Vplaygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1 Vplaygames
Member since 2020 • 2 Posts

Hi guys, this is my first post. I have a question: I don't know, why Roblox is so popular??

Answer me please.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#2 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I’ve played it on and off with my younger sister a few times before and I honestly enjoy it. Not sure what it is. Not something I’d particularly play on my own but with others it is pretty amusing.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

User Lists: 0

#3 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

My two kids have been playing it, pretty steadily, for the past 3 years.

It is likely a combination of factors, but i'd the say the big ones are :

- The game is multi-platform and cross-platform : Everybody can play with everybody on most devices. My daughter plays from her tablet, my son from my PC. All of their friends are also playing.

- It's a social hub where users constantly publish new content, not a single game : Every other week, they seem to be playing a new thing. Those things are derivative from establishes franchises, such as The Sims, Call of Duty and other popular titles. A lot of it is trash, but some of them are very well made and attract a lot of players.

- The game is free. The only cash you need to put in is for cosmetics, aside from that, no play restrictions.

Granted, Roblox is not the only thing my kids play, but it has been a mainstay for a few years now.

Ninja edit : The current active player count for the game stands at a little over 145 million.

LeagueFeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 LeagueFeed
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

My little brother is playing it all day every day :D

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26103 Posts

Been playing it since 2008 or so. Really cool seeing it become so big so late in its life.

As for why its popular, its fun, free, and boundary-less. It's to gaming what Youtube is to video.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

I play it with my daughter nearly every day. Kids love it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb24314d917d
deactivated-5fb24314d917d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By deactivated-5fb24314d917d
Member since 2020 • 11 Posts

It's free for one, which makes it easier to access. Especially so for children, who mostly don't have their own money.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

It’s the Minecraft kids that love these primitive type games. There’s some cool community multiplayer games that have no learning curve so it’s incredibly accessible to anyone. Not to mention it’s mostly free which is perfect for the demographic.

Try a Murder Mystery game. One random person is selected as the killer and has to kill players one by one and the only way to see who that is is when he brandishes a weapon or you witness him murder someone. Last survivor wins or if the killer wipes out the players - he wins. It’s surprisingly fun.