue from L4D2

"That was too close, you were almost a Jill sandwich." - Resident Evil

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum...and I'm all out of gum." - Duke Nukem

Thats all i can think of at any rate.

Obviously the quote in my sig and any Damon Baird quote.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

"Elena Fisher, last year's model" - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

"There are those that said this day would never come, what are they to say now?" -Halo 2 Prophet of Truth

"Fate had us meet as foes, but this ring will make us brothers!" -Halo 2 Gravemind

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

?Didn?t we have some fun though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said ?Goodbye? and you were like ?NO WAY!? and then I was all ?We pretended we were going to murder you?? That was great." - GLadDOS

"So - here you are. Theseus, at last. Welcome. Scant reward for so much effort, eh. Crack the labyrinth, and you would at least expect to see the Minotaur before it kills you. Ah well, it seems only fair. Come, then. Masks off. I am here. Shocked? I would be. I'd revel in it, if I were you: that sudden jump of the pulse, the cram of flight or fight chemicals into the belly. So sweet while it lasts. But it's been so very long since I felt any of it. A century or more since my pleasures were anything but cerebral. I took the path Karl Rasch refused, the cold road to immortality. I'd hope to wear Prophet's suit myself. Take on the weapons he brought us, wear his armor. Enter the labyrinth and confront the minotaur. But now... You. You will have to finish what Prophet began." - Hargreave,Crysis 2

Finish Him! - MK announcer

"You reap what you sow, Artyom: force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death. To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without any thought or doubt." - Kahn, metro 2033

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
"What can change the nature of a man?" I really, really need to play Planescape: Torment again...
Prince_Rhymz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Prince_Rhymz
Nice guys! some of these giving me chills when. I remember them!
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#24 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

"Man, what a bunch of jokers!"-Reyn, Xenoblade

"Do a barrel roll!"-Peppy, Star Fox 64

Pretty much everything Pit says in Brawl

Sagacious_Tien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#25 Sagacious_Tien
Member since 2005 • 12562 Posts

GLaDOS: Oh it's you.

Wheatley: You know her?!

GLaDOS: It's been a long time. How have you been? I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you murdered me.

Wheatley: You did what?!

GLaDOS: Okay. Look. We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Not even death can save you from me. ---diablo, diablo 2. It's the only thing he says and its pretty damn scary.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Not even death can save you from me. ---diablo, diablo 2. It's the only thing he says and its pretty damn scary.
macatmower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 macatmower
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
"Just dance with the one who brought you, alright?" - Chloe, Uncharted 2. "I don't want to die man, not like this!" "How would you like to die?!" Roman & Niko, GTAIV. "I hate vans." - Francis, Left 4 Dead.
Prince_Rhymz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Prince_Rhymz
"One sky, one destiny" - Sora,, Kingdom Hearts
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
"There was this one time me and my friend Keith..." -Ellis, L4D2 "Aww... I was hoping for a tank!" -Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2(upon opening a crate to find small arms inside) "*incoherent shout of rage* WITLESS PEASANT!!" And, "Look at you: gaudy and common. Like your country." -Baron Wolfgang von Strucker, Captain America: Super Soldier.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#32 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts

Winner
"When in doubt, just start blowing s*** up." (Resistance: Retribution)

Runner-ups
"I've sent my right hand to dispose of you." "Your right hand comes off?" (Resident Evil 4)
"You'd better take good care of me, I was stuffed with that girl's love." "Really?" "No, that was a total bull." (Ar Tonecilo 3)
"Who's there?" "Land shark! *breaks door down* I'm Jack Slate, b****!" (Dead to Rights 2)
"Don't stop me, darling! Just let me dieeeee!" (Valkyria Chronicles 2)

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
[QUOTE="Zeviander"]Richter: "Die, monster! You don't belong in this world!" Dracula: "It is not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was brought here by humans who wish to pay me tribute." Richter: "Tribute? You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!" Dracula: "Perhaps the same could be said of all religions..." Richter: "Your words are as empty as your soul. Mankind ill needs a savior such as you." Dracula: "What is a man!?" [tosses goblet, which breaks] Dracula: "A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!"

The most famous dialogue in videogame history? I submit that this is so.
Hughmanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Hughmanoid
Member since 2012 • 58 Posts
All your base are belong to us - Zero Wing.
bjvill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35 bjvill
Member since 2011 • 152 Posts
"Uh oh! The truck have started to move!" Metal Gear " I sense a soul in search of answers." Diablo "War. War never changes." Fallout
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

?Didn?t we have some fun though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said ?Goodbye? and you were like ?NO WAY!? and then I was all ?We pretended we were going to murder you?? That was great." - GLadDOS

seanmcloughlin

Lol... some great lines in that game. Briliant stuff!

Some of the most memorable lines for me came from Bioshock, such as:

- "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city, as well."

- "I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky. But there is something more powerful in each of us, a combination of our efforts, a great chain of industry that unites us. But it is only when we struggle in our own interests that the chain pulls society in the right direction. The chain is too powerful and too mysterious for any government to guide. Any man who tells you differently either has his hand in your pocket or a pistol to your neck."

Brilliant stuff.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
"Would you kindly"
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

"When I look at the president, I can't see myself climbing the corporate ladder. To be a manager, you've got to be an inhuman, heartless villain. This trait allows them to flog their dedicated workers without mercy and still sleep at night. I feel that same merciless cruelty radiating from this metallic altar. I wonder if it was once used for dark, unspeakable ceremonies. Or perhaps it was once the desk of a corporate boss. We'll never know..."

Captain Olimar's observasions on a lemon juicer from Pikmin 2

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#39 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

A lot of what Andrew Ryan says in Bioshock is memorable, including his many monologues.

My personal favourites though:

"A man chooses, a slave obeys"

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us"

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

I can't really remember any except: