What's your favorite piece or set of armor from any game?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8784 Posts

Mine is the prestige armor in Guild Wars for my Dervish character.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59268 Posts

Guild Wars immediately comes to mind.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11687 Posts

I could write a list honestly, lol. But I'll narrow it down to three as I imagine some users will cover designs many think about & like anyway (Chun Li for example).

Originating from the first MH game as an online event Kirin Girl, for a long time was the most recognisable and iconic armor in Monster Hunter. Everyone wanted the costume and hunt the Elder Dragon. While the male variant isn't exactly awful it would be the girl version that was all the talk_

It's a well beloved outfit even after all this time. Naturally a few western posters in the gaming space will use Kirin armor/ Kirin Girl to push certain agendas and ideologies, but it never stopped Capcom MH loving the design and using it often, even inspiring newer armor sets_

I am a fan of the other variants of Kirin armor too honestly. Even the G/M-Rank variants.

---

As for a less sexy outfit. A fan of Jill Valentines original S.T.A.R.s costume (the one on the right) not that I dislike her outfits in 3_

Five onwards Capcom just focused on making her look like a Lara croft, or blonde Lara in black leather. I'm all for characters to look sexy (Kirin Girl), however Jill already had a distinct look that I think later games butchered to pander. Remake 3 I think did a good job with Jill, though I do agree Julia Voth is still how I view the character. Sasha Zotova got too much hate however, she still looked the part.

Didn't care so much what they did with Chris in later entires. His original look was bland. 5 onwards only gave him his own identity, excluding VII in which he briefly looked like a completely different person.

---

And lastly I'll select Kazama Jin hoodie outfit from Tekken 4_

Whether this counts as armor I'm sure is highly debateable. And understand if it gets disregarded.

Outfits later in the franchise would be. . over designed. Jin would also start dressing closer to his father. In 7 basically very character looks like they came from Hokuto no Ken.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6959 Posts

Horse Armor. Oblivion. Great Deal.

A steal, when you think about it.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 SargentD  Online
Member since 2020 • 8345 Posts

Skyshatter tier 6 set for shamans in Burning Crusade was something special.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#6 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11687 Posts
@SUD123456 said:

Honestly, the best answer.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8784 Posts
@RSM-HQ said:
@SUD123456 said:

Honestly, the best answer.

Ah, yes. The much revered golden horse armor. Jolly good!