WoW Shadowlands: anyone going back?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Poll WoW Shadowlands: anyone going back? (13 votes)

Yes 38%
No 23%
I play WoW Classic 15%
Maybe later 23%

Well the pre-patch is officially out, giving us class changes, level squish, and questing revamp that I am looking forward to.

I generally go back to WoW with every new expansion and play for a year or two, then give it up. I was an avid WoW player since 2004 when it first came out, but even something like WoW can get old after a few years. I don't imagine this expansion will get me to stick with it this time.

I just hope it is not any worse than Battle for Azeroth.

• 
HankMulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 HankMulder
Member since 2020 • 203 Posts

I do plan on coming back when Shadowlands goes live.

There's currently nothing to do and this prepatch is weak and not worth coming back for.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Never left. Playtime has shrunk though considering this xpac wasn't overly impressive.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Quit about 3 years ago (whenever 110 was max level), and came back a year ago for vanilla which I enjoy. No desire to play retail on any of my toons which sucks because I have over a million gold between them.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

Never left. Playtime has shrunk though considering this xpac wasn't overly impressive.

Kind of how I felt. I would dabble every so often but I didn't even bother to level my alts to max level until just recently. Once my main got to 120 and did some end-game content, I was set haha.

Hoping Shadowlands is more impressive. It definitely seems like it would be a lot more epic, we got Sylvanas which is OG Warcraft lore and who only knows what dead legends we will see out there. Hoping for some nostalgia in there.

@Sevenizz said:

Quit about 3 years ago (whenever 110 was max level), and came back a year ago for vanilla which I enjoy. No desire to play retail on any of my toons which sucks because I have over a million gold between them.

I won't say gold is worthless right now but...it's just so easy to get these days. Unless you're planning on buying one of those uber-rare mounts or something, you don't really even need to try.

You shouldn't feel any regret in that regard :D

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Solaryellow

Considering all of the expansions since vanilla, IMO, nothing compares with WOTLK and although Shadowlands seems promising, I'll remain skeptical. Lich King was something special and very compelling. Panda, Azeroth, etc.,? Ehhh.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

Considering all of the expansions since vanilla, IMO, nothing compares with WOTLK and although Shadowlands seems promising, I'll remain skeptical. Lich King was something special and very compelling. Panda, Azeroth, etc.,? Ehhh.

Yeah WOTLK was my favorite as well. I still like playing in that area, too. Between the undead, the undead vikings, and all the content they added (including some awesome dungeons and raids) it was a lot of fun.

Cataclysm is probably my next favorite. Then Burning Crusade.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Solaryellow

@mrbojangles25 BC and WOTLK were clinics when it came to expansions but I feel Blizzard became complacent. Taking down the Lich King in a 10 man (before LFG/LFR) felt good but it hasn't felt that way in a while as the game has really been focusing on casuals for years. Pugging was fun in as a masochist-like way and now it is gone and has been for a long time.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8209 Posts

Played Vanilla, BC, WOTLK. End game of BC were my favorite times in wow. loved wow but was too busy and quit. Came back to play again during MoP, logged into my account, my 80 troll shaman and 80 undead rouge were gone! contacted blizzard.. they said i most likely got hacked in the 2 years I hadn't been playing and that there was nothing they could do about it. So i said screw it, made a new blood elf priest thinking "well this will be a grind" and to my surprise got to max level in like 3 weeks of very casual play... i was shocked. I could literally just use the new dungeon finder and power level in a few hours... I maxed the priest, did LFR got full epic raid gear... and realized the game I once knew was pretty much dead. I felt no need to do the harder raids because the gear looked the same just different colors and better stats... didn't feel worth it to continue so I quit, came back for BFA got to max, again just felt... i dunno boring, everything is so automated. so i quit again, but ironically started playing 2 weeks ago because a friend wanted me to play with him, made an alliance guy on his server since ive never played on alliance thought it might be interesting. But yeah.. kinda regret it lol

I hope shadowlands is good, the game needs to bring back its sense of community. The automated match making just makes thing feel kinda lifeless. WOW's sub is also too high for how old this game is. Should be like 5$ a month if that. Honestly wish it would go to F2P, i know it would fatten those #'s back up. Would probably sell more shadowland copies by dropping the sub as well, drop the sub and rely on the microtransaction store blizzard. Bastards are already selling tokens to level peoples characters for like 50$ or some shit...

HankMulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HankMulder
Member since 2020 • 203 Posts

@sargentd said:

Should be like 5$ a month if that. Honestly wish it would go to F2P, i know it would fatten those #'s back up. Would probably sell more shadowland copies by dropping the sub as well, drop the sub and rely on the microtransaction store blizzard. Bastards are already selling tokens to level peoples characters for like 50$ or some shit...

As long as they're getting paid that amount with a stable population they won't lower the sub.

avensis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By avensis
Member since 2018 • 40 Posts

I stopped playing it a long time ago and I don't think I'll come back.

TweakBoxTutuapp