Why is Konami releasing the MGS essential colection in the US only?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

I have been doing my research and couldn't find anything that say the game will be out for EU.

Does anybody know if it is going to get released for EU?

Thank you.

willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
because it's japanese game, LOL, dude you can get one anywhere in the world, heard of ebay
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

because it's japanese game, LOL, dude you can get one anywhere in the world, heard of ebaywillxcool

I heard of Ebay but does it work on my PAL PS2 I don't think so.

Chilled_AB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chilled_AB
Member since 2008 • 568 Posts
What the heck ? Konami better release it in the UK !
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

European Metal Gear Solid fans always get screwed over, its s fact of life. We had to wait a a hell of a lot longer than anyone else to play any of the MGS games and had nothing to show for it. I'm just glad MGS4 is getting a world wide release.

Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

European Metal Gear Solid fans always get screwed over, its s fact of life. We had to wait a a hell of a lot longer than anyone else to play any of the MGS games and had nothing to show for it. I'm just glad MGS4 is getting a world wide release.

Silent-Hal

thats not just about MGS, thats for all games because of languages and rating system probably. europe is strict about rating, some games cant even see the europe, like Xenogears for example. and writing everything in 5 languages, some even with voices is not easy. they should just drop any language except english since its worldwide language, and release all games at the same time.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Silent-Hal

It's called racism. And Americans think they own the whole world and think they are always better than the rest!metalgear-solid

The correct term would be xenophobia. Europe is mainly made up of white people so how can the Americans be racist towards us (which they aren't, Konami is Japanese :roll: )?

TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheLegendKnight

[QUOTE="metalgear-solid"] It's called racism. And Americans think they own the whole world and think they are always better than the rest!Silent-Hal

The correct term would be xenophobia. Europe is mainly made up of white people so how can the Americans be racist towards us (which they aren't, Konami is Japanese :roll: )?

race is not defined by color only. racism can be about national or regional origin, religion, occupation, social status or some other distinction

its about believing your own race is superior

xenophobia is fearing from strangers so it should not be in different race

so metalgear-solid pretty much used the right term

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Silent-Hal
[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]

[QUOTE="metalgear-solid"] It's called racism. And Americans think they own the whole world and think they are always better than the rest!TheLegendKnight

race is not defined by color only. racism can be about national or regional origin, religion, occupation, social status or some other distinction

its about believing your own race is superior

xenophobia is fearing from strangers so it should not be in different race

so metalgear-solid pretty much used the right term

1. group of humans: any one of the groups into which the world's population can be divided on the basis of physical characteristics such as skin or hair color
2. fact of belonging to a group: the fact of belonging to a group of humans who share the same physical features such as skin color
an attempt to end discrimination on grounds of race

3. humankind: humanity considered as a whole
the fate of the race

4. biology strain of organism: a breed, strain, or subspecies of an organism

That is the dictionary definition of a race. Just because someone comes from a different country or believes in a certain thing does not mean they are a different race.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
It's called racism. And Americans think they own the whole world and think they are always better than the rest!metalgear-solid
You are ignorant. :|
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheLegendKnight

duh. you want a dictionary support for my post?

here it is;

Etymology : Middle English ras, from Old Norse rAs; akin to Old English r[AE]s rush
Pronunciation : rAs
Function : noun
Date : 14th century

1. contest of speed; descent, heritage. participate in a contest of speed (i.e. running, driving, cycling). racerace (rās), v. t. to raze. [obs.]race race (rās), n. [of. raïz, l. radix, -icis. see: radix.] a root. "a race or two of ginger."race ginger, ginger in the root, or not pulverized.race race, n. [f. race; cf. pr. & sp. raza, it. razza; all from ohg. reiza line, akin to e. write. see: write.].
2. the descendants of a common ancestor; a family, tribe, people, or nation, believed or presumed to belong to the same stock; a lineage; a breed. the whole race of mankind. whence the long race of alban fathers come.note: naturalists and ethnographers divide mankind into several distinct varieties, or races. cuvier refers them all to three, pritchard enumerates seven, agassiz eight, pickering describes eleven. one of the common c_lassfications is that of blumenbach, who makes five races: the caucasian, or white race, to which belong the greater part of the european nations and those of western asia; the mongolian, or yellow race, occupying tartary, china, japan, etc.; the ethiopian, or negro race, occupying most of africa (except the north), australia, papua, and other pacific islands; the american, or red race, comprising the indians of north and south america; and the malayan, or brown race, which occupies the islands of the indian archipelago, etc. many recent writers c_lassify the malay and american races as branches of the mongolian. see: illustration in appendix.
3. company; herd; breed. for do but note a wild and wanton herd, or race of youthful and unhandled colts, fetching mad bounds.
4. (bot.) a variety of such fixed character that it may be propagated by seed.
5. peculiar flavor, taste, or strength, as of wine; that quality, or assemblage of qualities, which indicates origin or kind, as in wine; hence, characteristic flavor; smack. "a race of heaven." is it [the wine] of the right race ?.
6. hence, characteristic quality or disposition. [obs.] and now i give my sensual race the rein. some great race of fancy or judgment. w. temple.
7. A game, match, etc., open only to losers in early stages of contests.
8. To raze.
9. A root.
10. The descendants of a common ancestor; a family, tribe, people, or nation, believed or presumed to belong to the same stock; a lineage; a breed.
11. Company; herd; breed.
12. A variety of such fixed character that it may be propagated by seed.
13. Peculiar flavor, taste, or strength, as of wine; that quality, or assemblage of qualities, which indicates origin or kind, as in wine; hence, characteristic flavor; smack.
14. Hence, characteristic quality or disposition.
15. A progress; a course; a movement or progression.
16. Esp., swift progress; rapid course; a running.
17. Hence: The act or process of running in competition; a contest of speed in any way, as in running, riding, driving, skating, rowing, sailing; in the plural, usually, a meeting for contests in the running of horses; as, he attended the races.
18. Competitive action of any kind, especially when prolonged; hence, career; course of life.
19. A strong or rapid current of water, or the channel or passage for such a current; a powerful current or heavy sea, sometimes produced by the meeting of two tides; as, the Portland Race; the Race of Alderney.
20. The current of water that turns a water wheel, or the channel in which it flows; a mill race.
21. A channel or guide along which a shuttle is driven back and forth, as in a loom, sewing machine, etc.
22. To run swiftly; to contend in a race; as, the animals raced over the ground; the ships raced from port to port.
23. To run too fast at times, as a marine engine or screw, when the screw is lifted out of water by the action of a heavy sea.
24. To cause to contend in a race; to drive at high speed; as, to race horses.
25. To run a race with. a contest of speed; "the race is to the swift" any competition; "the race for the presidency" people who are believed to belong to the same genetic stock; "some biologists doubt that there are important genetic differences between races of human beings" compete in a race; "he is running the Marathon this year"; "let's race and see: who gets there first" cause to move fast or to rush or race; "The psychologist raced the rats through a long maze" to work as fast as possible towards a goal, sometimes in competition with others; "We are racing to find a cure for AIDS".
26. 1. A race is a competition to see: who is the fastest, for example in running, swimming, or driving. The women's race was won by the American, Patti Sue Plumer.
27. If you race, you take part in a race. In the 10 years I raced in Europe, 30 drivers were killed They may even have raced each other -- but not regularly.
28. The races are a series of horse races that are held in a particular place on a particular day. People go to watch and to bet on which horse will win. The high point of this trip was a day at the races.
29. A race is a situation in which people or organizations compete with each other for power or control. The race for the White House begins in earnest today see also: arms race, rat race.
30. A race is one of the major groups which human beings can be divided into according to their physical features, such as the colour of their skin. The College welcomes students of all races, faiths, and nationalities see also: human race, race relations.
31. If you race somewhere, you go there as quickly as possible. He raced across town to the State House building.
32. If something races towards a particular state or position, it moves very fast towards that state or position. Do they realize we are racing towards complete economic collapse?.
33. If you race a vehicle or animal, you prepare it for races and make it take part in races. He still raced sports cars as often as he could.
34. If your mind races, or if thoughts race through your mind, you think very fast about something, especially when you are in a difficult or dangerous situation. I made sure I sounded calm but my mind was racing Bits and pieces of the past raced through her mind.
35. If your heart races, it beats very quickly because you are excited or afraid. Her heart raced uncontrollably. see also: racing.
36. You describe a situation as a race against time when you have to work very fast in order to do something before a particular time, or before another thing happens. An air force spokesman said the rescue operation was a race against time. A promontory of southeast Newfoundland, Canada, on the coast of the Avalon Peninsula. Term once commonly used in physical anthropology to denote a division of humankind possessing traits that are transmissible by descent and sufficient to characterize it as a distinct human type (e.g., Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid). Today the term has little scientific standing, as older methods of differentiation, including hair form and body measurement, have given way to the comparative analysis of DNA and gene frequencies relating to such factors as blood typing, the excretion of amino acids, and inherited enzyme deficiencies. Because all human populations today are extremely similar genetically, most researchers have abandoned the concept of race for the concept of the cline, a graded series of differences occurring along a line of environmental or geographical transition. This reflects the recognition that human populations have always been in a state of flux, with genes constantly flowing from one gene pool to another, impeded only by physical or ecological boundaries. While relative isolation does preserve genetic differences and allow populations to maximally adapt to climatic and disease factors over long periods of time, all groups currently existing are thoroughly "mixed" genetically, and such differences as still exist do not lend themselves to simple typologizing. "Race" is today primarily a sociological designation, identifying a c_lass sharing some outward physical characteristics and some commonalities of culture and history. See also climatic adaptation, ethnic group, racism. Chicago Race Riot of 1919 East Saint Louis Race Riot Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race relay race automobile racing dogsled racing drag racing Grand Prix racing harness racing horse racing motorcycle racing Quarter horse racing sports car racing stock car racing.

if you read 2. option ( i added all of them because its simply copy-paste ), you'll see it. race is divided into 5 by only one c_lassfication and there are different c_lassfications too. so you just accept one and leave the rest ?

didnt like this dictionary ? here check wiki text http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_%28c_lassification_of_human_beings%29 ( ****word is forbidden so i got error, remove "_" between c and lassification" )

The term race refers to the concept of dividing people into populations or groups on the basis of various sets of characteristics.[1] The most widely used human racial categories are based on visible traits (especially skin color, cranial or facial features and hair texture), and self-identification.[1] [2]

Conceptions of race, as well as specific ways of grouping races, vary by culture and over time, and are often controversial for scientific as well as social and political reasons. The controversy ultimately revolves around whether or not races are natural types or socially constructed, and the degree to which observed differences in ability and achievement, categorized on the basis of race, are a product of inherited (i.e. genetic) traits or environmental, social and cultural factors.

Some argue that although "race" is a valid taxonomic concept in other species, it cannot be applied to humans.[3] Many scientists have argued that race definitions are imprecise, arbitrary, derived from custom, have many exceptions, have many gradations, and that the numbers of races delineated vary according to the culture making the racial distinctions; thus they reject the notion that any definition of race pertaining to humans can have taxonomic rigour and validity.[4] Today most scientists study human genotypic and phenotypic variation using concepts such as "population" and "clinal gradation". Many contend that while racial categorizations may be marked by phenotypic or genotypic traits, the idea of race itself, and actual divisions of persons into races, are social constructs.[5][6][7][8][9][10][11]

so its not only skin color difference. it may be the most common c_lassfication but its not the only c_lassication.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Silent-Hal
Whatever, but the point I was making was that just because America gets things before the rest of the world, doesn't mean it is racist. Konami is a Japanese company so it isn't the fault of anyone in America. His use of the term racism was wrong and it is thrown around too commonly these days. There are different types of discrimination other than racism. Why this turned into an argument about what racism is I'll never know :roll:.
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheLegendKnight

well i didnt defend metalgear-solid for his post.

he just meant usa is powerful enough to get the early release while europe cant, but thats not the reason like i said in my early post

tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 tylea002
Member since 2006 • 2351 Posts

Xenaphobia is a type of racism, racism meaning general prejudice due to background, and Xenophobia being prejudice due to country. Anti-Gingerness is a type of racism. People don't seem to care about that.

Anyway, it is unfair when certain games only come out in america. *cough* the entire digimon series since DWDS. Which are amazing.*cough*

And america is a huge bloated selfish nation that likes to think that it WILL GET WHAT IT WANTS. Aka...oil in iraq :P.

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

^ dude are you crazy? ginger chicks are usually HOT!!!!

btw, we americans don't think we're better than everyone else. you're being racist by making that statement and assuming its true because you've heard your prejudiced friends say it. and also racism is based on a person RACE. any other thing is prejudiced. the 2 are equally bad imo just one is focused directly at race and the other is for ANYTHING, racism is obviously a form of prejudicism. as is anti-semitism or anything else.

if you wanna be pissed at someone because of when games get released then be pissed at the asians since all the games get released over there first then come to america (most likely due to the economic nature of the country) and then they go everywhere else. There are multiple languages in europe and most game companies try to account for that when releasing a game.

tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 tylea002
Member since 2006 • 2351 Posts
I didnt say americans, I said america. Noun: country. Meaning, the government and its leaders.
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

^ america infers all who live in america, not just the gov't. although living in america i agree with you, our gov't is pretty rotten. but again, i go back to the fact that i'm sure the game releases are based on several things including the developers desire to just release something in english or 5 different languages as is the norm for european releases. can you really blame developers for not wanting to have to translate a game into 5 languages and then even possibly dub 5 different casts of voice actors. i agree though i think maybe just take the american/ntsc version and release it as PAL for the europeans. but europe is really adamant about equal rights for everyone which is why i think most games released there are multi languaged, they want to make sure everyone who wants to play it can.

amozarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#19 amozarte
Member since 2008 • 1536 Posts

I didnt say americans, I said america. Noun: country. Meaning, the government and its leaders.tylea002

Well, if you want to start getting really technical, America refers to two continents comprised of dozens of separate countries. But I think we all understood that you were referring to The United States of America ;)

FFuematsufan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 FFuematsufan
Member since 2007 • 574 Posts
do not feed the trolls
Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts

The term 'racism' is nowadays commonly used not only directly between different races, but also between different nationalities.

That's why I said that Konami is showing racism by clearly preferring Americans over all Europeans.

And it is true that Americans think they are better than the rest of the world and can do whatever they want.

Needles-Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Needles-Kane
Member since 2004 • 2040 Posts
For the same reason they didn't release the Silent Hill collection in the U.S.- they're lame.
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Silent-Hal

...not always. Square-Enix's International version mean anything to you?. How 'bout the PAL version of ICO? ...or Forbidden Siren 2?

The term 'racism' is nowadays commonly used not only directly between different races, but also between different nationalities. And it is true that Americans think they are better than the rest of the world and can do whatever they want.metalgear-solid

Funny that.... the only racism I see right now is coming from yourself.....

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Silent-Hal
[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]

Threesixtyci

...not always. Square-Enix's International version mean anything to you?. How 'bout the PAL version of ICO? ...or Forbidden Siren 2?

I said Europe Metal Gear Solid fans, not European gamers in general. I'm well aware that other companies don't screw us over.

asherlin77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 asherlin77
Member since 2004 • 2453 Posts
It's already been released in Japan for a year or two. Get their version.
asherlin77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 asherlin77
We're not better than you. Just better off than you. God Bless the USA.
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Threesixtyci

Gear Solid fans, not European gamers in general. I'm well aware that other companies don't screw us over.Silent-Hal

Heh okay then... well correct me if I'm wrong but did you or did you not get the enhanced version of MGS3 before we did?

Did you buy MGS3 twice to get the enhanced stuff, via the added name of Subsistence?, So... who got screwed over, really, then? It all depends on how you look at it....

It's already been released in Japan for a year or two. Get their version.asherlin77

Umm... how is that going to help? It's still going to be region locked, I'm sure. Whether it be from NTSC Japan or NTSC America.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Silent-Hal

[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]Gear Solid fans, not European gamers in general. I'm well aware that other companies don't screw us over.Threesixtyci

Heh okay then... well correct me if I'm wrong but did you or did you not get the enhanced version of MGS3 before we did?

Did you have buy MGS3 twice to get the enhanced stuff, via the added name of Subsistence?, So... who got screwed over, really, then? It all depends on how you look at it....

We had to wait over 6 months after the release of the US version to play MGS3 and the only extras we got were Duel mode and the Demo Theatre.

Having to wait that long just for some extras taken directly from the main game is being screwed over. And then we still needed to buy the game again to get the upgraded camera system, MG and MG2 ports and MGO in Subsistance.

asherlin77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 asherlin77

[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]Gear Solid fans, not European gamers in general. I'm well aware that other companies don't screw us over.Threesixtyci

Did you have buy MGS3 twice to get the enhanced stuff, via the added name of Subsistence?, So... who got screwed over, really, then? It all depends on how you look at it....

It's already been released in Japan for a year or two. Get their version.asherlin77

Umm... how is that going to help? It's still going to be region locked, I'm sure. Whether it be from NTSC Japan or NTSC America.

Whatever. I thought JPN was PAL.
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Threesixtyci

Did the Pal version come with the 3d camera?

heh... well we had to pay full price for a game that was missing all that bonus stuff, as well as having problems with the radio portions of the game, via ambient sound cut-outs and bad animation movie frame skips. Plus to get the added feature that you guys got the first time around (4 months after the US release, not 6. http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/914828.html), we had to spend an additional fullprice cost for that, too (if we wanted it... 12 months after your version, BTW.)

Think about this... why was it that we got our version first (1 month before Japan)? think maybe they were planning to give us a patched version from the very start, maybe? planned to rape our pockets from the onset? They honestly didn't think we could wait an additional 4 months for the better version?

edit: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/928437.html Anyway, according to this Europe got Subsistence 7 months after we did... So, looks my my argurments is watered down. But then so isyours... 'cause even though you got it late, you still got it. Maybe the essential collection will be late to the European party, as well?

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Silent-Hal

Did the Pal version come with the 3d camera?

heh... well we had to pay full price for a game that was missing all that bonus stuff, as well as having problems with the radio portions of the game, via ambient sound cut-outs and bad animation movie frame skips. Plus to get the added feature that you guys got the first time around (4 months after the US release, not 6. http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/914828.html), we had to spend an additional fullprice cost for that, too (if we wanted it... 12 months after your version, BTW.)

Think about this... why was it that we got our version first (1 month before Japan)? think maybe they were planning to give us a patched version from the very start, maybe? planned to rape our pockets from the onset?

Threesixtyci

You deserved it for getting the game first >_>. Its not really worth complaining about though, there was enough extra stuff to convince even the PAL owners to buy the game again (at a reduced price, of course >_>).

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Threesixtyci

Heh... and then they shut down their servers and screwed everyone.

Soilworkcob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 Soilworkcob
Member since 2003 • 626 Posts
Glad I'm not European because I'm pickin' this baby up!