What's your favourite 3D fighter series?

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Poll What's your favourite 3D fighter series? (12 votes)

Virtua Fighter 25%
Soul Calibur 25%
Tekken 50%

My least played 3d fighter was Virtua Fighter even though I had the one that came out on the 360. It's a great game I just didn't have much free time for gaming back then.

Tekken is my most played 3d fighter. From the first one to Tekken 2. I spent a lot of hours playing these on the PS1 with family and friends. Tekken 2 is probably my fav Tekken game. I played more recent ones but only briefly.

Soul Calibur, I played this from when it was Soul Edge, to the PS1 version that was Soul Blade, to the Dreamcast version to the OG Xbox's Soul Calibur 2. I love this series, had so much fun with it. It was a new concept where all the characters fought with weapons. After I stopped playing Tekken I would say this replaced it for me. It's the last 3d fighter I put a lot of time into.

If I had choose it would be between Tekken and Soul Calibur because I didn't play Virtua Fighter too much due to lack of Sega consoles. I had immense fun with Soul Calibur but I guess Tekken wins for me, especially Tekken 2. After only playing 2D fighters like Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat series and Killer Instinct etc, Tekken totally took me away from 2D fighters for a few years.

So what about you? What's your favourite 3D fighting game series?

• 
judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7334 Posts

Probably Soul Calibur. Might be the only series I've put a fair ammount if time into every entry. Of those, Virtua Fighter would come second. Tekken is cool, but trying to git gud feels too much like homework.

I've been playing Bloody Roar again recently, and I like it more now than I did back in the day. It was always kinda mid, but they just don't make games like this anymore. Feels refreshing in the modern world.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34699 Posts

Haven't played any Virtua Fighter game.

Tekken's all right.

Haven't played many SC games either, but I did play a shitton of SC2. So SC wins for me for that reason.

quillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By quillo
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

For the moment (I'm a PC player recently converted to 3DFG but I loved in my childhood VF2 on arcade and Bushido Blade on friends consoles) : https://1921681254.mx/

Tekken 7 (my first Tekken)

Dead Or Alive 6 (my first DOA)

Virtua Fighter 2 (strong nostalgia factor)

Bushido Blade (for its concept)

But I haven't play many 3D FGs...

I can't play now the ancient ones because graphics aged and I'm very sensitive to 3D when It's fighting game...

So i'm waiting for a Virtua Fighter 6 (It will be an INSTANT buy if it keeps promises).

2022 will be a great year because Die By The Blade and Hellish Quart, the true spiritual childs of Bushido Blade, will be released. They're my most awaited fgs of 2022.