What's the name of the main reviewer/announcer guy on gametrailers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 creepy_mike
Member since 2007 • 1092 Posts

I've searched the site to death, but I can't seem to find a profile anywhere. Say what you want about GT's staff overall, I like this particualr guy's style and find his reviews very articulate and informative.

So if anyone can find some infromation, like a name or a blog or something, I'd be most thankful.

smg_goty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 smg_goty
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts
I believe the review narrator's name is Geoff Knightley. He is the host of the program "Bonus Round" on Gametrailers. His voice sound different on the review narrator than on Bonus Round.
creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 creepy_mike

Are you sure? I've considered that it might be him but the voices, as you said, just sound way too different. It could just be because he's closer to the mic in the reviews, which causes one's voice to sound deeper and richer (a reassuring fact for anyone who's ever envied the pipes of their local radio DJ).

Thanks either way. :)

viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 viewtiful26
Member since 2005 • 2842 Posts

Are you sure? I've considered that it might be him but the voices, as you said, just sound way too different. It could just be because he's closer to the mic in the reviews, which causes one's voice to sound deeper and richer (a reassuring fact for anyone who's ever envied the pipes of their local radio DJ).

creepy_mike
I doubt it's Keighley, it doesn't sound anything like him...also consider that there's more that one narrator in some of the videos as well (or at least the older ones). Have you considered going to the GT forums and asking? Actually, now I'm curious on who the dude is too.
radiocreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 radiocreed
Member since 2005 • 1588 Posts
On the 3rd week of November's Bonus Round, gametrailer's video podcast, they mentioned that someone play the game and write the video review script. Then the guy who voices the video review just read the script, I don't think he plays and writes the review. They say it's hard to do what he does and few people can do that.
creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 creepy_mike
[QUOTE="creepy_mike"]

viewtiful26

I doubt it's Keighley, it doesn't sound anything like him...also consider that there's more that one narrator in some of the videos as well (or at least the older ones). Have you considered going to the GT forums and asking? Actually, now I'm curious on who the dude is too.

Just asked the forums and it looks like the accouncer is a guy named brandon, one of the site's founders. Also, it appears he doesn't actually write the reviews; he just perfroms the voice overs while the editorial staff does the penwork.

At any rate, its nice to finally know!

viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 viewtiful26
Member since 2005 • 2842 Posts
[QUOTE="viewtiful26"][QUOTE="creepy_mike"]

creepy_mike

Just asked the forums and it looks like the accouncer is a guy named brandon, one of the site's founders. Also, it appears he doesn't actually write the reviews; he just perfroms the voice overs while the editorial staff does the penwork.

At any rate, its nice to finally know!

Yeah...although now that I think about it, it makes me wonder if X-play in G4tv does the same thing...it would explain a lot actually.
kriptonzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 kriptonzz
Member since 2004 • 3637 Posts
Eh, he's gotton lazier, he's doing his reviews in the bathroom now and it sounds all echo-ey.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
You have a crush on him too? :oops: