World War Z: The Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Battlehead90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Battlehead90
Member since 2004 • 1743 Posts

I just did one of those gamer instict surveys, and a featured game was World War Z. Has anyone heard of anything about it? The survey gave a minor plot (similar to the book), I don't remeber exactly what it said but here is what I recall:

• It is a FPS
  • your playing as a soldier in the dwindling US army defending the country coast-to-coast from the hordes of zombies.
  • Play in named cities and famous landmarks.

Also, another questioned ask: Which of these excite you about the game:

• Play online in soldier v zombie where a soldier is killed he becomes a zombie
  • Play coast-to-coast
  • I don't remember the 3rd one

So, have any of you heard of anything about this? This sounds like it has potential if it is done right.

HardQuor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 HardQuor
Member since 2007 • 1282 Posts

I just did one of those gamer instict surveys, and a featured game was World War Z. Has anyone heard of anything about it? The survey gave a minor plot (similar to the book), I don't remeber exactly what it said but here is what I recall:

• It is a FPS
  • your playing as a soldier in the dwindling US army defending the country coast-to-coast from the hordes of zombies.
  • Play in named cities and famous landmarks.

Also, another questioned ask: Which of these excite you about the game:

• Play online in soldier v zombie where a soldier is killed he becomes a zombie
  • Play coast-to-coast
  • I don't remember the 3rd one

So, have any of you heard of anything about this? This sounds like it has potential if it is done right.

Battlehead90

Doesn't sound awfully innovative, but i read the first bit of World War Z. seems like if they focus on the narrative, it could be a blast.

andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
Wouldnt be a very good multiplayer game, the zombies in world war Z are of the shambeling variety, plus i think the game being just about the US military wouldnt really be in the same fashion as the book, the book has people from different countries giving their accounts on what hapened, It'd be more open if they had different countries and it'd help stop stereotyping like Americans always being the good guys and people from the middle east being bad guys
Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts
That sounds more like Day by Day Armegeddon plot. But i guess the only way u could do a WWZ game is to focus on one person's experience. I think ti would be better if you were some average person trying to survive. Being a trained soldier is kinda dull. Maybe kinda like an sandbox version of Dead Rising.
Battlehead90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Battlehead90
Member since 2004 • 1743 Posts
so none of you have heard anything else?
CzapperMkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 CzapperMkII
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
See, here's the thing. A World War Z game would need to be an rpg like Dead Frontier. You could choose to be a person in a certain part of the world and be able to completely experience the war from the earliest days to victory in china. this would allow for tons of replay and could include characters from the book or certain instances like the battle of yonkers or trekking north through the canadian wilderness. If this game could be done right, it would probably be one of the most innovative zombie games, let alone any game. Multiplayer could involve surviving against hordes of the undead or even against other survivors.