Will Grand Theft Auto V be released this year?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jonny_zoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 jonny_zoo
Member since 2008 • 273 Posts

Not even two days into the new year and already there is speculation going around in terms of the possibility of the next Grand Theft Auto game. Gamers and video game journalists alike are asking the simple yet the unanswerable question: "Will "Grand Theft Auto V" be released this year?"

Let's think back to around early-mid 2007 when Grand Theft Auto IV was announced to a more-then-eager public with it's first trailer being released to the fans. That was around three years after the release of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. If Rockstar North have hypothetically been working on the next Grand Theft Auto game since Grand Theft Auto IV's release, then it has spent nearly three years in development and production and the next Grand Theft Auto game's announcement would be made on a similar time-frame to the duration between the release of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and the unveiling of the first trailer for Grand Theft Auto IV if it where to be made some time this year.

While the chances are very slim that we will be playing the next Grand Theft Auto game any time this year, the chances are very high that we will see something in the way of official information, perhaps even an official trailer, for the next Grand Theft Auto game sometime this year. Rockstar Games are currently working on promoting their upcoming 50's detective game L.A. Noire which is set for release sometime between the start of March and the end of May, Rockstar North are currently working on another crime-detective epic exclusive to the Playstation 3, Agent. When L.A. Noire's release is out of the way, granted if nothing else pops up (Agent taking L.A. Noire's place on Rockstar Games' agenda), leaves room for an announcement and the promotion of the next Grand Theft Auto game from June-onward.

Keep an eye out on this website over the next few months, if there is an official announcement for the next Grand Theft Auto, you will hear about it here!

Source: http://grandtheft5.ucoz.com/news/will_grand_theft_auto_v_be_released_this_year/2011-01-02-15

Discuss!

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

I hope it's released this year. I would really like a new GTA game to play.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

I dunno, with Agent, LA Noire, RDR, and Max Payne 3, it seems like Rockstar has been busy as of the late, but idk not like the same group of people is making all of those, still I don't think we'll see GTAV till 2012. I could be wrong though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#4 64316431
Member since 2008 • 347 Posts
I don't think so, but I hope so. Rockstar usually takes it's own sweet time (San Andreas to IV was like 4 years?), but i want it to be perfect when it comes out.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Maybe close to the end of the year. But most likely in 2012.

Avatar image for BattleforAzerot
BattleforAzerot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BattleforAzerot
Member since 2007 • 149 Posts

It could very well come on a next gen console.

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

don't hold your breath for 2011, it won't come til 2012 since they got LA Noire and Max Payne 3 on the plate for this year...

1zenron1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 1zenron1
Member since 2010 • 672 Posts
I'm not even bothered. Probably one of the only people here who dislikes the GTA franchise.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d4b602d21842
deactivated-5d4b602d21842

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d4b602d21842
Member since 2006 • 5036 Posts

I think 2011 might be a bit too eccentric. 2012 however, thats soundingmuch more plausible.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm not even bothered. Probably one of the only people here who dislikes the GTA franchise. 1zenron1

you're not alone i feel the same way as you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4b602d21842
deactivated-5d4b602d21842

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5d4b602d21842
Member since 2006 • 5036 Posts

[QUOTE="1zenron1"]I'm not even bothered. Probably one of the only people here who dislikes the GTA franchise. sukraj

you're not alone i feel the same way as you.

Everyone has their opinions!

travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts
I'm not even bothered. Probably one of the only people here who dislikes the GTA franchise. 1zenron1
I'm in the same boat as you, never been that much of a fan.
xXCombatWombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 xXCombatWombat
Member since 2009 • 1529 Posts

I dunno, with Agent, LA Noire, RDR, and Max Payne 3, it seems like Rockstar has been busy as of the late, but idk not like the same group of people is making all of those, still I don't think we'll see GTAV till 2012. I could be wrong though.

TacticalDesire

Rockstar North hasn't/Isn't making any of those games. The only game they are confirmed to be making is Agent, but even that we have no info on. So they very well could be working on GTA V right now.

emajine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 emajine
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I'm hoping GTA 5 would be released next year. I want the next GTA to be very polished.
blaqphantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 blaqphantom
Member since 2010 • 1829 Posts

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

xXCombatWombat

Rockstar North hasn't/Isn't making any of those games. The only game they are confirmed to be making is Agent, but even that we have no info on. So they very well could be working on GTA V right now.

this ^ Team Bondi is doing La Noire, Rockstar Vancouver Max Payne 3 and Rockstar San Diego done Red Dead. So pretty much R* North is free except Agent as was already said.
anthonycg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 anthonycg
Member since 2009 • 2017 Posts

Not worth thinking about IMO.

Once the hype train starts you'll still have another two years to wait..............

LegitN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 LegitN
Member since 2009 • 88 Posts
GTA V will be so sweet.
NCsmallCHILDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NCsmallCHILDS
Member since 2010 • 790 Posts

OP, I hope you've beaten Red Dead: redemption before asking for more GTA...