Why Gamespot always write article about Destiny?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

Dont you think its weird? I mean who have the dedication to write these Xur location stuff or trial fixes for over 5 years now weekly alongside daily updates on everything else. I used to play Destiny and we used to just exchange info on the community (RIP) tab on PS4 and Bungie has a dedicated forum on their website. Gamespot writers could be used for other stuff like reporting whats big in European or Japanese/Asian dev scenes and whatever upcoming worldwide release games from those markets.

-also no idea which sub I should put this thread under.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34614 Posts

Money.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8222 Posts

Sponsored content, Destiny sucks and this is coming from a big Halo fanboy. Bungie fell from grace and outlets are still trying to make it a big thing, but destiny is not it lol

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

Destiny is popular so likely these articles garner traffic and clicks lead to ads which then pays the bills. YouTubers are worse for this though. I hate seeing suggest videos and they all say "major update to Cyberpunk 2077"... there's people out there who have become slaves to their audiences and they only talk about one game forever and every headline is a breaking news headline but it's all the same stuff with every video. Sometimes I wonder if Alex Jones is really that crazy or if he has too become a slave to his audience and would rather be successful as a nut than honest and a nobody.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Don't know, but each time i write something to poop on this garbage empty game, my comments are instantly removed🤭Can't be negative when you're being sponsored by one of the worst shooters around.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

Why is this topic not locked or moved? This has nothing to do with politics.

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e
deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

Wtf is this doing in here?

Avatar image for minimalistische
minimalistische

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By minimalistische
Member since 2021 • 0 Posts

Hallo, what is going on here, ..

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sakaiXx

@minimalistische: indeed 🤔🤔🤔

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts

@sakaixx: I believe this is better suited for Games Discussion than Political Gamers.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sakaiXx

@horgen: thanks for the clarification and help moving the thread!

Newbiegamers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Newbiegamers
Member since 2021 • 23 Posts

you better ask the editor,, LOL,, heheheee,,,

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

It's a top tier shooter that's still very popular, and GS wants to tap in to that just like with all their other articles on popular things.

Plus the competition modes are the pinnacle of pvp competitive console and pc gaming.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts
@shadyacshuns said:

It's a top tier shooter that's still very popular, and GS wants to tap in to that just like with all their other articles on popular things.

As of 2021 Destiny 2's avg. players ratio on Steam (the games most popular platform) is 90,000; which is down -57,000 from its peak in 2019.

Not including all the times the game was free, it is safe to say calling Destiny 2s popularity in 2021 is not entirely true. Namely for a First Person Shooter.

Activision once noted the game was played by over 31 million, yet sources speculate if that number is true considering Activision Blizzard have commonly pulled numbers out the ass. And number per platform only reach roughly half that number.

No means stating Destiny 2 is niche or anything, I also do not think it is as big as many its fans perceive.

If anything Destiny 2 is likely a common sponsor for this website, not to mention it is a game Game Spot seem to cover way more reliably than some other popular games which they get wrong a lot of the time.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kizza_Soze
Member since 2021 • 448 Posts

A shame Bungie can't move on to a story based fps with mp & try to advance the fps genre like they did with the 1st Halo.

Sony should buy them, add them to the stable, & get them back to what they do best!

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I have been wondering that as well. I'm sure it has a good enough fanbase but it can't be THAT popular - I hardly know anyone that actually gives a damn about Destiny these days. Like others have said, Gamespot is most likely sponsored by Bungie/Activision.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58313 Posts

If you google "Destiny" chances are a Gamespot article will be in the top 20 results.

That's why. Traffic, traffic, traffic....clicks clicks clicks...

It wouldn't be so bad if the articles were actual, legitimate journalism with something meaningful to say....but they exist solely to host ads.

@Litchie said:

Money.

Yup.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kizza_Soze
Member since 2021 • 448 Posts

Destiny is a brilliant game deep down, but it is ruined overly expensive expansions of the same thing.....it is Bungie's COD.

MS should have funded them to make a different game after they tired of Halo, or they should have signed with a publisher that isn't renowned for milking it's fanbase.

I like a lot about the game & it is a jump from Halo as far as tightness of gameplay/controls are concerned.....but the issue was, it got stale quick. due to pretty average story, lore, characters, etc. And the MP is convoluted with magic powers & just cheap variations of COD perks (which I also dislike)..... Just go ol' skool, Unreal Tourny, Quake, etc, & get rid of all the bullsh!t to try stand out as edgy!!