Your 2011 Game of the Year

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Solid_Sterb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Solid_Sterb
Member since 2010 • 1703 Posts

Dark Souls so far. I still have yet to play many of the games that I'd like to though, such as Skyward Sword, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Super Mario 3D Land, etc.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I refuse to choose between Skyrim, The Witcher 2, and Dark Souls

Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts
That's a tough choice; Deus Ex: HR, Portal 2, The Witcher 2, Dark Souls, and Tactics Ogre are at the top of my list. I have enjoyed all these games and I honestly couldn't pick. . .
Auron_X2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Auron_X2099
Member since 2003 • 3370 Posts

My GOTY would be Batman Arkham City.

AuzzieGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 AuzzieGunner
Member since 2011 • 43 Posts

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

[QUOTE="Helghast_Merc"]

I am gonna have to go with Rage. The game not only looks stunning, but it is incredibly fun.

lpjazzman220

I totally agree this game is being overlooked and there are too many gamers bashing the game.

thats cause the tech for it was horribly implemented on pc...only works on nvidia(cuda cores ftw right?)...or a top of the line cpu...h*** i have an i7 and i get texture pop in like its goin out of style...but it runs solid other than that...i just didnt like the fact that it was a linear game that played at bein open world

I have an i5 and I found that if you turn on Anti-Aliaising and V-sync the screen tearing was eliminated. Assuming by texture pop you mean screen tearing?
Anyway, yes it was a game that got overlooked, it was definitely lots of fun but it was too linear for me (for a game played in an open world), but definitely up there in my top 10 or so for 2011.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17700 Posts

Also Skyrim doesn't deserve a single reward.

Vickman178

+1.

My sig/avy speaks for my choice.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

[QUOTE="lpjazzman220"]

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

I totally agree this game is being overlooked and there are too many gamers bashing the game.

AuzzieGunner

thats cause the tech for it was horribly implemented on pc...only works on nvidia(cuda cores ftw right?)...or a top of the line cpu...h*** i have an i7 and i get texture pop in like its goin out of style...but it runs solid other than that...i just didnt like the fact that it was a linear game that played at bein open world

I have an i5 and I found that if you turn on Anti-Aliaising and V-sync the screen tearing was eliminated. Assuming by texture pop you mean screen tearing?
Anyway, yes it was a game that got overlooked, it was definitely lots of fun but it was too linear for me (for a game played in an open world), but definitely up there in my top 10 or so for 2011.

no i mean texture pop-in as in i had hi res textures in front of me and as i turned around i could see the low res textures and it would take a few seconds for the game to cache and load the hi res textures...its a brilliant idea...just was implemented horribly...the fact that u either have to have a nvidia gpu w/cuda cores or rely on ur cpu for loading and caching all of the textures is just beyond stupid...i have a gig of vram for a reason...heck i think the only thing my gpu did was run postprocessing and the rest was cpu side...didnt matter if i had no AA or 8x AA same frames and same texture pop in and my gpu i think maxed at 15% and the friends of mine who have amd gpus said the same thing...well with the execption of the one running a gultown extreme with 2 6970s....but thats just ridiculous

AuzzieGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 AuzzieGunner
Member since 2011 • 43 Posts

[QUOTE="AuzzieGunner"]

[QUOTE="lpjazzman220"]

lpjazzman220

no i mean texture pop-in as in i had hi res textures in front of me and as i turned around i could see the low res textures and it would take a few seconds for the game to cache and load the hi res textures...its a brilliant idea...just was implemented horribly...the fact that u either have to have a nvidia gpu w/cuda cores or rely on ur cpu for loading and caching all of the textures is just beyond stupid...i have a gig of vram for a reason...heck i think the only thing my gpu did was run postprocessing and the rest was cpu side...didnt matter if i had no AA or 8x AA same frames and same texture pop in and my gpu i think maxed at 15% and the friends of mine who have amd gpus said the same thing...well with the execption of the one running a gultown extreme with 2 6970s....but thats just ridiculous

Oh I see. I heard exactly the same things from all AMD users.. I have an Nvidia. There was still a bit of texture-popping though. I dont think it matters how good your specs are, I reckon there would still be some texture popping

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Skyrim.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#60 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

My 2011 Game of the Year: Dead Space 2. A wonderful sequel to Dead Space which only improved an already-great experience!

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#61 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

My 2011 Game of the Year: Dead Space 2. A wonderful sequel to Dead Space which only improved an already-great experience!

MathMattS
I love you. Dead Space 2 is awesome. I love the Dead Space Universe.. I totally forget about this game. I retract my previous post and I'll put Dead Space 2 as my second to Skyrim for GOTY 2011. :)
TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TGM_basic
Member since 2003 • 6299 Posts

Sonic Generations

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#63 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Uncharted 3 or Batman Arkham City, Skyrim is a little too buggy but still good.

ChemicalGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ChemicalGamer
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I go for Battlefield 3!

nero_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 nero_rules
Member since 2008 • 738 Posts

Skyward Sword or Arkham City, I can't decide. And Uncharted 3 is close runner-up. It's been an amazing year!

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#66 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

Xenoblade Chronicles.
Comes pretty close to having everything that I want in an RPG. I went into the game with high expectations and somehow the game still managed to exceed those expectations. Xenoblade may be my favorite game of the generation actually. Of course, I'm a little biased towards RPGs.

Gears of War 3 would have been my second choice this year.

Profiteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 Profiteer
Member since 2011 • 32 Posts

Both the new Witcher game and Portal 2 were fantastic. I loved Oblivion, but Skyrim... hadn't got the same edge to it. I'll still end up wasting weeks of my life on it, but epic battles between a mighty hero and powerful dragons of olde just don't compare to GLADoS singing about how much she hates you.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#68 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Deus Ex and Dead Space 2 were my favorites of the year. Off that list, I'd have to say Arkham City.

lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
uncharted 3! and I haven't even played it yet!
Magnol49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70 Magnol49
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts

Dark Souls. I can't stop playing it.

nbessiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 nbessiner
Member since 2009 • 731 Posts

Dark Souls by far

Hishiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Hishiko
Member since 2005 • 449 Posts
poll is biased
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#73 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
Anyone with a decent PC will consider Witcher 2. CDPR released it DRM-free, made several patches which included free DLCs, plus coordinated with Nvidia on a 3-D graphics fix.
M13L13S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 M13L13S
Member since 2010 • 3819 Posts

Gears of War 3. It was such a major improvement over 2. The story was excelent and the gameplay is simply awesome.

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
The Witcher 2, followed by Skyrim.