Which console has the biggest gaming library in general?

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts
Your PS2 list, if I remove all collection that contain only PS2 games (Which already exist and don't count.) and remove bundles which Sony considers different games even though it's the same game by itself (lol.) Ps2 only has 32 more games than the Xbox 360. I predict a possibility of passing during the holiday season.
LordBrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 LordBrew
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]

I never understood why a TC would get angry at people answering a question he asked.

StatusShuffle

Answering with nothing showing you got the answer? Man,

Why not do some research and then make a thread?

Seems pointless to instigate an investigation only to argue with people who actually DO some investigating.

LordBrew

I did did you even read the OP?

I did, you mention sources but don't quote any/provide any evidence. Maybe it would've been useful to provide some sources of research?

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

Answering with nothing showing you got the answer? Man, StatusShuffle

Man you are something else. You ask a quesiton and then argue with people who give you the answer.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#54 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

It's hilarious that StatusShuffle/Another48Hours actually thinks anyone is gonna take his word for it over all these sources. GameFAQs and Wikipedia may not always be absolutely accurate to the minute details, but they aren't obviously wrong either (Not to mention all the other Googling people have done on this thread). But StatusShuffle/Another48Hours somehow is more credible? HA HA HA!!! :lol:

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By StatusShuffle

This is very simple/.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 StatusShuffle

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] Answering with nothing showing you got the answer? Man, Ragnarok1051

Man you are something else. You ask a quesiton and then argue with people who give you the answer.

Really? This thread is about NUMBERS. No one would have someone post numbers with no links, How would I know where they got the numbers from? On further inspection you are a troll. Perhaps maybe i should post all the threads you posted in since you joined where you did the same thing? I didn't think so you dumb idiot.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

It's hilarious that StatusShuffle/Another48Hours actually thinks anyone is gonna take his word for it over all these sources. GameFAQs and Wikipedia may not always be absolutely accurate to the minute details, but they aren't obviously wrong either (Not to mention all the other Googling people have done on this thread). But StatusShuffle/Another48Hours somehow is more credible? HA HA HA!!! :lol:

StatusShuffle

Yeah because I actually counted. Something you can't due because your brain isn't used enough so that attention span is low. And no matter how much you say I am this A48 guy it's not going to magically be true. You don't have any back-up so you are just making yourself look like a child. Another lie here's your wife:  Since you can;t back your claim that you have a wife, obviously i can logically assume out of many ways that you are hiding in the closet, So Emerald-Warrior/Homo-Warrior has no credibility once again. And you can't claim it's offensive because you are claiming you have a wife which as far as I know it's a lie, so I am going to keep doing this like you do me until you learn how stupid you are.

Me and the wife at Aftershock Tour last weekend (Stone Temple Pilots, Bush, Deftones, and Chevelle):

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/546415_477092952312354_1759545057_n.jpg

Now, are you done with the wife thing? Because it is completely unacceptable to keep bringing my wife into your ridiculous trolling crap. You don't see me insulting your mother, do you?

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 StatusShuffle

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Emerald_Warrior

Yeah because I actually counted. Something you can't due because your brain isn't used enough so that attention span is low. And no matter how much you say I am this A48 guy it's not going to magically be true. You don't have any back-up so you are just making yourself look like a child. Another lie here's your wife:  Since you can;t back your claim that you have a wife, obviously i can logically assume out of many ways that you are hiding in the closet, So Emerald-Warrior/Homo-Warrior has no credibility once again. And you can't claim it's offensive because you are claiming you have a wife which as far as I know it's a lie, so I am going to keep doing this like you do me until you learn how stupid you are.

Me and the wife at Aftershock Tour last weekend (Stone Temple Pilots, Bush, Deftones, and Chevelle):

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/546415_477092952312354_1759545057_n.jpg

Now, are you done with the wife thing? Because it is completely unacceptable to keep bringing my wife into your ridiculous trolling crap. You don't see me insulting your mother, do you?

It's as unacceptable as you keep calling me the same thing over and over and thinking somehow that will magically change me into the person you keep talking about like a 5 year old kid. At least I know now why you have a hard time reading now. I suppose I could stop the wife thing now since you asked so nicely. However... hee hee hee.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Emerald_Warrior

It's as unacceptable as you keep calling me the same thing over and over and thinking somehow that will magically change me into the person you keep talking about like a 5 year old kid. At least I know now why you have a hard time reading now. I suppose I could stop the wife thing now since you asked so nicely. However... hee hee hee.StatusShuffle

You've already outed yourself by posting with your alt-accounts by accident in other threads, that's why I keep doing it. Other members here saw it, too. Not to mention the similar ridiculous troll threads you create, just like this one. I don't think it's unacceptable when it's true. I think you're nothing more than a troll and a stain on this community and should leave. How is it that 3 or 4 bans with your other accounts isn't enough to give you the hint that you're not wanted around here? All you want to do is create flame-wars with the other members here and it's getting really old.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#62 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
I reported you Status, you're going too far. And Emerald is right, everyone knows who you are. And even IF you weren't who we think you are, you're just as bad to have around at times.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]I reported you Status, you're going too far. And Emerald is right, everyone knows who you are. And even IF you weren't who we think you are, you're just as bad to have around at times.

Lol, I AM going to far? With what? No one knows crap, you all are just trolling. I have presented facts proving Emerald Warrior is a double standard punk to me for no real reason and has been proven wrong many times and continues to bicker about stupid thing. All my threads are usually fine with mostly him messing up some of them so how can I be bad to have around? Based on what? Based on you being dumb> What are you reporting me for? telling the truth with linked evidence? no that doesn't make sense. His wife? Not seeing proof, if he can claim things about nothing and is allowed to randomly post nonsense at me every singe damn time he posts in my threads or others for NO reason, and then claim I am someone I am not when i already made him vanish many times, and that link above in my post is just one, then how come I can't the way he does? I see no proof he has a wife, and I have imaginary friends just like he does that saw him steal the picture from google. Just as accurate as he is. Lol, you even indirectly admitted you are just joining on the trolling. "Even If?" You would not have added that if you were sure, and of course once again, this is not a new thing, and Emerald, as shown in the link, has problems, and has no idea what he is talking about as do you Dudersaper, troll in crime. Link shows those horrible "flame-threads" that don't exist. Don't care how mad you get all the above is true, so what exactly are you reporting me for? For doing what he did and defending myself with a link that shows he just spouts lies? Good luck with that you are such a smart person wow. All can be fine if Emerald stops with the random picking on me for no reason every 15 seconds because whatever his problem is and bam, things are fine like there were when I was making those "troll threads" like "What do you think about status shuffle" oh no......How dare i post a thread about opinions on legacy platforms. your right Dudersaper I went to farrrr, oh noez. Just stop be nice things workout thanks, all I am asking. This random picking on me for no reason and having people join in for no reasons and never to anyone else is usually in SW, so yeah stop.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Emerald_Warrior

That's right. All of us are the trolls here, not you. Just like all the rest of the internet is wrong about PS2 having the biggest game library, not you. :roll:

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 StatusShuffle

That's right. All of us are the trolls here, not you. Just like all the rest of the internet is wrong about PS2 having the biggest game library, not you. :roll:

Emerald_Warrior
I actually admitted I was wrong when someone posted factual numbers instead of wikipedia articles that said the Ps2 had over 10,000 games. look like you just admitted your are dodgin your failure and are continuing to troll. you can stop at anytime. You keep hurting yourself.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Emerald_Warrior

StatusShuffle

I actually admitted I was wrong when someone posted factual numbers instead of wikipedia articles that said the Ps2 had over 10,000 games. look like you just admitted your are dodgin your failure and are continuing to troll. you can stop at anytime. You keep hurting yourself.

lol! That's rich. The guy that attacks people's wives is claiming I'm making myself look bad.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#67 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I reported you Status, you're going too far. And Emerald is right, everyone knows who you are. And even IF you weren't who we think you are, you're just as bad to have around at times.Dudersaper

I don't usually like when people report others, but good for you. StatusShuffle is probably the worst poster on GS and is a cancer to this forum. He's not only mean-spirited, argumentative and petty, but he's also unreasonably stupid, which is a terrible combination. He must either live alone or act completely different offline because I don't see how anybody could stand such an ugly personality in real life.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#68 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I never understood why a TC would get angry at people answering a question he asked.

Ragnarok1051

Because StatusShuffle doesn't feel comfortable unless he's arguing with someone. He can't have a cordial conversation ever.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Dudersaper

[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]I reported you Status, you're going too far. And Emerald is right, everyone knows who you are. And even IF you weren't who we think you are, you're just as bad to have around at times.GreySeal9

I don't usually like when people report others, but good for you. StatusShuffle is probably the worst poster on GS and is a cancer to this forum. He's not only mean-spirited, argumentative and petty, but he's also unreasonably stupid, which is a terrible combination. He must either live alone or act completely different offline because I don't see how anybody could stand such an ugly personality in real life.

And I don't usually report anyone no matter what. I just really thought it was unnecessary to take it to a personal level the way he did, especially to Emerald.
damienvox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 damienvox
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
If in terms of games released intended for said console it is ps2 if it is all together it would be the first generation ps3...now to explain Its simple the ps2 had over 3k titles made for it and could play the 800 of the ps1 makeing for 4000 versus 1300 for xbox original the ps3 looses to xbox in terms of titles intended for it but in terms of available playable titles the ps3 wins but only the first gen the other newer ps3's are only backwards compatible to the ps1 not the 2 so the newer ones have thier own and the ps1 and ps2 remakes but not all the ps2 titles playable so in the end the newer ps3's play less then xbox but original ps3's play more by far but in terms of titles intended for said system yes ps2 had the most by far....hope this helps :)
XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

In a way the original Playstation 3 60 & 20 Gigers have the biggest gaming library. The entire original Playstation library, The entrie Playstation 2 library, And the entire Playstation 3 library. Plus all of the PSN games library. So for a single console that can play the most games PS3 launch models cannot be equalled.

But for a single console, With only offical releases The Playstation 2 which has lasted from March 2000- Aug/Sept 2012 ? Maybe the Atari 2600 with a lifespan of 14 years and tons of games, Most of which are unoffical. Which is one of the reasons for the Videogame industry Crash of 1983.

Atari 2600 or PS2 for a single console, Phat PS3 20 & 60 Gigers for the biggest gaming library in general.

Megavideogamer
If you really wanna go there then technically the pc has the biggest libary because it can play any system other than the xbox, xbox 360 and ps3
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Megavideogamer"]

In a way the original Playstation 3 60 & 20 Gigers have the biggest gaming library. The entire original Playstation library, The entrie Playstation 2 library, And the entire Playstation 3 library. Plus all of the PSN games library. So for a single console that can play the most games PS3 launch models cannot be equalled.

But for a single console, With only offical releases The Playstation 2 which has lasted from March 2000- Aug/Sept 2012 ? Maybe the Atari 2600 with a lifespan of 14 years and tons of games, Most of which are unoffical. Which is one of the reasons for the Videogame industry Crash of 1983.

Atari 2600 or PS2 for a single console, Phat PS3 20 & 60 Gigers for the biggest gaming library in general.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

If you really wanna go there then technically the pc has the biggest libary because it can play any system other than the xbox, xbox 360 and ps3

I really don't think pirating counts here, because in that sense, like any system with a hard drive or a large memory card can play any system.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 XxR3m1xInHDn3D

[QUOTE="XxR3m1xInHDn3D"][QUOTE="Megavideogamer"]

Emerald_Warrior

I really don't think pirating counts here, because in that sense, like any system with a hard drive or a large memory card can play any system.

Pretty sure a 360 or psp can't play wii games
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="XxR3m1xInHDn3D"] If you really wanna go there then technically the pc has the biggest libary because it can play any system other than the xbox, xbox 360 and ps3XxR3m1xInHDn3D

And how does a PC use motion controls?

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 XxR3m1xInHDn3D

[QUOTE="XxR3m1xInHDn3D"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Emerald_Warrior

And how does a PC use motion controls?

You can use the wii controller on the pc and it works properly
Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76 Exceed20XX
Member since 2011 • 817 Posts

For PC you can get drivers for things like Wiimotes or Kinect.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Emerald_Warrior

Exceed20XX

You'd need a sensor of some sort, and the Wii Sensor Bar's connection wouldn't fit into a USB port. So how does that work, exactly?

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Exceed20XX

[QUOTE="Exceed20XX"]

Emerald_Warrior

You'd need a sensor of some sort, and the Wii Sensor Bar's connection wouldn't fit into a USB port. So how does that work, exactly?

Wireless sensor bar.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Exceed20XX"]

Exceed20XX

Wireless sensor bar.

I didn't even know they made such a thing for PC.

Regardless, my original point stands. We're not counting pirating here, we're counting games native to that system.

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Exceed20XX

[QUOTE="Exceed20XX"]

Emerald_Warrior

Wireless sensor bar.

I didn't even know they made such a thing for PC.

Regardless, my original point stands. We're not counting pirating here, we're counting games native to that system.

Well if you end up with any interest it's not one made for the PC. You can use the Wii "Ultra" one as it doesn't require hardware to function, it just works directly in tandem with the remotes themselves. The remotes send the appropriate signals to the "system" they are synced to, not the bar as I would've once thought.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

What about all the rereleases of arcade games like Mortal Kombat Collecton, Doom BFG Edition, and Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting and Remix HD.  There are also Game of the year/complete editions several games for the Xbox 360 such as Red Dead Redemption, Elderscrolls, Mass Effect Trilogy and others.  You also cannot count HD collections either, since those games were not made originally for the 360 such as the Devil May Cry Collection and the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. 

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Emerald_Warrior

What about all the rereleases of arcade games like Mortal Kombat Collecton, Doom BFG Edition, and Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting and Remix HD. There are also Game of the year/complete editions several games for the Xbox 360 such as Red Dead Redemption, Elderscrolls, Mass Effect Trilogy and others. You also cannot count HD collections either, since those games were not made originally for the 360 such as the Devil May Cry Collection and the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

gamenerd15

Why can't you count those? They're official releases. The collections like Street Fighter Anniversary and Capcom Classics I would just count as one title, though. Not really fair to split them up and all the games on it individually.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Launch model ps3 by far.
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#84 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

Launch model ps3 by far.Heirren

Oooh sneaky!

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
PS2 easily I reckon as you can also play all the PS1 games on it.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Dudersaper
PS2 easily I reckon as you can also play all the PS1 games on it.MonoSilver
Yeah but that way Heirren's choice would be appropriate, the launch model PS3 can play PS1, PS2 and PS3 games, so that would have the largest library. But, since PS3 isn't exactly Legacy yet, I'd also say for this thread, the PS2 is the answer.
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
[QUOTE="MonoSilver"]PS2 easily I reckon as you can also play all the PS1 games on it.Dudersaper
Yeah but that way Heirren's choice would be appropriate, the launch model PS3 can play PS1, PS2 and PS3 games, so that would have the largest library. But, since PS3 isn't exactly Legacy yet, I'd also say for this thread, the PS2 is the answer.

I thought the early PS3 had problems with emulation and some PS2 games though, just like apparently all PS1 games can't be played on any PS3.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Dudersaper
I don't doubt that may be the case, but so far I haven't encountered any problems with any PS1 or PS2 games I've played on my PS3.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"]Launch model ps3 by far.BarbaricAvatar

Oooh sneaky!

I don't think it's sneaky. It played everything. In addition to all psx, ps2, and ps3 games, there are a number of old arcade games, SNK comps, and genesis games. It's a stellar console.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#90 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

[QUOTE="Dudersaper"][QUOTE="MonoSilver"]PS2 easily I reckon as you can also play all the PS1 games on it.MonoSilver

I thought the early PS3 had problems with emulation and some PS2 games though, just like apparently all PS1 games can't be played on any PS3.

Some old games do run worse on PS3.  Final Fantasy 8 has weird graphical issues when the game transitions from the field screen to the battle screen on the world map.  This is one of the reasons why I do not understand the complaints towards the lack of backwards compatibility.  If you want to play X game, then play it on the system it was intended for if possible.  Yes, hooking up 10 billion systems to one TV is a hassle, but BC does not always run the games like it should.Â