Yes it's that question again. Are you a beta gamer.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lorddaggeroff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 0

Poll Yes it's that question again. Are you a beta gamer. (15 votes)

I'm a beta gamer 27%
I'm a non beta gamer 73%

What is a beta gamer you ask?

A beta gamer is someone who buys a game on day one (while either loving it or hating it but never asking the question when does it release after day one)while supporting that product completely by buying:

A)dlc

B)passes

C)update testing

D) bug testing (while racing against hackers)

E) avoiding the end product.

But beta gamers do have something over non beta gamers and that's knowledge, be it good or bad they too decide the fate on what is a final product or a abandoned game.

What is a non beta gamer you ask?

A non beta gamer is someone who doesn't always buy the final product either from past experiences, or rather from good instincts, they act like a connoisseurs who tastes the finest (regardless if it is housed in a plastic bag, call it exceptional taste buds) with out actually tasting it at inflated prices while:

A)waiting for dlc

B)avoiding passes

C)finished updates

D)avoids beta testing(no hackers invading game constantly)

E) willing to wait one extra year for the final product

However non beta gamers do not obtain specific things that could only be obtained at that time of development like: rare beta gamer skin, rare beta gamer car, or even beta gamer match lobby experiences.

• 
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Yes, but it depends on the game. There are some games where I'll love to see how they evolve and develop, but there are other games where I'd rather wait for the final product.

-Byshop

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

....do you mean someone who plays betas? I mean, I've played a lot of betas over the years but it is not a priority. I also rarely buy DLC, most of it is shite anyway.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I figured a Beta gamer was someone who's almost ready to be a gamer but needs some final tweaks and requires some stress tests and bug checks before they can head out to join the others.

jokoloko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By jokoloko
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

I think it is very important to see the mistakes that the beta version has before the game.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Very few games are worth the price of admission to me, so in the last decade I can count the games I bought on day one on one hand. The broken state games are released in these days was the final nail in the coffin.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@soul_starter said:

....do you mean someone who plays betas? I mean, I've played a lot of betas over the years but it is not a priority. I also rarely buy DLC, most of it is shite anyway.

How is it so hard to read an OP? Really? Is the title all you look at?

Either way, as to me, yes, I fit the Beta description very well.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@lorddaggeroff Tend to pre-order games I'm very excited for and wait on a sale/ GOTY edition for games I'm lukewarm over.

So, from your perceptive I am a 'Beta' gamer. However consider I actually play Betas and Alphas that statement means little to me, I know what a Beta really is.

An example of this is I was part of Bloodbornes and Dark Soul IIIs Stress Test and enjoyed my time in them as well. You can call all the extra content and refinement the real product but for the games I show interest in that's more of a balance revaluation/ small bugs I never, or rarely encountered.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Some games I buy day one, some games I don’t. Some games I purchase dlc for and some games I don’t. I just buy stuff that interests me. I always stay very well informed on games in general and have been an avid gamer for over 40 years now so I’m quite good at knowing what I’ll like and what I won’t like and I’ve been very satisfied with nearly everything that I purchase for a very long time now. Not really sure what type of gamer that makes me though.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#9 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

I'm an alpha gamer.

Blogstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blogstrum
Member since 2018 • 11 Posts

Definitely a non-beta gamer! I like waiting before buying just in case it's not as good as it seems, or if there are lots of bugs on launch that are eventually worked out. Plus I like getting GOTY editions because it works out much cheaper, and I often feel like I'm getting a more enjoyable experience. The last game I bought on launch day was Halo Reach.

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

... you made all that shit up didn't you

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I used to play alpha and beta versions all the time, since it was great having discussions with the developers about what works, what doesn't work, and seeing features change over development.

I don't really have time for that anymore, so I usually just buy games at launch now. I guess I still Kickstart things though - does that count?

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

Some games, but very few honestly. Last game I can think of that I bought in early access was We Happy Few. Although I did get to mess around in the Yooka Laylee Toybox since I backed it on Kickstarter as well.

Bush_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bush_Dog
Member since 2017 • 294 Posts
@Sam3231 said:

I'm an alpha gamer.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#15 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

I'm a VHS gamer.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

At first I thought you talked about Beta testing game ... those I did a few and always hope the final product to be different ... saddly never happen.

Yes I preorder some games, never buy DLC. Final Fantasy, DOOM, South Park and Persona games I'll preorder.