What's your wishlist of 6th Gen games you want remade? (PS2/Orig.Xbox/PSP)

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

The 6th Generation of video games is the best one imo. :)

I feel like the Switch has potential with handling them in HD. Look at Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath coming out soon for it. There's games from its time that I think would be better off on there than on PSN or XBLA.

Here's my wishlist:

- American McGee's Scrapland

- God Hand

- Dead Head Fred

- Nightshade (Shinobi spinoff)

- That Spider-Man game where you can play as Venom and can free roam New York City eating people...pure badass.

So what's yours?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7269 Posts

Totally agree about gen 6 being the best. Maybe a little nostalgia but I think it was in that sweet spot where developers had wrapped their heads around 3D, all the consoles finally had twin stick controllers, graphics could be genuinely pretty, and budgets were still small enough to allow for experimentation. Anyway, here's my list:

Geist on the Gamecube. This game was fun, but needed some polish. Tighten the controls, smooth the framerate, and improve the enemy AI, and it would go from decent to great.

XGRA had similar issues. Great track design but the controls were a bit too loose and the framerate too inconsistent. Fix those and it could give the almighty F-Zero GX a run for it's money.

Viewtiful Joe. There's nothing to improve here, the game is damn near perfect. More people just need a chance to play it.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Not many honestly. Think this re-release/ improvement port/ Remake/ long awaited sequel catering has been kind to me in that generation, and other generations_

I'll be extra greedy and list some, though it goes against the threads gen restriction-

• Hope Resident Evil: Nemesis gets a full-blown remake after Resi2.
  • Would gladly rebuy ports of some of my favorite 3D Slashers; Ninja Gaiden: Sigma/ Black, and Heavenly Sword as well.
  • If the recent CastleVania duo does well, hopefully the 3DS trilogy gets a re-release, probably on Switch this time all considering.
  • Finally, SEGA just give us a port of Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder. It's way overdue.

*I'm aware only one of these is technically 6th generation. Though as stated most I would have wanted released or improved already happened. Metal Wolf Chaos would have been perfect but again, it's happening. . So listing additional 6th generation games that I'd want, has dried-up.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

The reality is half of these companies have probably shut-down by now so it's very unlikely for these games to get a reboot of any kind. It's nice to be hopeful though...

• The original PS1 Popolocrois games localised in English or a port of the PSP version on PS4 (I would absolutely buy these in a heartbeat. It's unlikely though. We did get the PSP version so to some degree it's related to 6th gen?)
  • Blinx The Time Sweeper/Blinx 2 Masters of Time & Space (Xbox Exclusive.)
  • Tak Games(Would like to see this franchise return but it's highly unlikely.)
  • Kya: Dark Lineage (The studio that made the game shut-down so who knows if we'll ever get a sequel or a remake.)
  • Malice (Not a lot of people have heard of this game. Would be nice to bring it back.)
  • Fur Fighters (Nice little third-person shooter.)
  • Haven Call of the King (I haven't played this one but watched a video review of it and it seemed pretty good. Seemed like a big game for it's time in terms of it's scale. Originally it was going to be a trilogy but the company who produced the game closed down.)
  • Pitfall: The Lost Expedition (Cool game for it's time. Characters were fun. Although these days people would just say it's ripping off Uncharted & Tomb Raider.)
  • Whiplash (Played it once. Great gameplay.)
  • Dr Muto (Fun game. I liked roaming around the hub world.)
  • Scaler (Awesome game and was pretty popular once upon a time too.)

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Speeny

@mclarenmaster18: Yeah I think it’s time we get another F-ZERO game. I played the one on GameCube. Controls were tricky seeing as how fast it was. But it was fun. Big Blue is always a classic even on MK8. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Max Payne 2. Take all the best mechanics of Max Payne 3 (shoulder swapping, better roll, better animations, better crouch, extended prone, optional zoom with the right mouse button, the multiplayer melee and grenades), make Max lighter on his feet, add the crawling and sideways ground rolling from MGSV), give the player a second two-handed weapon (shotgun, rifle, RPG) that Max hangs over his shoulder (I prefer the temporary carry system.), add a sliding feature, add destruction, gore, give the player a choice between fully animated cutscenes and comic strips, add interactive objects like carts you can slide on, an ability to somehow aim your guns in two directions, make the levels a little more open, but keep it linear, make the last boss not suck... Modern shooters are mostly boring as hell.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#9 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@sanghelle56:

You actually liked Dead Head Fred? I don't think I've ever met anyone who did!

Me, I just wanna see the faithful return of Shadow Man from the ps1 era. And Gex the Gecko..

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

If Nintendo released a HD version of Super Mario Sunshine on Switch, I'd go buy a Switch in a heartbeat. Same goes for if they ported Wind Waker too.

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

@nepu7supastar7: Yeah. I'll admit I never actually played it, but I saw the old X-Play review for it years ago. It's so original and I wish it wasn't outdated. :( Can't think of that many other horror comedy titles than the 2010 Splatterhouse.

Also Gex looks like fun. There was an Adult Swim commercial that did a little shout out to it lol

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Speeny

@hrt_rulz01: Same. I never got to play Sunshine as a kid. Only watched my cousins play it. Really ahead of its time back then.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#13 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@sanghelle56:

Well, if you've ever played Medieval before, Dead Head Fred kinda plays like a spiritual successor. It was kinda fun. But things got repetitive after a while.

AmitKatev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AmitKatev
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

I'd like to see a remake to the awesome game

X-Men: Children of the Atom (Sony PlayStation 1, 1998)

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

Gladiator Begins (PSP), Yu-Gi-Oh, Dulest of the Roses(PS2), The entire Ace Combat Trilogy (PSP), Ace combat X (PSP) Sims 2 Castaway (PS2), The Urbz, Sims in the city (GBA/ DS verson), and probably something like Nascar 2006, Total Team Control, (PS2, Xbox), but starting in the early 2000's and building up to something like to the year 2024 or something.