While it seems likely that you'll be able to transfer trophies to PS4....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts

... would you continue being a "trophy-hunter" on PS4, if you couldn't transfer your trophies and the past 7 years meant nothing for next-gen? This is obviously directed at those who do actually hunt for trophies. I don't, but I'm curious as to other responses.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#2 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I don't go out of my way for achievements or trophies but if I did it probably wouldn't change anything, scores of past consoles could still be saved and posted online.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

its a yes and a no.

did earn those trophies and isn't the accomplishment enough for yourself? going back to zero is okay....just keep trophy hunting lol

but it would be pretty pointless for us to not be able to carry over trophies....

Avatar image for Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Enfamous_Mr_BHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Member since 2013 • 177 Posts
I could've swore there was an official statement claiming trophies will transfer over, if not it's gonna suck I got 4 100% games and all that time and effort would be for nothing
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
For some reason I care about trophies even less than I cared about achievements. I count myself lucky.
homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts
I could've swore there was an official statement claiming trophies will transfer over, if not it's gonna suck I got 4 100% games and all that time and effort would be for nothingEnfamous_Mr_BHC
You may be thinking of achievements, which will transfer over to XB1. Still no official word on trophies as far as I know, but most presume you will be able to.
Enfamous_Mr_BHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Enfamous_Mr_BHC
man I hope they do it's bad enough next gen we're playing for online on both system, no more ball dropping! Keep my damn trophies records
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#8 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
They will transfer over, but it's not a big deal. I like them to be honest and i want to keep them
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#9 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I would like to say something regarding PlayStation trophies. I am not sure about transferring PS3 trophies to PS4. PlayStation Network accounts are cross-platform and to me a distinguishable difference between PS3 and PS4 trophies is better than combining the numbers together.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Sure.  I love open world RPG's and going for the platinum is a great little checklist to make sure I've done everything in the game.  Without trophies I'd wander around, do whatever sidequests I happened to stumble across, and miss half the game.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
We already know they will carry over (PS+ subscriptions are tied to account, so if they carry over so does the account). Sony have already demonstrated cross-platform trophy accumulation between the Vita and PS4. But as a thought experiment? Alright, I'll bite. It wouldn't bother me if trophies completely vanished altogether to be honest with you. Not a trophy hunter. Not played a game yet that set any interesting challenges.
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
I couldn't give two hoots about trophies so I don't really care what Sony did. I've never understood soe people's obsession with them, it's like they only play games for them.
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonoSilver

Sure.  I love open world RPG's and going for the platinum is a great little checklist to make sure I've done everything in the game.  Without trophies I'd wander around, do whatever sidequests I happened to stumble across, and miss half the game.

Jackc8
This is the attitude that mystifies me. You don't need trophies to explore a game. What did you do before them? "I'm just going to blast through this game as I'm not getting a worthless, virtual badge for doing the sidequests."
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

I could've swore there was an official statement claiming trophies will transfer over, if not it's gonna suck I got 4 100% games and all that time and effort would be for nothingEnfamous_Mr_BHC

its for nothing either way lol

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

[QUOTE="Jackc8"]

MonoSilver

This is the attitude that mystifies me. You don't need trophies to explore a game. What did you do before them? "I'm just going to blast through this game as I'm not getting a worthless, virtual badge for doing the sidequests."

"A great little checklist".  What's so mystifying about that?

Enfamous_Mr_BHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Enfamous_Mr_BHC

[QUOTE="Enfamous_Mr_BHC"]I could've swore there was an official statement claiming trophies will transfer over, if not it's gonna suck I got 4 100% games and all that time and effort would be for nothingFlubbbs

Trophies are for competitive goal oriented ppl. I can't lie I know it's for nothing in the long run and I am not getting paid for it but I'm overly competitive in most things and love to see things get accomplished whether it's at the gym, academics, a video game and etc. I also got a question for monosilver, who in the world is that beautiful model on your sig? That's a bad chic!
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MonoSilver

[QUOTE="MonoSilver"][QUOTE="Jackc8"]

Jackc8

"A great little checklist".  What's so mystifying about that?

Why do you need a check-list though? What about most PC games and all the games before the days of trophies and achievements?
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MonoSilver
[QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

[QUOTE="Enfamous_Mr_BHC"]I could've swore there was an official statement claiming trophies will transfer over, if not it's gonna suck I got 4 100% games and all that time and effort would be for nothingEnfamous_Mr_BHC

Trophies are for competitive goal oriented ppl. I can't lie I know it's for nothing in the long run and I am not getting paid for it but I'm overly competitive in most things and love to see things get accomplished whether it's at the gym, academics, a video game and etc. I also got a question for monosilver, who in the world is that beautiful model on your sig? That's a bad chic!

That's Mellisa Clarke. Google is your friend. (NSFW)
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

[QUOTE="Enfamous_Mr_BHC"]I could've swore there was an official statement claiming trophies will transfer over, if not it's gonna suck I got 4 100% games and all that time and effort would be for nothingEnfamous_Mr_BHC

Trophies are for competitive goal oriented ppl. I can't lie I know it's for nothing in the long run and I am not getting paid for it but I'm overly competitive in most things and love to see things get accomplished whether it's at the gym, academics, a video game and etc.

Competitive for you, maybe, but for some of us they're more of a records-keeping device, or game diary of sorts. They don't motivate me to do things in games I'd otherwise not bother with most of the time, but they're still fun to have around.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#20 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I have little doubt they'll carry over, especially since they implemented and carried over trophies on the Vita. I would be disappointed, but it wouldn't kill me to have 2 separate collections I guess.