...which is the game which Nicole Kidman plays on TV?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts

Every time I went into a game store or a general entertainmen store this last month I saw at least one elderly lady pick up Brain Training (or More Brain Training), or a DSLite + Brain Training. The worst (or most comical if you like) thing happened today when I was in an hmv looking at the DS games section. A woman in her 60ies was arguing with her daughter (in her 40ies) as to which was the game that Nicole was playing in the advertisment, in the end they asked me (I do look knowledgeable :P ), and I solved the mystery ... and they happily bought More Brain Training in the knowledge that Nicole Kidman plays it.

Moral of the story? Nintendo has gone from a company who relied on lifelong fans and word-of-mouth and wouldn't advertise to save its life, to a company playing Nicole Kidman to play Brain Training on an advertisment and has seen a reversal of fortune by it. Shows how far advertising and marketing can take a company which somehow for some reason leaves me feeling a little flat.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Why don't we have that commercial in Finland? Nintendo's marketing has been really bad in Finland. It's funny to see people arguing about stuff like that.