LittleAngryDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By LittleAngryDog
Member since 2018 • 263 Posts

Will Nintendo launch a remastering of Super Mario 3D World for Switch? Do you have any predictions of which WiiU games will be ported to Switch?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@littleangrydog:

I think the PS4 lived on promises and expectations the entire generation

PS4 has done just fine throughout its life-cycle, not sure what to think of that statement. Especially considering we was chatting about Nintendo.

God of War will only appear in 2018 and the other great games in 2019

God of War hasn't been great for a long time, I would set your standards low for the zeitgeist that is the reboot. Also what are these great "2019" games that are better than Bloodborne, Tearaway Unfolded, Gravity Daze 2, Wipeout Omega, (Google for a longer list)?

It was an island of vicious promises and expectations

Again, not sure what you mean, I've had a PS4 since its release. Sure games like Little Big Planet 3 and Shadow Fall started the PS4 as complete garbage, but had plenty to enjoy (for me anyway), and we got plenty of decent titles since. The pros out weigh the cons in my view. Wii U was not so lucky with its selection, and the console itself was trash.

The Xbox One has committed several holes this generation and apparently we will not see anything great

Probably would already have an Xbox One if Scalebound wasn't cancelled; however not sure I agree with that either, the Xbox One sales are doing just fine. It offers something Sony and Nintendo refuse to give, backwards comparability. And that itself is a tempting sell.

Anyway ... I'm very keen to buy a Switch instead of a PS4 PRO. I have the basic PS4 but I was thinking about getting the PRO. But this time I'm almost giving up and picking up the Switch.

If you want to follow this topic below I would recommend.

I already replied to that awhile ago (#9), PS4 Pro isn't worth it. Grab a Switch if you already have a PS4, the upgrade is superficial at best. I don't hold platform bias so at least I'll state it for what it is.

If you want certain game(s), buy the platforms with the games you desire. It really is that simple_

However one game isn't worth a new gaming system. May that be P.C./PS4/ Switch/ X1.

Find at least a handful you can really get interested in. That way anything else that comes out is added layers of software joy. And best luck deciding_

/happy gaming

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

The WiiU has an awesome library. I would prefer them to sell an add-on to the docking station to turn it into a WiiU with the Switch as 2nd screen though. Games like Nintendo Land, one of the best local mp games of all times, can't be ported to the Switch which is a shame.

LittleAngryDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LittleAngryDog

@ArchoNils2 said:

The WiiU has an awesome library. I would prefer them to sell an add-on to the docking station to turn it into a WiiU with the Switch as 2nd screen though. Games like Nintendo Land, one of the best local mp games of all times, can't be ported to the Switch which is a shame.

I really like Nintendo. I think the idea of not investing in powerful hardware and focusing more on the gameplay experience is incredible. But I think that with the passage of time Nintendo ended up stagnating in some critical and inexcusable points in the current times. I think Nintendo needs to invest in digital backward compatibility urgently. Nintendo does not need to invest in powerful hardware but needs to expand storage capacity to store more content and provide backward compatibility with all the old generations.

What do you think?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RSM-HQ

@littleangrydog: More interested in DS/3DS ports at this point. Switch already has all of Wii Us best games.

LittleAngryDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LittleAngryDog

@RSM-HQ said:

@littleangrydog: More interested in DS/3DS ports at this point. Switch already has all of Wii Us best games.

What about Super Mario 3D World?

Eddie_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eddie_2
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

Seeing as they're releaseing a re-release of Toad's Treasuse Mario 3D World should come as no surprise later.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RSM-HQ

@littleangrydog: It's the game that came with my Wii U, didn't care for it personally. Not going to shatter your dreams on wanting the game, I just personally don't rate it very high.

I'd recommend Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze if you want the best Nintendo platformer of the Wii U system. And the Switch version is already a reality.

Otherwise the best games on Wii U includes- Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros Wii U(coming soon and probably better), Splatoon (already have superior sequel), and Mario Kart 8.

I could see Mario Maker come along though, however that's also a 3DS game; so I don't see that contradicting my opinion.

And I think the DS/ 3DS lot of games are being overlooked. It's the platforms that sold the best. Not Wii U, and for good reason_

If Nintendo used the same HD filters they did with the Mini consoles they brought out; the DS and 3DS games would be awesome on Switch.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

I think we'll see 3D World before long. Probably Pikmin 3 and the HD Zeldas. I'm less hopeful about Wonderful 101 and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Would be very surprised if the ported Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

LittleAngryDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LittleAngryDog

@RSM-HQ said:

@littleangrydog: It's the game that came with my Wii U, didn't care for it personally. Not going to shatter your dreams on wanting the game, I just personally don't rate it very high.

I'd recommend Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze if you want the best Nintendo platformer of the Wii U system. And the Switch version is already a reality.

Otherwise the best games on Wii U includes- Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros Wii U(coming soon and probably better), Splatoon (already have superior sequel), and Mario Kart 8.

I could see Mario Maker come along though, however that's also a 3DS game; so I don't see that contradicting my opinion.

And I think the DS/ 3DS lot of games are being overlooked. It's the platforms that sold the best. Not Wii U, and for good reason_

If Nintendo used the same HD filters they did with the Mini consoles they brought out; the DS and 3DS games would be awesome on Switch.

I don't know dude! Why is Nintendo remastering so many WiiU games? Will this generation see a legitimately developed Zelda for Switch architecture? Will we see a Mario Kart 9? I think Nintendo has been kind of lazy while developing Zelda crossgen at the end of each generation and ported to the next console. I also think she has sinned not to make a Metroid on WiiU. Anyway ... What do you say?

LittleAngryDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LittleAngryDog

@judaspete said:

I think we'll see 3D World before long. Probably Pikmin 3 and the HD Zeldas. I'm less hopeful about Wonderful 101 and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Would be very surprised if the ported Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

May God hear you!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RSM-HQ

@littleangrydog:

I think Nintendo has been kind of lazy while developing Zelda crossgen at the end of each generation and ported to the next console

I'm not too bothered about the cross generation Zelda games, Nintendo have a perfectionist relationship with that Zelda franchise, it's the series that globally represents quality, more so than any other series in the gaming industry despite what few would say. And it was in the companies best interest to release Breath of the Wild on the new platform that hasn't got a shameful reputation. It was a long development cycle.

Will we see a Mario Kart 9

Yes, quote me on it. Mario Kart is Nintendos most profitable home console franchise. 8 Deluxe is a great game but that doesn't mean Nintendo will ignore such an important franchise. Only reason Wii U did is because Kart came later and the Wii U was a waste of further sequels.

I also think she has sinned not to make a Metroid on WiiU

Nintendo probably based sales on Other-M; which wasn't exactly a best seller and that's why Metroid took such a long break. What was Nintendo to do_

Retro Studios, the developer that made the Prime series moved on. And considering Retro gave us Tropical Freeze, I'm not exactly complaining, it's one of my favorite games Nintendo have ever given us.

So is Switch port city right now? A little, however after the Wii U I don't blame them.

Would still take 3DS/ DS games over the remaining Wii U library given the choice.

LittleAngryDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LittleAngryDog

@RSM-HQ said:

@littleangrydog:

I think Nintendo has been kind of lazy while developing Zelda crossgen at the end of each generation and ported to the next console

I'm not too bothered about the cross generation Zelda games, Nintendo have a perfectionist relationship with that Zelda franchise, it's the series that globally represents quality, more so than any other series in the gaming industry despite what few would say. And it was in the companies best interest to release Breath of the Wild on the new platform that hasn't got a shameful reputation. It was a long development cycle.

Will we see a Mario Kart 9

Yes, quote me on it. Mario Kart is Nintendos most profitable home console franchise. 8 Deluxe is a great game but that doesn't mean Nintendo will ignore such an important franchise. Only reason Wii U did is because Kart came later and the Wii U was a waste of further sequels.

I also think she has sinned not to make a Metroid on WiiU

Nintendo probably based sales on Other-M; which wasn't exactly a best seller and that's why Metroid took such a long break. What was Nintendo to do_

Retro Studios, the developer that made the Prime series moved on. And considering Retro gave us Tropical Freeze, I'm not exactly complaining, it's one of my favorite games Nintendo have ever given us.

So is Switch port city right now? A little, however after the Wii U I don't blame them.

Would still take 3DS/ DS games over the remaining Wii U library given the choice.

Do you think it's worth buying a WiiU just to play Super Mario 3D World?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RSM-HQ

@littleangrydog:

No.

I don't personally think any platform is worth a single game.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Nintendo needs to be thankful it has gotten a mulligan after the Wii U and it can bring over just about any U game and have it sell well or be well received.

LittleAngryDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LittleAngryDog

@RSM-HQ said:

@littleangrydog:

No.

I don't personally think any platform is worth a single game.

Well ... So I must keep my fingers crossed hoping that Super Mario 3D World will hit the Switch.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RSM-HQ

@littleangrydog:

Well ... So I must keep my fingers crossed hoping that Super Mario 3D World will hit the Switch.

May happen.

I'd just prefer they give us the 3DS/ DS games attention if they continue on porting games to Switch.

LittleAngryDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LittleAngryDog

@RSM-HQ said:

@littleangrydog:

May happen.

I'd just prefer they give us the 3DS/ DS games attention if they continue on porting games to Switch.

Are not you angelic of the traditional consoles (Xbox and Playstation)? I think the PS4 lived on promises and expectations the entire generation. God of War will only appear in 2018 and the other great games in 2019. It was an island of vicious promises and expectations. The Xbox One has committed several holes this generation and apparently we will not see anything great. It is missing exclusive high relevance on the console. Anyway ... I'm very keen to buy a Switch instead of a PS4 PRO. I have the basic PS4 but I was thinking about getting the PRO. But this time I'm almost giving up and picking up the Switch.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/is-it-worth-buying-a-nintendo-switch-instead-of-a--33428059/

LittleAngryDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LittleAngryDog

@RSM-HQ said:

LittleAngryDog marked this as the best answer

@littleangrydog:

I think the PS4 lived on promises and expectations the entire generation

PS4 has done just fine throughout its life-cycle, not sure what to think of that statement. Especially considering we was chatting about Nintendo.

God of War will only appear in 2018 and the other great games in 2019

God of War hasn't been great for a long time, I would set your standards low for the zeitgeist that is the reboot. Also what are these great "2019" games that are better than Bloodborne, Tearaway Unfolded, Gravity Daze 2, Wipeout Omega, (Google for a longer list)?

It was an island of vicious promises and expectations

Again, not sure what you mean, I've had a PS4 since its release. Sure games like Little Big Planet 3 and Shadow Fall started the PS4 as complete garbage, but had plenty to enjoy (for me anyway), and we got plenty of decent titles since. The pros out weigh the cons in my view. Wii U was not so lucky with its selection, and the console itself was trash.

The Xbox One has committed several holes this generation and apparently we will not see anything great

Probably would already have an Xbox One if Scalebound wasn't cancelled; however not sure I agree with that either, the Xbox One sales are doing just fine. It offers something Sony and Nintendo refuse to give, backwards comparability. And that itself is a tempting sell.

Anyway ... I'm very keen to buy a Switch instead of a PS4 PRO. I have the basic PS4 but I was thinking about getting the PRO. But this time I'm almost giving up and picking up the Switch.

I already replied to that awhile ago (#9), PS4 Pro isn't worth it. Grab a Switch if you already have a PS4, the upgrade is superficial at best. I don't hold platform bias so at least I'll state it for what it is.

If you want certain game(s), buy the platforms with the games you desire. It really is that simple_

However one game isn't worth a new gaming system. May that be P.C./PS4/ Switch/ X1.

Find at least a handful you can really get interested in. That way anything else that comes out is added layers of software joy. And best luck deciding_

/happy gaming

What do you think of a 4k Switch in 2 or 3 years? Will Nintendo do what Microsoft and SONY are doing? Middle generation consoles?

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#21 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I'd like to see New Super Mario Bros Wii on the Switch. I'm a sucker for more traditional Mario games these days.