Why is Xbone doing only 1 mill less than PS4 in america?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Infinity8378

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Infinity8378
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts

This PC is cheaper and it smokes them both?

$325

CPU-$78 https://www.allhdd.com/processor/i

ntel-xeon-six-core/2.66ghz/slbv3-intel-xeon-x

5650-six-core-2.66ghz-1.5mb-l2-cache-12m

b-l3-cache-6.4gt-s-qpi-speed-socket-fclga13

66-32nm-95w-processor.-new-bulk-pack./?

src=ggl&gclid=CjwKEAjw-_e7BRDs97mdpJ

zXwh0SJABSdUH06XXQ6VDDAg207m0

MamUEYIWukg-MXyNDvEpUcf2XBhoC9KPw_wcB

Motherboard $81.00 http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?

SearchText=lga1366+motherboard&minPrice

=&maxPrice=100&isBigSale=n&isFreeShip=

n&isOnSale=n&isFavorite=n&isRtl=n&isLoca

lReturn=n&isMobileExclusive=n&shipCountr

y=us&shipFromCountry=&shipCompanies=

&CatId=708045&g=y&initiative_id=AS_201

60315091857&needQuery=y

RAM $24

http://pcpartpicker.com/product

/gp8H99/pny-memory-md8gsd316009ab

$109.99

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/QWbkcf/evga-video-card-02gp42958kr

$12.99

http://pcpartpicker.co

m/product/2cDwrH/log

isys-power-supply-ps480dbk

Storage 1 USB FLASH

http://www.dhgate.com/product/original-se

al-lenovo-t160-64gb-128gb-256gb/21374

4903.html#s1-0-1b;searl|3622046627

Case

http://www.provantage.com/antec-vsk

3000e~7ANTG07X.htm?source=googleps

&gclid=CjwKEAiA64uyBRCVmKyT2

vuAjzgSJADfINB63QMFQL6S4A2iH

NvXxRpYVyO6rbfKTp4qv4msWpEo4

RoC2Xzw_wcB

Or Recycle a Case you already have.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

*Sigh* really?

Ok. First I play games on P.C. but also happily play on consoles. . So here is a list of reasons people may buy consoles over a gaming P.C. Hope you understand the logic behind these bulletpoints_

• Simplicity and preference- Two wires and a pad and you're set to play games. Everything else is an extra.
  • Exclusive content- games, Apps, and other things. Some like Kinect, Move, and all that gimmicky stuff.
  • Player base- (Let's make one thing clear this differs from person to person) But chances are you have friends on PSN and XBL
  • Safer bet- A console is set for a cycle, sure it won't perform 4K or 120FPS. But unless that's a essential feature to you? Consoles will run all games (or at least should)
  • Discs are still a thing- Another thing that'll differ from person to person. Not everyone likes the download only world of P.C. gaming now, when a game is taken down on Steam you're screwed!
  • No viruses- Though some Apps and software can brick consoles, with P.C. format it's a more common theme with some even linked to online games, because of player groups

*And a personal pick is because the Master Race smugness is a cancer that actually puts people off gaming on a P.C. not encourage.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

@Infinity8378: google non sequitur

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RSM-HQ

@Macutchi: I think the title was deliberately misleading. If it was given an appropriate one, it would be thrown on #SystemWars

I speculate he's either a fanboy, or paid by the websites to advertise.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

@RSM-HQ: yeah probably a fanboy. if he's being paid to advertise i think they'll want their money back when they see the worst attempt at posting links the forum has ever seen

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@Infinity8378: Go away troll.

LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts

Xbox one is 279.00, cheaper than any gaming rig by far

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

So...uhh...where is the actual content? All I see are useless links I would rather not go to.

Also, this isn't system wars, go take your master race crap there.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I´m gonna flag this one, troll already has another thread in SW.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#10 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Maybe people like the games on those systems?

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

MY PC's specs blow my PS4 out of the water... but it didnt stop me from purchasing one. I still like to game on consoles even if they are inferior.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

*Sigh* really?

Ok. First I play games on P.C. but also happily play on consoles. . So here is a list of reasons people may buy consoles over a gaming P.C. Hope you understand the logic behind these bulletpoints_

• Simplicity and preference- Two wires and a pad and you're set to play games. Everything else is an extra.
  • Exclusive content- games, Apps, and other things. Some like Kinect, Move, and all that gimmicky stuff.
  • Player base- (Let's make one thing clear this differs from person to person) But chances are you have friends on PSN and XBL
  • Safer bet- A console is set for a cycle, sure it won't perform 4K or 120FPS. But unless that's a essential feature to you? Consoles will run all games (or at least should)
  • Discs are still a thing- Another thing that'll differ from person to person. Not everyone likes the download only world of P.C. gaming now, when a game is taken down on Steam you're screwed!
  • No viruses- Though some Apps and software can brick consoles, with P.C. format it's a more common theme with some even linked to online games, because of player groups

*And a personal pick is because the Master Race smugness is a cancer that actually puts people off gaming on a P.C. not encourage.

Also someone who plays on both, but a few of these points are misleading.

Simplicity? Consoles are anything but simple anymore. Updates all the time for the console OS, mandatory installs for non-Wii U games, and game updates. The days of plug and play are over.

Exclusives are why I own my Wii U, so really can't say too much here.

Consoles aren't a safe bet anymore. The PS4 and Xbone both have new versions coming out. Of course Sony and Microsoft are promising games will be playable on all systems, but lets not fool ourselves here. There is going to come a time when developers shy away from bothering to put too much effort in the original versions, effectively forcing an upgrade.

For the disc point, GOG is a godsend. I don't like physical copies too much, but I also don't like Steam. Being able to download and backup any game from GOG is why I prefer the service, and have since it launched in 2008.

No viruses? Cmon now. Use common sense and viruses don't happen.

10 years ago I would have agreed with you that both have merits, but its really hard to justify owning a console these days. Literally the only objective reason I see in owning a console anymore is exclusives, a PC can do everything they do better. With that said, I will be buying the NX if the games are any good on it.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Whiteblade999: Simplicity is a thing, just because online needs the updates doesn't mean it's a necessity. If I went offline with a new console I can jump straight in. Once you go online it will demand you update, but if you choose not to go online you'll never need to update your console. Some gamers do just want to play single player or local multiplayer ala Mario/ Uncharted/ Bayonetta 2/ Fallout 4.

GoG and Steam is a preference, so like stated before will not be everyone's preference. Personally I just like physical, I always feel cheapened when I 'have' to download a game.

And I stand with PS4 being a safe bet, the Neo is not intended to replace the PS4. This is Sony we're talking about. They will support PS4 for at least another four years. Xbox however is going a different path, but from my understanding, Scorpio isn't coming out anytime soon. So the X1 will still have a somewhat healthy life-cycle. At least on par with the WiiU.

Some viruses you can get in games, through certain hacker players. I don't think it's fair to demand "common sense", when a hacker was flying around in Elite Dangerous giving people viruses. It literally stopped me playing it for months till it was confirmed it was dealt with.

So again I don't understand your counter arguments. Sure, consoles are less to the consoles of old but still run in a similar light.

Nothing I've stated can be considerably misleading, but you are free to disagree. In all I think all the reasons are why people may buy consoles. And I stand with that.

If you only bought a WiiU for games? That's fine, but for many it's also a preference in functionality. P.C. is more powerful, not going to argue that. . But here is a question, when was a console more powerful than a good P.C.? Never_

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

@Whiteblade999: Simplicity is a thing, just because online needs the updates doesn't mean it's a necessity. If I went offline with a new console I can jump straight in. Once you go online it will demand you update, but if you choose not to go online you'll never need to update your console. Some gamers do just want to play single player or local multiplayer ala Mario/ Uncharted/ Witcher/ Fallout 4.

GoG and Steam is a preference, so like stated before will not be everyone's preference. Personally I just like physical, I always feel cheapened when I 'have' to download a game.

And I stand with PS4 being a safe bet, the Neo is not intended to replace the PS4. Xbox however is going a different path, but from my understanding, Scorpio isn't coming out anytime soon. So the X1 will still have a healthy life-cycle.

Some viruses you can get in games, through certain hacker players. I don't think it's fair to demand "common sense", when a hacker was flying around in Elite Dangerous giving people viruses. It literally stopped me playing it for months till it was confirmed it was dealt with.

So again I don't understand your counter arguments. Sure, consoles are less to the consoles of old but still run in a similar light.

Nothing I've stated can be considerably misleading, but you are free to disagree. In all I think all the reasons are why people may buy consoles. And I stand with that.

If you only bought a WiiU for games? That's fine, but for many it's also a preference in functionality_

By not going online you lose a critical part of the experience in most games these days. Sure, Nintendo games are mostly the exception (one reason I buy them), but that isn't the case for Microsoft and Sony. If it wasn't important people wouldn't be buying the online services from the two companies. The 'free' games are nothing but rentals and I highly doubt that is the reason everyone uses the service.

I disagree on GOG. I have an external HD with all my games from there (about 100 of them) backed up. If I want to install any one of those I pull out the HD and run the installer. It takes the place of a disc, and I don't have to worry about the disc rotting in 10+ years.

I guess we will have to disagree, but I'm a pessimist when it comes to upgrades after looking at how phones have handled it. Give them an inch and they take a mile.

I'm talking about your general web-surfing virus. How the hell did it take them months to deal with Elite: Dangerous having that problem? Christ, it just reeks of incompetence that they couldn't lock that shit down within a couple of days. Beats the EVE update that would wipe the computer on reboot I guess.

The last point is typically used to try and smear the whole platform, especially when its Windows vs. Mac. I get your point since you elaborated on it, but at first glance I had to assume it meant what I said due to seeing it enough times in internet debates. Simplicity is also up for debate due to the reasons I listed. I can see where you are coming from here, but I still think it is misleading to cut out the online experience entirely if you want to compare consoles to PC. Nintendo vs. Sony/Microsoft would be a completely different story though.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Whiteblade999: I agree with the Elite part, we on the official forums was raging about that for ages. Almost everything else will have to be thrown in the air as agree-to-disagree.

Because a lot of my bullet points was for why people "may" buy consoles. It's mostly speculation on my part. As 'my' reason for consoles is purely for the games. I am a fan of other little things, but without the franchises I was raised with. .

I'd probably go P.C. only as well.

But I don't, so consoles are clearly doing something right :)

*I was still editing my post when you quoted me lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

My fucking God, that's a shitty ass cheap PC build. If you or anyone is going to go all out on building a decent PC, do it right! My recommendation is to spend $800-$900 or $1,000-$1,200. Sure it may look very expensive to build, (well it technically is) but a high budget PC will last you a very long time, like 7-9 years even. $325 PC build by today's standards, it's futile, save yourself the trouble and do it right.

Also OP, not everyone games on PC, there are people who love to game on consoles and they don't mind it if there missing a lot of benefits from PC and I for one game more on consoles then I do on my high-end PC that cost me $1,200 to build.

If you really expect someone to build that shitty ass PC, then you shouldn't be gaming at all.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I'm locking this. 1) it's a duplicate post. 2) it's a SW post. 3) it's a deliberately misleading topic