Who remembers this highly influential 2013 game?

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts
I painted this by the way
I painted this by the way

It brought me to tears! I'm so sad when Candice died.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11687 Posts

Not familiar with the game based on that art, I was thinking The Last of Us, although the 2K logo made me think potentially Max Payne 3 (I know nothing about Max Payne). However it's an interesting and stacked year you bring up.

Even though it would be the year many beloved franchises would release horrible uninteresting sequels (you know the ones), many great games came out of 2013.

Monster Hunter 4 & Dragon's Crown killing a lot of my free-time as brilliant multiplayer experiences. While MH4G would become the definitive edition of MH4 these two games are some of my favorites games of all time.

Disgaea: Dimension 2 being a good sequel to the original game, simplifying the gameplay of later entires yet maintaining the polish. Just a solid Disgaea game.

Guacamelee being a surprise hit in a time MetroidVania's seem to be dying-out (tough to imagine in 2023)

Then finally while the base-game had some trouble the repackaged Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen released in 2013. . BittleBlack Isle even now is among my favorite expansions to a video game ever. Many still sing its praise a decade later, with a true sequel on the way soon. What a year 2013 was for gaming!

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#3 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts

@RSM-HQ: My drawing has aged so poorly in many ways. Games 10 years ago where so much more interesting than games today.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#4 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15996 Posts

10 out of 10 from gamespot? Bioshock infinite

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11687 Posts

@Alexander2cents: Well you might be onto something considering Monster Hunter 4G is still my favorite MH game. Yet I don't think that's an issue of today's games. Many are still great. It's what games are pushed to the front with poor standards of quality, quite a few are pretty average or even bad. RedFall & Diablo Mobile got a lot of coverage and deserved little. Why, well because it was paid to be on every outlets radar.

It's simply worth looking at a game more carefully and don't believe what these sites such as Game Spot are selling. I do avoid a lot of the recommended games Game Spot and other sites label as 'must plays' (Destiny). as they come across as misleading. Game Spot is also a very flip-floppy site, a decade ago they did podcasts stating Resident Evil was never good and now they've completely changed that tune (though this maybe due to staff changes).

Look no further than the CP2077 marketing campaign; the volume of advertising on this site for the game was hefty to say the least. Marketing manipulation is pretty strong on these sites and when it turns out they're awful, it's the assumption all games are bad by definition. Many people like to be told what games are good so they don't have to think.

No one's willing to search for games anymore unless a mainstream site/ influencer gives the thumbs up. They'd rather play and defend Cyber Punk 2077 on day-one, despite it all being a marketing play, getting people to buy games such as current hot garbage RedFall.

Just look how they trash talked D00M 2016 on this site, I recall on the forums seemingly the only person excited for this game due to Game Spot burying it_

Loading Video...

All while Fall Out 4 was praised as the most important game of modern times.

@sakaixx said:

10 out of 10 from gamespot? Bioshock infinite

Oh shit you're right! Never played the third entry (the first one was ok) however I admittedly also always saw the female lead in a corset dress. Clever marketing, get those 10/10's with trailers always having a good view of her breasts_

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#6 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2979 Posts

Opened this thread expecting Dota 2 or maybe Metal Gear Rising but WTF