Which is better PC or Console Gaming?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

oggamerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By oggamerz

Poll Which is better PC or Console Gaming? (63 votes)

PC Gaming 59%
Console Gaming 41%

This is a pretty hot topic online, and someone or the other ends up asking this question every now and then. Both the console and PC have existed since decades and this debate has been ‘on’ since then. But with the rise of the next-gen consoles like the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and the Switch , this debate has further intensified and many console gamers have started doubting the future of PC gaming. But even with all the doubts, PC gaming is here to stay, and is definitely better in a lot of ways, compared to consoles…The PC is Customizable http://oggamerz.com/index.php/2017/02/21/pc-console-gaming-better/

• 
demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

PCs are for winners. Consoles are for loser babies, who are physically and mentally our inferior. They are also poor, and bereft of any moral or social value.

*Murca!

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

What's 2+2?

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Where the both?

If I had to pick from the two then I would say console since those that are on them are more mature. Just look at how fast PC only gamers say the childish statements like calling those on console gamers name and the like. I always have a console so I do not end up with as a PC only and in the worse group of gamers.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#4 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Not this bloody thread again...

Can I flag this? Is "beating a dead horse into a bloody unrecognisable mulch" enough grounds for a lock? Mods, please say yes.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10479 Posts

think most on here would agree that board gaming is where it's at

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

But with the rise of the next-gen consoles like the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and the Switch

Switch is primarily a handheld, like the 3DS and not a console, having a docking station doesn't make it one. Handhelds are awesome! But not apart of this over used topic-

As for Console V P.C. I play on both, and like both for different games.

Dark Souls III for example is only fun on P.C. if you play offline as the community is full of hackers; had my save data damaged due to a few encounters and it's just not worth it. However on PS4 I never had such an experience and the framerate is stable enough to be satisfied.

Then I play games like War for the Overworld, D00M, and Elite: Dangarous on P.C. because they're built for Mouse and Keyboard in mind and the community isn't full of jerks like in DkSIII.

It really takes a pathetic person to not see why both have benefits. And why anyone who plays games can enjoy both sides_

SnuwWulfie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SnuwWulfie
Member since 2017 • 41 Posts

@wiouds said:

Where the both?

If I had to pick from the two then I would say console since those that are on them are more mature. Just look at how fast PC only gamers say the childish statements like calling those on console gamers name and the like. I always have a console so I do not end up with as a PC only and in the worse group of gamers.

Well, you need to know where to look if you want mature communities but there are allot of them that don't tolerate immature behavior etc. I know plenty of players who play on the pc and besides the people who only curse etc (which i avoid, which is easy because it's usually either the whole comunity or none of them) most of them are respectable and mature while at the same time each comunity is different in which some everyone acts goofy while at the same time expect others to act mature.

I do not have allot of experience on console gaming but as for what I know there are just as many people, acting like how you describe the people playing on the pc, playing on the console. If I would be wrong I highly doubt this topic would have existed for so long. Just because you do not see something does not mean it's not there.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

I prefer console gaming... others prefer PC. Whatevs.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56216 Posts

I'm just gonna leave it like this:

narita_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 narita_04
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

I like the convenience of my consoles: 99% of the time I can play any video game available for my PS4 knowing it will just work with minimal slowdown. If I had a PC, I'd always be wondering whether it could handle the games I want to play - and if it couldn't, I'd have to spend time and money upgrading parts etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#13 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

PC is better in every way, that is the plain truth, there is nothing consoles hold against PCs, nothing, all it can do is keep a few games hostage to create the illusion that exclusivity gives consoles some kind of "advantage", consoles don't have exclusives because PCs can't handle them, consoles don't have features that are exclusivity to it (save for Nintendo consoles post Wii) that would justify a game's exclusivity, consoles in general do not have any distinctive features that justify exclusivity, games are exclusive because a developer says so, thats it, there is nothing more to it, this is not an advantage, its a handicap, and you are paying for it like an utter fool and convince yourself that its something special, even going as far as calling it "an advantage", its both pathetic and sickening, and anybody who doesn't see that is either a fanboy or is too afraid to speak the truth because they want to virtue signal how more tolerant they are, I mean really? what can a PS4 Pro do that a PC can't? lets have a bloody discussion, list the pros and cons for both platforms, lets TRY to reach a conclusion, stop being so god damn regressive!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44295 Posts

It's all dependant on the individual. Personally I prefer consoles but to each their own.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Dark_sageX: Can't tell if you're just a jerk or trying to convince yourself that a console is useless when it has advantages. Let's just make two notes on what a console can do better without even using the exclusive 'excuse'. As P.C. also has many exclusives in its own right and are also enjoyable.

For starters less tweaking in settings are more getting straight into the game. Not just running to mods for superficial costumes and other junk. But parts, and basic settings for your set-up, as every P.C. is different. A console however, is set to function every game for its hardware with no exceptions. You could argue that some of these tweaks make the gaming experience increase the games value and polish for the P.C. platform (assuming you meet the demands?), but somethings you can't improve. Which I will cover in part two; which is one that I did in my comment previously, but now to a greater extent.

Toxic community. Now read it all before you get the wrong idea, all communities have fanbois and idiots with bias opinions, but none are worse than found in the 'Master Race' set of players like yourself. That have a very transparent mind-set

PC is better in every way

this is not an advantage, its a handicap

you are paying for it like an utter fool

I can't even make this stuff up. It further shows players like you don't know what consoles do or are built for. Blindly basing your preferred purchase in arrogance.

what can a PS4 Pro do that a PC can't?

Which brings me to the last part of point two, you can't fix hackers in games. No mods or beefed Ram fixes a terrible community filled with awful players out to ruin other peoples gaming sessions.

And Dark Souls III (being a game I've suffered first hand on P.C.) is hacker territory. Making it a superior online experience on console. And as someone who has it on both PS4 and P.C. it's a FACT! Don't believe me? Go on the game right now with a 110 level character in any area of the game and you'll commonly come across this

Loading Video...

As the video even shows these Hackers cheat because they are pretty bad at the game, so why even play the game? It'll be noted in just a moment. As it's not just this game, Blizzard is continuously on its toes dealing with hackers in games such as Overwatch and WoW. You even have P.C. hackers trying to sue Blizzard because now they can't enjoy the game, which is a hot topic on most gaming websites at the moment_

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753486499

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/14/14614168/overwatch-hacking-problem-south-korea

I like both Console and P.C. but if someone wants to add to this P.C. Vs Console comparison? Please do; both have far more reasons why to play for both sides and reasons to spite.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

@snuwwulfie said:
@wiouds said:

Where the both?

Well, you need to know where to look if you want mature communities but there are allot of them that don't tolerate immature behavior etc. I know plenty of players who play on the pc and besides the people who only curse etc (which i avoid, which is easy because it's usually either the whole comunity or none of them) most of them are respectable and mature while at the same time each comunity is different in which some everyone acts goofy while at the same time expect others to act mature.

I do not have allot of experience on console gaming but as for what I know there are just as many people, acting like how you describe the people playing on the pc, playing on the console. If I would be wrong I highly doubt this topic would have existed for so long. Just because you do not see something does not mean it's not there.

I am sure there are mature in both groups. My point is that when every there a PC or console forum post it seem to almost always have PC only people that are being the more immature one posting. I know it a petty reason to choose console but I am a both type of gamers. It is better combined. I say same thing for about how controller, mouse and keyboard is the best control system.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dark_sageX

@wiouds: less tweaking in settings are more getting straight into the game.

a - You can do that on PC as well, nobody is forcing you to do any tweaking.

b - understand that on consoles its not that you "don't have to" go through tweaking, its that YOU CAN'T on consoles, understanding this fundamental basics will help you understand that having OPTIONS is a GOOD thing, and that not having something is not an advantage, please take your time to comprehend this and try not to take sides, look at the hard cold facts and accept them.

A console however, is set to function every game for its hardware with no exceptions

Is that so? give me a game on PC that doesn't work on a PC.

Toxic community. Now read it all before you get the wrong idea,

Don't care, has nothing to do with PC gaming itself. I can also say that console community is infested with stupid 12 year olds who brag about soliciting each other's mothers, but that has nothing to do with consoles itself no does it? lets just stay focused on the platform,

besides Hackers are very rare in the PC community and those that get caught face heavy consequences, you make it sound as though the majority of PC gamers are no life basement dwellers who have the time to make the effort to hack in their games, an amusing myth I admit but I would rather focus on reality, truth to the matter is, I never ran into any hackers, neither have you and most people on this forum.

I can't even make this stuff up. It further shows players like you don't know what consoles do or are built for. Blindly basing your preferred purchase in arrogance.

You have failed to list any actual advantages, and until you do I have no reason to back down. Arrogance has nothing to do with it, PCs are in fact better than consoles and there are many arguments i can use to back up my claim, you on the other hand can't, so how do you expect to treat both platforms like they are equal when one of them clearly is superior? thats just utterly regressive behavior that benefits nobody, would you call me arrogant if I said cars are better transport vehicles than scooters?

Jut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jut
Member since 2015 • 250 Posts

Different tools for different jobs.

WHATDAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WHATDAF
Member since 2016 • 33 Posts

The only consoles that are worth something are Nintendo consoles, $ony and M$ Consoles are shitty over priced consoles.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Dark_sageX:

You can do that on PC as well, nobody is forcing you to do any tweaking

For War for the Overworld my settings needed to be changed as it was having some weird grid-like overlay across all textures/models because it wasn't set to my computers set-up effectively. Something you won't find with games on Console.

Rarely do I have this problem when playing on P.C. but you do come across it. One of the most common people need to change is the FOV filter for games. As it either over-clocks peoples computer, or is neutrally set too low.

Don't care, has nothing to do with PC gaming itself

If you don't have a good reason to counter the argument why do so? Can't successfully PvP in games that are all about PvP, or naturally rely on it for replay-value? I would say that does effect the game, and it's ignorant to overlook it.

You have failed to list any actual advantages

Actually I did (as noted above), you just didn't read them or didn't understand what I was explaining. Take your pick. But eitherway I'm getting a good vibe that you're very immature.

Why don't you read what some others are posting if mine is too long for you_

narita_04said: I like the convenience of my consoles: 99% of the time I can play any video game available for my PS4 knowing it will just work with minimal slowdown. If I had a PC, I'd always be wondering whether it could handle the games I want to play - and if it couldn't, I'd have to spend time and money upgrading parts etc.

jutsaid: Different tools for different jobs.

The issue here is as mentioned earlier, you are choosing to be ill-informed and blaming everyone else for not being as transparent as yourself. But believe what you want, I play both and like them for different reasons. And I doubt you've bought a Console for a long-time; so your opinion isn't worth anymore of my time_

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator

@Dark_sageX: @RSM-HQ: Okay if there's one damn thing I hate seeing is this whole PC vs Console crap, it's just plain silly stupid. Yes Dark_sageX, there is no argument, the PC is better. Today's developers develop towards the PC and then port-down to the consoles, or they develop towards consoles and port-up to the PC. They want as much money as possible. With the PS4 and Xbox One having hardware so similar to the PC, it's becoming easier and easier for developers to take on ambitious cross-platform projects. PC's are more powerful and offer varied control types and modding. Consoles have exclusive games and unique UI and interactive experiences. It kind of stops and ends there. For me however, I like to game with friends on consoles, I like to get certain Achievements/Trophies on my consoles, and it's why I like to game both. I have a high-end PC but that doesn't mean I game primary on PC, I game both and right now, I'm PC/PS4/Wii U gamer that I think it's the best combo and playing MS games on PC is a bonus now and I personally think Xbox One console is a waste of time & money but that's another story.

Also Dark, you failed to see what RSM-HQ was talking about. Everyone has there gaming preference, always! Just because you primary game on PC doesn't mean everyone should, (I do agree everyone should game on PC but it's not my place to tell someone if they like consoles then PC) and there are games that don't show up on PC so it's at least one advantage over a PC.

@Random_Matt:I didn't think you're still into PC?

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Consoles are just limited budget pc's.

So basically even as a console player you are a PC gamer.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#23 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Both are good for gaming,

In terms of plug&play consoles have an advantage but other than that they are equal.

GetReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GetReal
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

Compare yourself to a hungry poor African, ask HIM/HER/SHEMALE if they have this dilemma? You're a greedy little so-and-so IMHO, and you should get a job, you spoilt little b*stard (OP).

ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts

a real gamer should own both of them. pc and console

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#26 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@davillain-: Decided that taking two years off was a bad idea. I honestly thought the PS4 era would do away with sub 30 FPS experiences. Gone back to PC, guess i stay with it forever, even though upgrades can be pricey.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dark_sageX

@RSM-HQ:For War for the Overworld my settings needed to be changed as it was having some weird grid-like overlay across all textures/models because it wasn't set to my computers set-up effectively. Something you won't find with games on Console.

That game isn't on consoles, so you don't know what it would have been like, try comparing multiplats. Besides again you didn't have to tweak it, you could have just did exactly what you did with consoles, accept it for what it is and ignore it, of course on PC KNOWING that the tiny things you don't like CAN be changed with a click of a button is very difficult to resist, but in the end if tweaking bothers you so much you could have left it as is. On the other hand there were a bunch of things on console exclusives that I wish I could have changed, like disabling motion blur on God of War III, or enable Anti-Aliasing on Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge (and yes shut up it was an awesome game), but the options was not there for me so I was forced against my will to accept it, on PC you don't have that problem, and THAT is an advantage, having no options is NOT an advantage, I can't stretch that simple enough.

If you don't have a good reason to counter the argument why do so?

I don't have to because its completely irrelevant, the community of a platform is an entirely different discussion, we are talking about what the PS4 Pro offers that a PC can't. If you are gonna throw any random subject without much thought then why don't we also throw in Pets and Ice Cream into the discussion? its irrelevant but HEY its an "argument" right? you can perhaps say the community is better on consoles because there are less cheaters (mostly because they can't but thats a subject for another day), but that doesn't have anything to do with the platform itself.

As a simple analogy: lots of BMW drivers are idiots (and I can post videos of idiots driving BMWs) but does that make BMW cars better or worse than other cars? no, so why even bring that up? we are comparing products here, how many idiots drive BMWs does not reflect on the features and quality of BMW cars.

Actually I did (as noted above)

All you did was tell me you can't customize games on consoles (and try to sell that point to me as an "advantage"), and then you threw in "There are no hackers on consoles" which a) is not true and b) completely irrelevant. The personality of the community (and I'm stretching that term to extremes because again hackers are practically minuscule and people almost never run into any) does not reflect the ability of a machine,

Also, you did not address this:

A console however, is set to function every game for its hardware with no exceptions

Is that so? give me a game on PC that doesn't work on a PC.

The issue here is as mentioned earlier, you are choosing to be ill-informed and blaming everyone else for not being as transparent as yourself. But believe what you want, I play both and like them for different reasons. And I doubt you've bought a Console for a long-time; so your opinion isn't worth anymore of my time_

I assume that was directed at me?

I shun people who are not transparent with my chin high up, I despise dishonesty in any form, and where was I ill-informed exactly? did I say anything about consoles or PCs that was false?

Correct, I haven't had a console in a long time, the last console I owned was a PS3, how is a PS4 any different? can I customize my settings of games on PS4? can i upgrade my hardware as I please? can i do other things with a PS4 besides play a select few games that publishers ALLOW me to? can I play my PS3, PS2 and PS1 games on them at 1080p 60fps? can I emulate classic SNES games?

do I have to own a console to argue for or against one? and finally, at what point in our conversation have I given any statement that can rational be called an "opinion"? or are you just calling it that to diminish my position?

@davillain-: Let me ask you a simple question, if all those exclusive games on PS4 and WiiU were on PC, would you have ever picked up those consoles? because I find it interesting that you are also taking the "both have advantage" argument but then call the Xbox One a "waste of time and money", you can play some Xbox games on PC using UWP but surely the Xbox One version has an "advantage" over the PC version?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#28 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@davillain- said:

Exactly!!! lol...but I will say that logically, the PC has better performance, but the consoles have better exclusives. I don't think you can get anymore practical then that.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

While I understand the desire to have these discussions, I don't really see the point. I vote videogames.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@Dark_sageX said:

@davillain-: Let me ask you a simple question, if all those exclusive games on PS4 and WiiU were on PC, would you have ever picked up those consoles? because I find it interesting that you are also taking the "both have advantage" argument but then call the Xbox One a "waste of time and money", you can play some Xbox games on PC using UWP but surely the Xbox One version has an "advantage" over the PC version?

To answer your question on "if all those exclusive games on PS4 and WiiU were on PC, would you have ever picked up those consoles?" If I can meet my gaming friends online for some good old MP gaming without paying online fees of course, then yes, I would've game on my PC only. But for Nintendo's case, that will never happen, Nintendo will always be making gaming consoles and they are the only one's still innovating as well, so yeah, I like what they are doing and Nintendo has always been eco PC friendly for those who are Wii U or Switch/PC which has always been the winning combo.

Now however on MS case, if you are okay dealing with windows 10 store UWP, then you should be okay playing MS games on PC despite it ain't Steam's level but there are hardly any MS games for me to play thus purchasing Xbox One would be a waste of money but if anyone hates windows 10 store then I can understand why purchasing Xbox One would make sense to some.

Like I said, I don't mind gaming on consoles these days, I do find myself gaming both and it depends on games I want to play on my system, it just comes as to rather I play with friends on consoles and I have lots of friends on both XBL/PSN but I game more on PS4 for MP and exclusive games as well and when it comes to single player only, I'll always buy those games on PC.

Lastly, there are very, very few games that don't come to PC. Red Dead Redemption & Destiny never had there PC versions and it's a slight advantage for consoles over PC if you know what I mean.

@MarcRecon said:
@davillain- said:

Exactly!!! lol...but I will say that logically, the PC has better performance, but the consoles have better exclusives. I don't think you can get anymore practical then that.

It's a flip of a coin on what you want to game on but since the coin is standing and not flat, I pick both. Truth be told, PC is the way to go for good sales, better framerates and no online fees. Nintendo & Sony will always have there own exclusive games on there own consoles. Decisions, decisions.

Khazrak134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#31 Khazrak134
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

from an objective point of view, PC gaming is better.

But from a personal view, i like Console gaming more. At least right now, i flip flop ever 6 months or so.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#32 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

Technically there's no better, just preferable. And I PREFER consoles.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

PC - single player and multiplayer

Consoles - multiplayer only

Difference is consoles have a dedicated voice chat service where as in PC i probably have to log in different services depending on the game i play.

Also PC does have too many different digital gamestore platforms. I just wish there was one service that brings all the platforms (steam, uplay, origin) together when i login.

Ultimately wherever your friends are & whatever makes ya happy!

Left4Jess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 Left4Jess
Member since 2017 • 41 Posts

PC's for sure, but I have to say it is nice to lay on my couch and play from my PS4 or Xbone.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

As long as your gaming who cares?!? Neither is better or worse.

ChasinTheTrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ChasinTheTrane
Member since 2017 • 63 Posts

It depends on how you like to game and what your budget is. If budget isn't a problem and you don't care about portability, then PC is the obvious winner, since it can be adapted for just about any experience, whether you like gaming at your desk or couch. The biggest selling point of consoles is how much cheaper and easier they are to use. But following what VFighter said, if you're gaming and having fun, who cares?!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I don't give a flying **** which is the best I just play videogames because they make me happy and they're fun.

Johnmclane26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Johnmclane26
Member since 2016 • 255 Posts

I don't think i have a high enough arrogance level to be a PC gamer or worry about frame rate and resolution enough.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

I switched to console from PC and I'm enjoying console more so I'll say console.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DaVillain  Moderator

Notice the OP never bother to reply his/her own thread?

@narlymech said:

I switched to console from PC and I'm enjoying console more so I'll say console.

This is one of those statements I never understood and no, it's not my business to ask why you like consoles over PC but it's one of those rare statement you will see anyone saying this.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RSM-HQ

@davillain- said:

Notice the OP never bother to reply his/her own thread?

@narlymech said:

This is one of those statements I never understood and no, it's not my business to ask why you like consoles over PC but it's one of those rare statement you will see anyone saying this.

Why is this thread always getting bumped when no one reads the rational comments?

I like the convenience of my consoles: 99% of the time I can play any video game available for my PS4 knowing it will just work with minimal slowdown. If I had a PC, I'd always be wondering whether it could handle the games I want to play - and if it couldn't, I'd have to spend time and money upgrading parts etc.

It's all dependant on the individual.

Different tools for different jobs.

PC does have too many different digital gamestore platforms. I just wish there was one service that brings all the platforms (steam, uplay, origin) together when i login.

Ultimately wherever your friends are & whatever makes ya happy!

This whole thread should be moved to System Wars. Because at this point it's a bunch of kids saying "mine is better than yours" "nu-uh".

The level of hot-air found from some here is knocking down my I.Q.

As stated before, both have preferences, and different focus. I can understand using a Console over P.C. and many will, it is more focused on getting into the experience developed than tinkering around as mentioned above. Not to mention all games are built for that hardware and fully support all features advertised in the game.

P.C. can be dependent on your set-up and how bad the Community wants to damage a game for others. As P.C. Communities have more control over Multiplayer activities than on Console. And that's not entirely a good thing.

However. For the most part P.C. will always have superior multiplatform ports down to Mod Communities constant support, and custom specs to fit many different set-ups. But this goes back to my argument of tinkering.

I use my P.C. always for games I simply can't get on Console (Owlboy, Freedom Planet 2) or games that just benefit Keyboard and Mouse (Dungeon Keeper, D00M2016, Elite IV).

I think if you only want to play games at 120FPS and to download useless Mods out of boredom

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/154/?

You need to rethink on why you play that game. . It's the same as adding spice to an already seasoned dish.

(Last thoughts) Some of you guys, regardless of side, are just embarrassing yourselves.

It's good I like games too much to give them up due to fanbois_

jmcc84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jmcc84
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts

If you have enough money to build a Top-End PC, then PC is your best choice. Otherwise I recommend buying a PS4 (forget Xbox One)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@RSM-HQ: Again, notice the TC hasn't even reply in this thread since it was created. At this point, it doesn't need to be move to System Wars, it needs to be locked.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

completely subjective, many would think that PC exclusives are better than console exclusives.

@johnmclane26 said:

I don't think i have a high enough arrogance level to be a PC gamer or worry about frame rate and resolution enough.

Worrying about resolution and frame rate seems to be more common with console players, cows never miss an opportunity to mention a multi plat is running at a better resolution and frame rate than an Xbox One.

Looking at the threads on system wars now, majority of them display arrogant tendencies from console players eg Sony Circle jerk Threads, Xbox Bashing threads etc.

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

And the war between console and PC gamers will begin in 3, 2, 1....

danielgozun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By danielgozun
Member since 2017 • 12 Posts

Lets go with console... console was created for us to play a game unlike pc first its for office or business data or equipment.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

I'm doing the pc/switch combo and lovin it. Pc takes care of 95% of my gaming needs and all that's left is some easy convenient fun Nintendo titles to play on my Switch. Lovin the new Zelda and Master Blaster game.

MegaButterfree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MegaButterfree
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

I personally prefer console.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58390 Posts

PC

it's what I grew up on.

I Played console at my friends', but PC is what I returned to and played at home. And try as I might, I Just can't get used to those damn controllers. They are so damn ridiculous to use!

@ycdeo said:

a real gamer should own both of them. pc and console

This was my goal a year or so ago. I bought a Steam Link and controller and was like "OK, I'm going to train myself to learn to use a controller" and if I can do it, I'm going to buy a PS4

and so I have this huge backlog of games and a lot of them work great with controller (lots of multiplat titles in there, right?) so I try and try), but I just can't do it man, I Don't know why it's so cumbersome. Maybe I'm too old (30) to learn at this point? Maybe I need to spend more time with it? Ugh, I was so disappointed.

I was only doing it for the three or four exclusives that looked enticing, tbh, so really I didn't feel all that bad about it. Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, and THe Last Guardian looked cool but whatever no big loss.