Witcher 2 on Xbox 360 - Any advice?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chris_Watters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1 Chris_Watters
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts

I only played an hour or so of the Witcher 2 on PC, but I desperately wanted to play more. REALLY looking forward to diving into it on 360, and wondering if anyone who played it a bunch has any SPOILER-FREE tips for me on the best way to get my adventure underway. Any general stuff I should keep in mind before Geralt-ing around later this week?

krisk7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 krisk7
Member since 2010 • 102 Posts

Start on Normal - it's prette challenging. You may always replay on Hard or Dark modes later.

When making your choices go with your gut feeling, don't analyze too much.

If you want to have a headstart to get acquainted with fight mechanics then play through tutorial and also try the Arena mode (independent from the story mode). The arena mode can also be used to quickly assess how particular talents work.

Try some crafting, remember you can stash your items in every inn (it carries from chapter to chapter).

Have fun!

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#3 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
would love some tips too. >.>
Chris_Watters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chris_Watters

krisk7

I'm going to try to take this one to heart in particular. I recently finished Mass Effect 3, and I did a lot of deliberating over the choices. I felt like I had a lot invested in the characters and the world, so the Witcher 2 will be a nice breath of fresh air. I'm free to play whatever kind of Geralt I want, and by golly I'm going to go with my gut!

Thanks for the tips!

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

Start on Normal - it's prette challenging. You may always replay on Hard or Dark modes later.

If you want to have a headstart to get acquainted with fight mechanics then play through tutorial and also try the Arena mode (independent from the story mode). The arena mode can also be used to quickly assess how particular talents work.

Try some crafting, remember you can stash your items in every inn (it carries from chapter to chapter).

Have fun!

krisk7
Thats actually pretty awesome tips, thanks dude. The arena mode particularly sounds like an interesting place to start, should be hoping to get it soon. its on its way to my place. :P
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Never stop moving in combat, don't allow yourself to be cornered. Dodgeing seems to be more effective than blocking and make sure to fully upgrade the spell QUIN (I think thats how its spelled) the shiled one.

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts
Harpy contract and Hunting magic is where in stuck at currently :/
Chris_Watters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chris_Watters

Started my game this weekend, and doing the tutorial really helped! Still got killed a few times, so I'll add my own tip here: Don't turn and run from your enemies! Always roll backwards if you want to create distance, because turning and running is a great way to get thwacked in the back with a sharp sword.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

I only played an hour or so of the Witcher 2 on PC, but I desperately wanted to play more. REALLY looking forward to diving into it on 360, and wondering if anyone who played it a bunch has any SPOILER-FREE tips for me on the best way to get my adventure underway. Any general stuff I should keep in mind before Geralt-ing around later this week?

Chris_Watters
You'll love it. You seem to like the hold-my-hand adventure games a lot. You are like a little girl Chris. Too bad you can't play games that real gamers enjoy like TF2 or StarCraft II. You're too n00b to play those games aren't ya scrub?
Chris_Watters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chris_Watters
You'll love it. You seem to like the hold-my-hand adventure games a lot. You are like a little girl Chris. Too bad you can't play games that real gamers enjoy like TF2 or StarCraft II. You're too n00b to play those games aren't ya scrub?SKaREO
Rude stuff, Mike. I'm not sure what you are basing your opinion on, though based on your vocal displeasure of my TF2 review, I'm guessing it's because I gave that game a super Great review? If you want to argue about that game, we can, but this forum isn't the place for it. Send me another PM and we can hash it out.