Would you play a WW2 FPS game if you play as China?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Makemap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Makemap
Member since 2007 • 3755 Posts

Would you play a WW2 FPS game if you play as China?

All the WW2 game was based on Europe. But if they allow you to play as China like in the COD series.

Gally66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Gally66
Member since 2007 • 2322 Posts
anything to change the pace of ww2 games ... i dont really care about race in games, ppl make a huge deal and they forget its a fictional experience.
moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
I recommend you go dive into your history book a bit more and do some editing afterwards ;).
Gally66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 Gally66
Member since 2007 • 2322 Posts
and yes i wouldn't have a beef with playing as the Japanese or anybody else, because if the game was done properly it would give us great cultural insight and perspective - hell we might just learn something
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I made a thread some weeks ago that it would be interesting to play such a game, in the eyes of a German, Japanese and possibly Italian soldier. Kinda reversed type of Call of Duty World at war.
ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

Sure, i want to be able to play all sides in WW2, Germany,America,England.Russia,Japan,China,Canada, even Poland.

rastaman219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rastaman219
Member since 2006 • 3032 Posts
China were in WW2 :O?
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 136

User Lists: 1

#8 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

I think you mean Japan, China got their butts kicked by the Japs don't get them confused their twodifferent cultures.

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

I think you mean Japan, China got their butts kicked by the Japs don't get them confused their twodifferent cultures.

KamikazeDonut

China did not want to get involved and urged Japan not to as well. China did not really fight after japan attacked, they defended but they did supply Allies with supplies.

WarEagle1357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WarEagle1357
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts
China were in WW2 :O?rastaman219
Yep, but the Japs pwned them.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14899 Posts
[QUOTE="rastaman219"]China were in WW2 :O?WarEagle1357

At first, in the war's later years, the Chinese actually were beating them...the Soviets had to finish them off though.
Avatar image for Nastyfootballpl
Nastyfootballpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nastyfootballpl
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I put my peanut butter stick in that chicks jelly hole! I mean... Yes a WWII game like that would be awesome, but I think it was Japan that fought, not China... Idk though.
jJaAmMeEsS2184

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jJaAmMeEsS2184
Member since 2009 • 894 Posts

[QUOTE="WarEagle1357"][QUOTE="rastaman219"]China were in WW2 :O?texasgoldrush

At first, in the war's later years, the Chinese actually were beating them...the Soviets had to finish them off though.

It was the Soviets who finished off Japan?:|...I always thought it was the US with the bombs...

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

ethiopia, then china were the first nations to fall in the early 30's, then poland. so yeah china was in the war, but they did fight more effectively towards the end of the war, but i would love to see a world war 2 game take a different pace. medal of honor pacific assult, as bad as it was, i loved it, and deadly dozen rising sun was cool because it wasnt a nazi kill fest

Crucifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Crucifier
Member since 2002 • 7195 Posts
no, im tired of ww2 all together. a nazi perspective might be interesting though
Mash_Affect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mash_Affect
Member since 2008 • 631 Posts

Letters from Iwo Jima is a superb film from the Japanese perspective during World War 2. I liked it better than it's counterpart film from ther American perspective. At times you actually feel yourself rooting against the Americans, which is a strange feeling to have since we have been groomed to believe one side was so good and the other so evil.

I could see it working in a video game as well, although it would probably be a little more awkward.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="WarEagle1357"] Yep, but the Japs pwned them.jJaAmMeEsS2184

It was the Soviets who finished off Japan?:|...I always thought it was the US with the bombs...

The Soviets invaded Manchuria after the first bomb was dropped and the same day as the second of Nagasaki.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 texasgoldrush
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Japanese_War_(1937-1945)
lps2393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lps2393
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I wouldn't care what side i played for.

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Nazi or Japanese soldier would be interesting as it would be original and not playing as the stereotypical American hero sorta thing.

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

Letters from Iwo Jima is a superb film from the Japanese perspective during World War 2. I liked it better than it's counterpart film from ther American perspective. At times you actually feel yourself rooting against the Americans, which is a strange feeling to have since we have been groomed to believe one side was so good and the other so evil.

I could see it working in a video game as well, although it would probably be a little more awkward.

Mash_Affect

Yeah dude, I really liked that too. I saw both of those in theaters, and Letters was fantastic. It's hard to judge wether it was because I had already seen the American side and seeing the same events from a different perspective was really interesting, or if it was actually the better of the two. Also, the performances of the Japanese actors were great. You almost forgot that you were reading what they were saying.

As for video games showing the freedom-hating side of our conflicts, I don't know if video games is the best avenue to explore that now. I feel like whatever developer would decide to do that, they would probably be doing it for shock value. If it was done in a way that was respectful, but at the same time didn't hold anything terrible back, it could be an excellent premise. It's just that the chances of that happening and it turning out well are almost zero.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
I really would love to be playing the German side in a WW2 game...it'd definitely make for a great story(and gaming of course) watching your homeland gets invaded from literally all sides by the US and Russia. And i know the sensitivity of playing a "Nazi" soldier...but perhaps a game based on German WW2 soldiers can educate the gaming public that NOT ALL GERMANS=NAZIS, once and for all.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 texasgoldrush
I really would love to be playing the German side in a WW2 game...it'd definitely make for a great story(and gaming of course) watching your homeland gets invaded from literally all sides by the US and Russia. And i know the sensitivity of playing a "Nazi" soldier...but perhaps a game based on German WW2 soldiers can educate the gaming public that NOT ALL GERMANS=NAZIS, once and for all.mirgamer
Velveta Assassin did a good job with this...basically portrayed the lives of German soliders in WWII thorugh the eyes of an inflitrating British agent. Many of the soliders were human that regretted and even went into despair over their actions, but some German soliders reveled in their atrocities and I have never seen the German army portrayed as brutally as it was in Velvet Assassin (they had the Warsaw Ghetto clearing as a level as well as its horrific final level)...this makes the more humane German soliders concerns even more heartwrenching. If only that game's gameplay could match its story.
Makemap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Makemap
Member since 2007 • 3755 Posts

I put my peanut butter stick in that chicks jelly hole! I mean... Yes a WWII game like that would be awesome, but I think it was Japan that fought, not China... Idk though.Nastyfootballpl

Man, some of you people lack of WW2 history.

jJaAmMeEsS2184

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jJaAmMeEsS2184
Member since 2009 • 894 Posts

[QUOTE="jJaAmMeEsS2184"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] At first, in the war's later years, the Chinese actually were beating them...the Soviets had to finish them off though.texasgoldrush

The Soviets invaded Manchuria after the first bomb was dropped and the same day as the second of Nagasaki.

thats not "finishing off" Japan as you stated earlier...and it is not the reason Japan surrendered...I could write a quick history lesson for everyone if you want, but i don't feel like it...look it up somewhere..

"Moreover, the enemy now possesses a new and terrible weapon with the power to destroy many innocent lives and do incalculable damage. Should we continue to fight, not only would it result in an ultimate collapse and obliteration of the Japanese nation, but also it would lead to the total extinction of human civilization.

Such being the case, how are We to save the millions of Our subjects, or to atone Ourselves before the hallowed spirits of Our Imperial Ancestors? This is the reason why We have ordered the acceptance of the provisions of the Joint Declaration of the Powers." -Hirohito, Emporer of Japan at the time of surrender to the Allies

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#26 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I'd really like a WWII game that allowed you to play on any side. I bet you'd find a huge number of people playing as Germans.