Year of the glitch...?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

boondockmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 boondockmick
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
With recent games like Grand Theft Auto IV, Mercenaries 2, and now Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, I'm a little worried about future releases. There are quite a few games coming out in the next few months, that look like they could be really amazing, but I'm having second thoughts. It seems like the developers are releasing the games without fully thoroughly testing them. "Does the game load to the main menu?" "Yes." "Okay release it tomorrow." I'd rather wait for a game, than have a quick out the door release with glitches all over it. Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions on the subject.
ArchDuke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ArchDuke1
Member since 2008 • 310 Posts

Me too. I'd rather wait for a game. Look what happened to Stalker Clear Sky.

By the way please check out the topic "Problem with CoD 4".

naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 naju890_963
Member since 2008 • 8954 Posts
Mercinaries 2 was the most glitched game it could have been better if threre were no bugs anyways will see whats gonna happen next.
EvilAshTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EvilAshTwin
Member since 2008 • 690 Posts
I have to agree, ever since Bioshock and MassEffect came out Ive been noticing a serious trend of companies releasing a game knowing its bugged but will then just rely on XBL to patch it later.
warriorsq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 warriorsq
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

Didn't buy Force Unleashed or Mercs2 because of the bugs!

Developers just got the pc mindset of "let any crap out and we can patch it later!"

spentcylinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 spentcylinder
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts

This is why I stopped PC gaming a few years ago. Just about every game I bought needed to be patched! Or it sure seemed that way!

I hope this doesn't start to be a major problem for console games. If it does, I'll probably just stop gaming all together.

Who likes spending money on a product that's defective?

boondockmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 boondockmick
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts

I have to agree, ever since Bioshock and MassEffect came out Ive been noticing a serious trend of companies releasing a game knowing its bugged but will then just rely on XBL to patch it later.

I really agree with this. It seems a lot of game companies are abusing XBL, because they figure they can release it in some DLC, or like you said patch it later, after they get swamped with complaints. They also need to take into consideration, not everyone has XBL.

I also stopped playing PC games, probably about 5-6 months ago. Everytime a new game comes out, you need to upgrade your hardware, and then patch the game numerous times. So, I finally just gave up.

ZenesisX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 ZenesisX
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts
Id have to agree with you on this, clearly these games werent being properly tested in all areas cause if they had, we wouldnt have had to deal with so many bugs.
Pulfasonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pulfasonic
Member since 2008 • 83 Posts

Me too. I'd rather wait for a game. Look what happened to Stalker Clear Sky.

By the way please check out the topic "Problem with CoD 4".

ArchDuke1

Yeah, I was really hoping that game would be stable.