This topic is locked from further discussion.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

So, last night I got my Winter Survival set-up ready... Got my XBOX, NGC, PS2, and Dreamcast out and set them all up, attatched to various CRTs I've been hanging onto...

I played about an hour of "007: Agent Under Fire" on my GameCube, followed by some "Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance"... There are certain games which I like to play at certain times of year... For an example, I generally run through "Metal Gear Solid" (PSOne) every Summer. I've done it every year since the game was released. I think one of the games I will be running this Fall is "Lord of the Rings: The Third Age" which I scored in the Spring against all odds, from my local used store...

What else should I be looking to play this Winter? Anyone got any Fall traditions? I have already been told I need to play "Twilight Princess" from one friend. I'm definitely going to play "Eternal Darkness", as it has been almost a decade since I last played it...

What do you think? What are your Winter Games?

:D

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts
No traditions here but some older games I seem to always go back to and complete are: XIII Blinx the Time Sweeper Majesty Pokemon (any) PGR 1 Red Dead Revolver Fable 1 Diablo 2
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

So, last night I got my Winter Survival set-up ready... Got my XBOX, NGC, PS2, and Dreamcast out and set them all up, attatched to various CRTs I've been hanging onto...

I played about an hour of "007: Agent Under Fire" on my GameCube, followed by some "Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance"... There are certain games which I like to play at certain times of year... For an example, I generally run through "Metal Gear Solid" (PSOne) every Summer. I've done it every year since the game was released. I think one of the games I will be running this Fall is "Lord of the Rings: The Third Age" which I scored in the Spring against all odds, from my local used store...

What else should I be looking to play this Winter? Anyone got any Fall traditions? I have already been told I need to play "Twilight Princess" from one friend. I'm definitely going to play "Eternal Darkness", as it has been almost a decade since I last played it...

What do you think? What are your Winter Games?

:D

MonkeySpot
Reel Fishing:winter edition. Along with some Jak 1-3. Not X because you don't want to break your TV. Throw a bit of "the bouncer" in their for the lulz. Have some Parappa at night. That game is only good when you are tired or other words I am not sure i can say with the new rules that cover the whole site. Throw in some 50 cent blood on the sand the next day for the same reason above at 9. In fact, Blur too. That's 3 games to play 3 nights while tired/dru(censored) with your favorite brand of wine or alcohol. I don't drink so being tired it the same for me. Then in the morning have a fresh cup of SSX or optionally, Burnout(any game) to get the blood pumpin. Than toward the evening get a relaxing W or Jrpg until the evening, then you will end off with some Grand Theft Auto or optional TPS, and call it a day. (after playing one of those 3 night games)
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

Not so much a time-of-year thing, but i do replay certain titles every year or two:

Unreal 1 (PC)

Abe's Oddysee/Exoddus (PC)

Summoner 2 (PS2)

God of War 1+2 (PS2)

Beyond Good & Evil (PS2)

Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jakandsigz
Beyond Good & Evil BarbaricAvatar
I always see this game but never brought it. I heard good things about it though but what do you think of it? It costs about $19.99 at the store I see it at.
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

[QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]Beyond Good & Evil Jakandsigz
I always see this game but never brought it. I heard good things about it though but what do you think of it? It costs about $19.99 at the store I see it at.

Depends what floats your boat in games. It's a 3rd person Action-Adventure (even though in some scenarios it looks like a platformer) and while some might highlight the story, such things are of lesser importance to me.

Gameplay-wise though it's very good; there's killing stuff, collecting stuff, exploration, entertaining stealth sections (stealth rarely means fun but here they've got it right), minigames, hovercraft racing and -my favourite part of the game-; taking photo's of all the creatures in the world. It's a laid-back adventure rather than a rush, but that contributes to its charm.

$19.99 is about £12. Yeah i think it's worth it, no idea what the X360 & PS3 HD versions cost though.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]Beyond Good & Evil BarbaricAvatar

Depends what floats your boat in games. It's a 3rd person Action-Adventure (even though in some scenarios it looks like a platformer) and while some might highlight the story, such things are of lesser importance to me.

Gameplay-wise though it's very good; there's killing stuff, collecting stuff, exploration, entertaining stealth sections (stealth rarely means fun but here they've got it right), minigames, hovercraft racing and -my favourite part of the game-; taking photo's of all the creatures in the world. It's a laid-back adventure rather than a rush, but that contributes to its charm.

$19.99 is about £12. Yeah i think it's worth it, no idea what the X360 & PS3 HD versions cost though.

£15-16 I don't think it will be going down either anytime soon.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

[QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]Beyond Good & Evil Jakandsigz

ABSOLUTELY worth a 20... "BGE" is another one of those games I consider to be PERFECT. It will make you laugh, it will bring a lump to your throat... It is simply one of the best games EVER to be MADE. Seriously, I would never (intentionally) steer you wrong. You might be able to find it cheaper online, or whatever, but $20 for that game, even today, is a great price for what you will get out of it.

;)

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]Beyond Good & Evil MonkeySpot

ABSOLUTELY worth a 20... "BGE" is another one of those games I consider to be PERFECT. It will make you laugh, it will bring a lump to your throat... It is simply one of the best games EVER to be MADE. Seriously, I would never (intentionally) steer you wrong. You might be able to find it cheaper online, or whatever, but $20 for that game, even today, is a great price for what you will get out of it.

;)

$21 with tax. :) Yeah I always seen the game and I always saw it cheap but for some reason I never grabbed it. I need tons of games I never played yet during my 1 week after 3 years winter vacation.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Every year I play something new for the Halloween season. This year for me, it's Cliver Barker's Undying. I'll be starting that shortly.

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]Beyond Good & Evil BarbaricAvatar

no idea what the X360 & PS3 HD versions cost though.

10 bucks.